Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Another reason there is not enough tanks

I tank once a day for the eofs, and thats plenty for me, not as fun as the other roles due to the crap you have to put up with between trigger happy dps, and fail dps. Not a particularly enjoyable experience and thats it, nothing else really matters. DKs can feel free to roll on SP gear aslong as their decent peeps

Had a hunter roll on The Black Heart in ToC earlier. Luckily I got it the run before otherwise I would have raged.

I'd recommend doing instances with a friend, then if someone rolls on tank gear you can get your friend to roll too and give you the item if they win. Doubles your chances of getting the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlorr
    Its not just other tanks taking gear nowadays, I've seen a rogue and a hunter Roll on the Black Heart in ToC.
    Yea, its odd, I'll inspect some dps in my groups for no reason some times and I'll see Black Heart on them.

I don't have any idea that could give anyone any incentive to roll on it unless they were a tank. Maybe thats the first epic trinket they've seen and epic + trinkey = I need this, I don't care if I'm a mage and already have one.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun
    I don't have any idea that could give anyone any incentive to roll on it unless they were a tank.
    The two non-tank reasons I've heard for rolling on it were a warlock for PvP (which may be valid, if you just really need the stam) and a dps-only DK for armored to the teeth (armor proc only when hit + dpsers shouldn't be hit = facepalm).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    The two non-tank reasons I've heard for rolling on it were a warlock for PvP (which may be valid, if you just really need the stam) and a dps-only DK for armored to the teeth (armor proc only when hit + dpsers shouldn't be hit = facepalm).
    Got a third non-tank reason for rolling Need on the tanking trinket: "The graphic will look good on my RP set, since my cloak is red."

I'm not kidding, either.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Good luck getting guildies and friends to farm regular HoL for your alt to get a trinket. I'm a nice guy, I like helping my friends, but I'm not going to spend hours farming a trinket that is going to be replaced within a month.
    I personally don't mind, but as you say if its going to be replaced in a month then why are you bothering in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

Lost Rimefang's Claw to a rogue.
    Lost The Black Heart to a mage.
    Lost Essence of Gossamer to a warlock.
    The list goes on.

It sucks but it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01
    . Problem is Best of all, twice it was taken by druid who has no use for it whatsoever. If plate dps decides to roll on it, I can remotely understand it as they can put good use to it when they decide to go tank--although I never roll on dps items unless they are not wanted. But 2 out of 4 times, the trinket was taken by druid dps/healer.

This is another reason there is not enough tanks around.
    Seal of the Pantheon
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    Requires Level 78
    Item Level 187
    Equip: Increases defense rating by 65 (15.3 @ L78).
    Use: Increases armor by 3570 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)
    Ok there's tons of druid tanks and they can use it d is good for them now if it read shield block i would agree but this is just a learn the class issue.

*side note* Yes it blows a healer or rouge-mage Ect taking it.

15+ Year Old Account

Another one

Halls of Reflections Normal Mode

45 min to 1 hour queue as a Tank

You get in there and everyone else is a tank that switched to DPS

Shield drops from 2nd boss and everyone rolls on it

Tank loses

I've ran this place 35 times on my pally and lost to a dps each time it has dropped.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. I can't count the number of times I've had a tank item drop that some fucking DK in pvp gear ninja's then leaves. Like literally, anytime there is a cruddy geared DK in the group DPSing, I just assume I'll be needing up against him for it. I'm fine with it if he's dual spec'd and needs it, but wankers should just tank then...not like it's hard. I was tanking heroics with guys in 251+ gear when I was rockin out quest blues still.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

When I pug, I half way expect that there's a ninja in the group.

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

I often had dps roll on tank gear and very often win it. Had a ret pally yesterday who told me the black heart was "locked"~ oh yes in a group made by the tool. Tanking is fun, more than any other role but its always dps who make it unenjoyable.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".