Editing Fraps video

I use fraps at the moment i was curious if any of you guys know of some cool video editing software. Open source would be nice, all i want to do is just make some transitions basic stuff like that.

Re: Editing Fraps video

Youtube
    "get sony vegas for free"
    ????
    profit
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Windows Movie Maker.

You would be suprised how many people use it... And I'm not talking random people. I'm talking some very good looking videos with excellent looking Editing.'

Usually they use photoshop along with WMM though.

WMM is very simple and easy to use.

Sony vegas is complicated to learn, as it has 100000000000 buttons compared to WMM, yet when you know it in an out, you can produce 10X the effects as WMM.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

No video with good editing was made with wmm. It's like paint vs. photoshop
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    No video with good editing was made with wmm. It's like paint vs. photoshop
    I'm sorry you don't have the skill to make a good video with WMM. However that doesn't mean no video with good editing could be made with WMM. I've seen a few, and they even said they used WMM. I don't see a reason why they would lie.

Just because I can't do a backflip doesn't mean black flips are impossible. If you get what I'm saying.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuthos
    Sony vegas is complicated to learn
    Yes, watching a 3-minute YouTube video on how to export in HD w/ Sony Vegas is very complicated.

K4ge is right. Comparing WMM to Sony Vegas is like comparing Paint to Photoshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Get Sony Vegas it has many features that WMM cant compete even simple things like zoom and cropping is limited in WMP.

I currently have Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and Adobe After Effects CS4 (Adobe Master Collection). My question is, is Sony Vagas easier to learn than either of those two Adobe programs? I started out making my videos in iMovie (yes I am a Mac user) and I wanted to get some more advanced features.

On a side note, anyone happen to have any links to decent tutorials on After Effects? I am trying to design a really nice into to all of the videos I make. For example, like the into to the Armageddon movie or maybe like the intros to the Matrix movies.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain