Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Pve proffesion choice.

Hello and thanks for clicking Currently
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...axis&cn=Kudrel
    JC and Inscription, i wondering if changeing it to eng/BS any help would be welcomed Please and thank you for the help i hope i dont get flamed

Re: Elemental Pve proffesion choice.

I've Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, and im pretty happy with it don't think that will be another set up of profs as good as those ones

/thanks.

Regards,
    Chückyy.

10+ Year Old Account

Afaik JC and Engi is best for ele shamans

From JC you can get 39 SP gems which is extremely usefull

And from engineering, Rocketboots, slowfall, 340 haste each 1 min

Engi is best
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Afaik JC and Engi is best for ele shamans

From JC you can get 39 SP gems which is extremely usefull

And from engineering, Rocketboots, slowfall, 340 haste each 1 min

Engi is best
    For JC, yeah I agree, but for engi, depends a lot. Sure, the cloak thingie is nice at times, but you lose some haste due to replacement (gaining some SP but still, loss is a loss), the enchant on gloves is situational, as in some fights you just CAN'T use it, due to heroism being blown on certain point, making the extra haste useless, and making the enchants usefulness questionable (overall, ofc it triumphs over the SP, but you still lose some SP getting it). And for the rocket boots, sure it brings you extra crit and the movement speed for 1-2 times a fight, but if you have to move constantly, like in bloodprinces, the usefulness of tuskar's vitalitys constant movement speed could bring more benefit.

I'm not denying that engineer isn't good, or useful, but I'd say that JC+pretty much any profession that benefits your SP is good enough to rival it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden
    For JC, yeah I agree, but for engi, depends a lot. Sure, the cloak thingie is nice at times, but you lose some haste due to replacement (gaining some SP but still, loss is a loss), the enchant on gloves is situational, as in some fights you just CAN'T use it, due to heroism being blown on certain point, making the extra haste useless, and making the enchants usefulness questionable (overall, ofc it triumphs over the SP, but you still lose some SP getting it). And for the rocket boots, sure it brings you extra crit and the movement speed for 1-2 times a fight, but if you have to move constantly, like in bloodprinces, the usefulness of tuskar's vitalitys constant movement speed could bring more benefit.

I'm not denying that engineer isn't good, or useful, but I'd say that JC+pretty much any profession that benefits your SP is good enough to rival it.
    Actully about the gloves, not really.

I have 1027 haste unbuffed

We usally pop evrey single cooldown on putricide to get him down

Which is where all my haste comes in, 1027 + 340 ( gloves ) + Elemental Mastery + Haste pot ( 500 )

With all this my LB is about 0.4-0.5 and LB about 0.6 so it doesnt go over the GCD which actully helps alot for dps races

i think i actully managed to pull out 11k dps or so, but it was atleast 10k afaik
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

if you cant find 12 seconds every one minute to stand still and produce some nice hasted dps, professions are useless since your dps will be a joke.

heroism is 13% uptime during a 5 minute fight, and not even 7% of a 10 minute fight like PP hc/sindra hc/LK.

if you cant find time to use that before hero is blown, the fights you are doing are most likely very easy, or your guild has no co-ordination and just pops hero randomly which is also stupid.

JC/engy is easily the best profs, KNOWING when to use glove cooldowns and positioning/timing yourself to do so is what you do as an ele shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    With all this my LB is about 0.4-0.5 and LB about 0.6 so it doesnt go over the GCD which actully helps alot for dps races
    I'm not an elemental expert, but at least of what I know, GCD cap is 1.0s. Getting under that isn't beneficial, since you can't cast a spell more than once a second, so for the 0,4-0,5s after the cast, you'll be doing nothing, just waiting for the GCD to finish. Instead, you should be chaining your CDs, like first hero, then EM, then gloves. I can be wrong, But I think like that you'll get a lot bigger dps upgrade, due to not having to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsrobe
    if you cant find 12 seconds every one minute to stand still and produce some nice hasted dps, professions are useless since your dps will be a joke.

heroism is 13% uptime during a 5 minute fight, and not even 7% of a 10 minute fight like PP hc/sindra hc/LK.

if you cant find time to use that before hero is blown, the fights you are doing are most likely very easy, or your guild has no co-ordination and just pops hero randomly which is also stupid.

JC/engy is easily the best profs, KNOWING when to use glove cooldowns and positioning/timing yourself to do so is what you do as an ele shaman.
    Yes. I'm not denying Engi isn't good. But let's see. How many fights are there that you WON'T use heroism off in the beginning, in ICC, at least on hc? I count 5/11, since Gunship isn't a bossfight on my scale (it's freeloot ;p). So, on 6/11 you can't use the haste in the beginning. After that, you want to make sure to get EM to cd, since your t10 setbonus benefits this, to lower it's cd. So, for first 1 min, your haste on gloves will be useless, while SP on gloves would have given some dps,+ SP from your flask/shoulder enchant/ring enchants.

And then for the finding place to use it. Yes, you are casting in a fight more than moving, I didn't say you don't. But remember also, it has a cd. What if you have to move, or will have to pause just before it comes from cd? Every second you don't use it lowers it's value. Yes, SP wouldn't benefit during this time either, but if this happens multiple times in a fight, it may mean you lose 1 possible use in the end. And you know, it's not always about the ele shaman, it's sometimes just pure RNG. As I mentioned, Engineering IS NOT a bad choice, but I said, others are on par with it, due to it having it's good and bad sides. And it's just my opinion, but average of 68 haste-cloak enchant=45haste isn't quite as good as 47 SP (46 from profession+1 from (gloves enchant-cloak enchant)). So, unless I'm missinformed, and crit from boots is exceptionally beneficial, and haste>SP, I'd say they are pretty much on par ;p

When in doubt, go JC/BS. Or if you're really bad a popping items like trinkets and haste pots, go JC/BS (because that engi bonus would do you jack shit if you don't use it).

Yes. I'm not denying Engi isn't good. But let's see. How many fights are there that you WON'T use heroism off in the beginning, in ICC, at least on hc? I count 5/11, since Gunship isn't a bossfight on my scale (it's freeloot ;p). So, on 6/11 you can't use the haste in the beginning. After that, you want to make sure to get EM to cd, since your t10 setbonus benefits this, to lower it's cd. So, for first 1 min, your haste on gloves will be useless, while SP on gloves would have given some dps,+ SP from your flask/shoulder enchant/ring enchants.

And then for the finding place to use it. Yes, you are casting in a fight more than moving, I didn't say you don't. But remember also, it has a cd. What if you have to move, or will have to pause just before it comes from cd? Every second you don't use it lowers it's value. Yes, SP wouldn't benefit during this time either, but if this happens multiple times in a fight, it may mean you lose 1 possible use in the end. And you know, it's not always about the ele shaman, it's sometimes just pure RNG. As I mentioned, Engineering IS NOT a bad choice, but I said, others are on par with it, due to it having it's good and bad sides. And it's just my opinion, but average of 68 haste-cloak enchant=45haste isn't quite as good as 47 SP (46 from profession+1 from (gloves enchant-cloak enchant)). So, unless I'm missinformed, and crit from boots is exceptionally beneficial, and haste>SP, I'd say they are pretty much on par ;p
    we never pop heroism right at the start we let people get the ramp-up or stacks going, just 1 example would be ret pala, i know he hates the ramp-up time, so yes i can use it, then heroism gets it near back off cooldown again, pro stuff.

dunno where u went with and haste>SP, spellpower is king, another good reason for engy, 27spellpower on back instead of 23 haste, where most ele shamans should already be at the 1269 "soft-cap" anyway.

and the 5(can only find 4) fights where u use heroism from the start are marrowgar, festergut, rotface, blood princes, and u can easily wait 20-30 seconds into those fights, to pop heroism its really not going to matter on those easy modes....

im very good at cooldowns currently im pulling about 10-12k dps (excludeing sin because that B hates me) all cooldowns are easy for me to pop i keep track of everything and watch it all so, with Skill about knowing when to pop cooldowns, what is the best proffestions

I don't know if you are aware of it, but for most classes, starting with hero in the beginning is beneficial, due to fact they CAN stack other CDs with it, and they also usually get their TRINKETS up in the beginning, within first 2-3 casts/melee attacks. Using it later not only delays their use of CDs, but also makes most TRINKET proccs useless, due to them being on inner cd. And yes, you gain 27 sp from cloak enchant, but lose the same from gloves. You also gain average of 68 haste from cloak, and lose 23 from cloak, thus resulting in +45 haste, -1 sp from engi. And since you gain 46 SP from other proffs...

EDIT: also, fights that WE start with heroism are: Marrowgar, Festergut, Rotface, Blood Princes, Sindragosa and Lich King. Don't know what you think, but we consider starting those fights with heroism beneficial.

so it is beneficial to pop bloodlust (!) when the locks have to cast their curses, -armor stack isnt on 5 and so on?
    you get these 12s in the beginning
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    so it is beneficial to pop bloodlust (!) when the locks have to cast their curses, -armor stack isnt on 5 and so on?
    you get these 12s in the beginning
    Normally i pop CD after i get my 10/10 haste rating improve from Totem + 5/5 sp from Muradin's trinket, from gunship.. and when i get it.. i wait for the next rotation, then FS + Heroism! and at this time, every cursed have been casted, every sunders are up and everyone is rdy to the real nuke !

/poke if i'm wrong at anything.

You are completely forgetting that you'll still get to do 30% more damage compared to the situation you wouldn't pop it, and in most cases, everything you pop/stack up will stack up faster as well. Or are you saying that muradin/haste totem doesn't stack up faster with heroism? Sunders may be a bit of different story, but since we have our devastating prot warr and 1 dps warrior sundering up, the stack is up there in like 2 globals ;p And that's basicly when the heroism flys off, meaning the haste use still would be useless.

Why does everyone like JC so much? You get a total of 48 extra sp with your gems, big whoop.

I use Tailoring/Alchemy. Alch is a must Imo

Tailoring gives you lightweave on you cloak, which averages out to 70ish sp, making it the best enchant for caster dps, plus allowing you to save money on threading your pants, and making bags/spellweave spec x2 cloth for great easy money

Alchemy boosts all flask sp buffs by 47 (So 1 less sp than JC....) but you get mixology, allowing your flasks to last twice as often, being transmute master for easy gold, crazy alch potions, and so much more

JC is terrible tbh. It's a great goldmaker, but I've an alt for that. Tailoring/Alch is the way to go

*Edit: Engi isnt an option for me as a normal fight with 264 totem stacked I have 1388 haste, about too much as it is.

as far as prof bonuses go:

Enchanting: 46 sp (ring enchants)

Alchemy: 47 sp

Jewelcrafting: 48 sp (3x 39 sp instead of 23, giving you 48 more)

BS: 2 sockets ending up at 46 sp (2x 23 sp gems)

Engi: Haste proc on gloves, rockets on boots+24crit(instead of tuskarrs), 27 sp on cloak and parachute(instead of 23 haste)

IMO the most benefiting 2 professions (purely by the profession sp bonus) is JC and Engineering, if you know how to handle your cooldowns.

I myself have engineering (both because its awesome, because i pvp and it is the most benefit for me PvE-wise) and enchanting(its only 2 sp less than JC)

Remember the 1 sec GCD limit. Chain your cooldowns (example: start the fight with ele mastery and gloveproc, then when they are over pop bloodlust, when bloodlust is over wait for your ele mastery and glove enchant to cool off, pop em again, and keep going, if you have any other haste procs (trinket) then chain em after a ele mastery or so, just dont get below 1sec cast on your LB.

I dont see why everyone keeps claiming JC/BS to be the best, if engineering isnt for you i'd still go JC/Alch instead.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't know if you are aware of it, but for most classes, starting with hero in the beginning is beneficial, due to fact they CAN stack other CDs with it, and they also usually get their TRINKETS up in the beginning, within first 2-3 casts/melee attacks. Using it later not only delays their use of CDs, but also makes most TRINKET proccs useless, due to them being on inner cd. And yes, you gain 27 sp from cloak enchant, but lose the same from gloves. You also gain average of 68 haste from cloak, and lose 23 from cloak, thus resulting in +45 haste, -1 sp from engi. And since you gain 46 SP from other proffs...

EDIT: also, fights that WE start with heroism are: Marrowgar, Festergut, Rotface, Blood Princes, Sindragosa and Lich King. Don't know what you think, but we consider starting those fights with heroism beneficial.
    Why would you ever pop hero in the beginning on Sindragosa and Lich King? For Lich King, we save it for the 2nd Raging Spirit phase to get as many down before phase5 begins. Also on Marrowgar, you have 45 sec after bone storm until he does another, so it's ideal to do the hero after the first bone storm assuming you kept everyone alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawka
    Why would you ever pop hero in the beginning on Sindragosa and Lich King? For Lich King, we save it for the 2nd Raging Spirit phase to get as many down before phase5 begins. Also on Marrowgar, you have 45 sec after bone storm until he does another, so it's ideal to do the hero after the first bone storm assuming you kept everyone alive.
    For Sindragosa, we like to do it in the beginning, since it won't do any good in p3, due to melee being away most of the time, destroying blocks instead (at least many of them, we exclude a few dks, and our rpally) so it resulted a dps loss to us at least. For the Lich King, we use it in the beginning to gain more dps, to get it back later in the fight (not necessary on normal, but surely helpful on heroic), and since you'll likely leave 1-2 ragings alive in p5, it's a waste there most of the time. And still, on marrowgar, everyone can burn their CDs right away, instead of waiting for after first bonestorm (At least all 3min cds won't come back up if used before it).

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    as far as prof bonuses go:

Enchanting: 46 sp (ring enchants)

Alchemy: 47 sp

Jewelcrafting: 48 sp (3x 39 sp instead of 23, giving you 48 more)

BS: 2 sockets ending up at 46 sp (2x 23 sp gems)

Engi: Haste proc on gloves, rockets on boots+24crit(instead of tuskarrs), 27 sp on cloak and parachute(instead of 23 haste)

IMO the most benefiting 2 professions (purely by the profession sp bonus) is JC and Engineering, if you know how to handle your cooldowns.
    Sigh...as I said, you will be comparing 47-48 SP (You WILL lose 1 SP with tradeoff of your gloves enchant compared to cloak enchant) with 45 haste (average haste from gloves - cloak enchant you lose)+22 crit...In case we are talking statistically that is. Boots enchant can change it drastically, or then not, depeds on RNG as always.

I'll just say my opinion: Just stick with what you have, you will barely feel any difference to engineer most of the time ;p

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

For Sindragosa, we like to do it in the beginning, since it won't do any good in p3, due to melee being away most of the time, destroying blocks instead (at least many of them, we exclude a few dks, and our rpally) so it resulted a dps loss to us at least. For the Lich King, we use it in the beginning to gain more dps, to get it back later in the fight (not necessary on normal, but surely helpful on heroic), and since you'll likely leave 1-2 ragings alive in p5, it's a waste there most of the time. And still, on marrowgar, everyone can burn their CDs right away, instead of waiting for after first bonestorm (At least all 3min cds won't come back up if used before it).
    Well it always comes down to what works best for your guild but I imo, blow hero on the 2nd raging spirit phase. Instead of having 2 up, you will only have 1 and it's almost dead going into phase 5. Because if you lose a tank, it can get nasty if you have no brez.

But Arthas for us is such an easy fight now, we one shot it everytime on normal. Heroic of course is a lot more difficult lol.