Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Since no one's talking about the new dispels for Ret...

As far as pvp goes, unless they announce some sort of nice offensive utility going to Ret, (which I doubt, probably more nerfs than anything following the track record), I see no reason why we'd be a good choice in arena teams compared to any dps class/spec in Cataclysm. That's one of the major factors to arena on the teams I play...does anyone feel the same? Do you think they'll upgrade us offensively to compensate? Expect more nerfs like this with no compensation? Opinions, I want to hear them
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Re: Since no one's talking about the new dispels for Ret...

Mortal Strike will probably be baseline. Besides, you're a few months off from worrying how this will affect your Arena Rating, let alone the fact that even Blizzard hates arena and trying to balance around it. BG's are where it's at.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mortal Strike being baseline sounds like fun -_-. If I even want to think about doing "serious" battlegrounds (hard to even say that), I'd have to leave my battlegroup. I don't really even enjoy doing them, so if it became the end-all-be-all of PvP, I'd probably just stop playing anyway and go strictly FPS. I like deathmatch style games, and arena is the only thing that's close to that in WoW, objective based games are pretty stale, at least for me. Back on topic, if MS is the best thing they can offer, I'll be pretty disappointed. I'd honestly rather get an interrupt (so original) or see some of our deep tier talents get buffed. If MS is baseline anyway, we'll still be picked after DKs, Mages, Warlocks, etc which makes still brings me back to my original post.

Well if you ask me i think that they will also remove HoF from protection and retribution paladins so, God forbid, we will be any good against range with snares. /sarcasam off for all of you who can't recognize it

If they by some strange chance (if cosmic alignment will be good), they give us some new utility i think an interrupt or gap closer would be nice just for sheer fun of it.

Regarding the new cleansing mechanics - again paladins got absolutely nothing new blizz just buffed classes that didn't have 3 cleanses/dispels

I don't see why you think they'd remove Freedom from Ret and Prot. That has little to do with straight dispelling and is very niche (though infinitely useful). The dispel changes weren't targeting any one class so to take away HoF also would just be silly.

And I'm pretty sure they'll compensate paladins for the loss of dispel. No telling what it will be, but the shitstorm of bitter paladin grief would be unbearable if they didn't give paladins something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Quote Originally Posted by Crothor
    Well if you ask me i think that they will also remove HoF from protection and retribution paladins so, God forbid, we will be any good against range with snares.

If they by some strange chance (if cosmic alignment will be good), they give us some new utility i think an interrupt or gap closer would be nice just for sheer fun of it.

Regarding the new cleansing mechanics - again paladins got absolutely nothing new blizz just buffed classes that didn't have 3 cleanses/dispels
    Lol, we already aren't good in most situations against range classes with snares, really just Hunters and Mages. Getting railed during blanket silence and slowed to near chains speed by frostbolt is fun, no way to get close at all during that, only way i get close is hammer him and start running the way he was facing to get him after the blink. We may have got nothing new, but we lost a lot on the prot and ret side. I guess we can still cleanse poisons and diseases...oh wait, can't dispel dks, and dispelling rogues is kind of pointless to a degree. But I can dispel Devouring Plague, yes! Hope at last!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonsense
    I don't see why you think they'd remove Freedom from Ret and Prot. That has little to do with straight dispelling and is very niche (though infinitely useful). The dispel changes weren't targeting any one class so to take away HoF also would just be silly.

And I'm pretty sure they'll compensate paladins for the loss of dispel. No telling what it will be, but the shitstorm of bitter paladin grief would be unbearable if they didn't give paladins something.
    If they removed the usage of those spells it would be REALLY bad, lol, Freedom out of Stuns is pretty gamebreaking in Arena as well, so yeah, gg if that were to be taken away. It's pretty much 99.9% chance that they won't mess with that at least. I'm sure they will compensate for the loss in dispel magic, it only seems logical, but my trust in what they'll do is low. Dispelling my priest when she's feared so that my rogue doesn't get toasted was pretty much the strength of my comp, no one would sit in magical cc for long, and great for damage control on wiz cleaves. We'll see what happens, only time will tell.

I don't know why you don't stop speculating and just wait...
    Pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikeSC
    As far as pvp goes, unless they announce some sort of nice offensive utility going to Ret, (which I doubt, probably more nerfs than anything following the track record), I see no reason why we'd be a good choice in arena teams compared to any dps class/spec in Cataclysm. That's one of the major factors to arena on the teams I play...does anyone feel the same? Do you think they'll upgrade us offensively to compensate? Expect more nerfs like this with no compensation? Opinions, I want to hear them
    Combining future changes with the current game and speculating how it will all work is pointless. The announcement highlights just how much is changing in the game, I doubt PvP in cataclysm will bear much similarity with PvP (especially arena) as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf
    I don't know why you don't stop speculating and just wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelias
    Combining future changes with the current game and speculating how it will all work is pointless. The announcement highlights just how much is changing in the game, I doubt PvP in cataclysm will bear much similarity with PvP (especially arena) as it is now.
    I'm awake late, and bored, I like to speculate. I'm sure PvP won't be the same, obviously since trees can dispel magic, gg. Want me to talk about something relevant now since wrath is so exciting atm? Sure. Iceblade arrows sell well, glad I picked it up. There's a relevant post to my current Wrath excitement. Pretty interesting huh? Sorry that my speculating offended you two, telling me my post is pointless is, well...pointless.

upcoming mage fight.

Mage slows you
    you hof
    mage spell steals and freezes you
    you stand there, because your healer is CCed
    you die.

thanks blizz. we better get a god damn interupt because of this shit.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    upcoming mage fight.

Mage slows you
    you hof
    you die.

Sounds like my 2v2 back in s5/6 when my shaman would get sapped. haha

upcoming mage fight.

Mage slows you
    you hof
    you die.

Just get a druid as your healer. Bam, he can't be sheeped, and he can dispel you out of them. Lol, druids dispelling magic, makes soooo much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    Just get a druid as your healer. Bam, he can't be sheeped, and he can dispel you out of them. Lol, druids dispelling magic, makes soooo much sense.
    but a druid can be everything elsed.
    Pondering returning.

Druid in cata:
    "Can't sheep me bro, but I'll dispel it off my buddy, haha, GG"
    "Hex one and sheep another one of my dps, ok...*modifier* *modifier* ok, we're all good now. Btw...can't sheep me!!!"

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

"Bla bla bla Hybrid tax, bla bla bla we want to make sure Hybrids know they're Hybrids"

"I know, let's take away their Hybrid abilities..."

C
    x

Welcome to feeling what it's like to be a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore
    Welcome to feeling what it's like to be a warrior.
    war do a metric dickton more damage in pvp.
    Pondering returning.

war do a metric dickton more damage in pvp.
    Honestly, I outdamage warriors in arena, do we beat some of their teams? No. I can outdamage them all day, but when they can turtle well while being arms, and pinball around, while stunning for two of these, it makes a difference. MS is great, but what they can do when a good player is behind them is quite different. MS is the LAST thing I want for ret honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikeSC
    MS is the LAST thing I want for ret honestly.
    ahhh

*insert sound of softdrink being opened*

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    ahhh

*insert sound of softdrink being opened*

Thankyou
    any ret with half a brain doesnt want an ms. but the fact that you are trying to, i dont even know what you are trying to spew with your previous post.
    Pondering returning.