PVP scrub looking for help!

aight i have tryed to read all the guides to find the answer to this but none would just come right out and say it.

what should i gem for holy pvp. on my pve gear i gem straight intellect, is there a different way to gem for pvp? if i had to make a guess it would be
    blue sockets = intel/stamina
    yellow sockets =intel
    red sockets = intel/SP

sorry if this seems like a dumb question or anything but i just never really tryed to gear for pvp. i barely ever touched pvp.

edit: changed thread name

Re: gemming holy PVP

Depends on what trinkets you have really. Hard to say since it differs with comps. You want as much spell power as possible, but a big enough mana bar and mp5.

Personally I gem pure sp in red, sp/int in yellow and sp/mp5 in blue. Trinkets are Medallion of the Horde and Purified Lunar Dust. Rings are PvE haste/mp5 ones, and I use craftable boots.

There is no "the way" for PvP really. Depends so much on playing style, available trinkets, and comp.

Deleted

Almost same as above. Pure sp in red, sp/int or pure int in yellow, int/mp5 in blue.

Trinkets: Battlemaster's Ruination + Talisman of Resurgence. (Human)

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    There is no "the way" for PvP really. Depends so much on playing style, available trinkets, and comp.
    this. the only standard I'd say is gemming SP. it's by far your best stat. you don't need much more int than 21k buffed for most any comp, SP is much more useful.

I make my decisions somewhat according to the following:
    if long fights: SP > MP5 > int > haste
    if short fights: SP > haste > int > MP5
    gear/gem/spec accordingly, I have a different gearset for 5s (short fights) than I use in my 2s/3s (long fights)

Re: PVP scrub looking for help!

thank you guys that helped out alot. i have another question tho if you please.

what kind of pvp specs should i be looking at? im currently trying
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...W0j4RZt,,11723

ok? bad?

edit: btw if its any help my comp is me and a arms war

scrubs got canceled =/
    "Arthas attacked our capitals, let's go kill him!"
    "Wait, a dragon! Let's go kill it."
    "Ok, back to Arth-"
    "Look, an old god! Let's get him!"
    "Alright, now back to Arth-"
    "Oh, Tirion's having a carnival!"
    "Alright, now we'll go kill Arthas."
    "Yay, Arthas is dead!"

On a more serious note than the post-count-padder above me I'd recommend something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...R0U8,6Y8,11723

10% less mana cost on Cleanse from Purifying Power probably won't ever make the difference from winning or losing. A 30% shorter Hex or Wyvern Sting very well might though (Pure of Heart).

Then, even though spell power is nice, I think it's more important to max out your haste from Judgements of the Pure, and since you often will want to be defensive and hug pillars and stuff you'll need Enlightened Judgements to reach. Since PvP gear has so little intellect you won't notice the missing point in Divine Intellect, and the missing points in Holy Guidance won't make a big difference. At least I prefer the increased haste at least, since it does wonders against spell-heavy teams.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...dxrM,JY8,11723

This is the spec I run for my 2's comp (like ppl say, the spec for pllies really depends on your comp. Normally you should take sacred cleansing tho)

for gemming, I go liek this:
    yello: int
    blue: 12sp / stam
    red: 23sp and some 12sp/int

as for the nonsets, just choose crit over haste (cloak, necklace, shield). You're gonna want those crits for instant flash.

And yea, you do want that 40 yd range for your judgement since you can't be around priest/warr etc cuz of aoe fear. Always hug the pillars or run around corners to avoid getting channeled (manaburn, or cc'ed). Get acb cast bar addon or quartz to show the target casting more clearly, as well as focus (I usually put mage/priest/warlocks on my focus to see their targets and castings)

Have divine plea macro with cancel aura ready, that way you can cancel divine plea right away if you need to do burst healing while on divine plea.

If you only run 2's, you can make macros for HoF/HoS/HoP to target your partner as well as your self (for HoF only).

I also make mouseover macros for kings so that I can refresh it if they get dispelled. Don't forget that righteousfury doesnt cost mana anymore too (alwyas refresh this whenever u have chance)

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    10% less mana cost on Cleanse from Purifying Power probably won't ever make the difference from winning or losing. A 30% shorter Hex or Wyvern Sting very well might though (Pure of Heart).
    only reason i grabed purifying power was actually to reduce CD on holy wrath (danm those felhounds) but ye i see your point and after messing wround its actually easier to just get the glyph of turn evil and try to keep it feared

Holy Wrath is too costly in mana to use a lot against felpuppies. Just use Turn Evil (glyphed or not) and they won't have many seconds in contact with you during a fight. You won't need to use Holy Wrath so much you need it talented.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudiroth
    only reason i grabed purifying power was actually to reduce CD on holy wrath (danm those felhounds) but ye i see your point and after messing wround its actually easier to just get the glyph of turn evil and try to keep it feared
    like inkompetent said, u dont need to use holy wrath too much. I use it against DK's when they pop gargs (holy wrath on both gargs + ghoul and then fear the garg during the stun duration)