Thread: Rogue or Druid?

Rogue or Druid?

Hello there! I don't know if this is under the right category (sorry if it isn't). Anyhow I was planning to start playing wow again and I can't really decide wether to play a druid or a rogue. I really like the "lurking in shadow" thing. How did you guys think when you decided to play rogue and not a druid? I don't really like to be in animal forms all the time, but the good thing with the druids are that you can choose to play as many things. What is the real advantages to play as a rogue compared to a druid in catform? I consider to play as a rogue but I can't really see the advantages.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted

Re: Rogue or Druid?

Roll resto druid and start dispell things.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk
    Roll resto druid and start dispell things.
    LOL

...and don't roll a shaman if u want to dispell things.

Advantages Rogue: Higher potential DPS (roughly 500-800 more dps if your gear and skill level are the same for both), much easier rotation, great for interrupts

Advantages Druid: Can duel spec into anything you want (healer, tank, melee dps, or ranged dps), much higher raid utility (better buffs, innervate, battle rez, duel spec versatility), feral cat's rotation is much more difficult but is also a lot of fun and less likely you will get bored, very high survivability as kitty

Basically, if you pick a rogue you want to be #1 in DPS, not have a terribly onerous rotation, and be good at interrupts. If you pick the druid (assuming the choice is to go kitty), you are picking better raid utility, slightly lower dps, more difficult but more fun rotation, and the optionality to duel spec into other things. Rogues are better for pvp if the comparison is rogue vs. kitty but from my understanding resto is OP in pvp.

I am biased because my main is a feral druid but I would go druid. They are a lot of fun to level (after level 20), raid leaders want you if for no other reason than another battle rez, and you can beat rogues in dps if you really know what you are doing. That is the key though, if you don't like theorycrafting and don't want to take the time to learn a more difficult rotation go rogue and faceroll your way to top 5 in damage.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Every one wants a balance druid in his raids, roll druid imo :
    Rogues are nice just a bit high populated, just like paladins and death knights.
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Rogues are one of the lowest populated classes. Right down there with druids.

Go rogue. To me, playing a feral druid feels like a dumbed down rogue.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstelkid
    Every one wants a balance druid in his raids, roll druid imo :
    What kind of messed up realm do you play in?

Also, if you choose between rogue and druid for the stealth action...go rogue. You'll love PvP.
    DEAL WITH IT.

Also, rogue is, in my opinion, one of the easyest class to wear up! Usually you'll find one or two melee dps leather wearer in a 25 men raid (feral druids are not so common in my server) and daggers will be all yours.
    In my opinion kittyes are just "rogues wannabe", then, if you really like stealth thing, go for a rogue.
    Against the idea to roll a rogue I'll say that as a druid you will easily level trough the Dungeon finder (as healer or as tank), thing that would be really hard as a pure Dps. If you like to play a viable class in every situation, roll a druid, but I don't think you'll be a Kitty forever. Again, in my personal experience, resto druid is the funniest healing class to play.
    Just my 2 cents.

Rogue is definitely one of the most fun classes to play in pvp. Druids do have great burst, but they lack great spells like vanish, evasion, and blind. Besides, you can choose to be subtlety (the most fun spec in the game in my opinion for pvp), or mutilate if you are a rogue.

If you plan to PVE, rolling a druid may be more beneficial in the long run because of the versatility of filling 4 raid slots (healer, tank, melee, ranged dps). Rogues are definitely not bad in PVE, but fill only DPS. If your guild/server is chock full of rogues and other melee dps classes, it will be hard to get a raid spot (in comparison to a druid).

If you plan to PVP, that's a toss-up. Getting good at either class will piss off the majority of the player-base (or at least aggravate them a little). Rogues can lock down a lot of other classes very well, resto druids don't ever seem to die.

I would say roll both, play to level 30-40ish and see which you like better.

well for myself when decideing what class i am going to play i get it down to 2 classes and flip a coin heads play the druid tails play the rogue

here is what you do go to the world of warcraft website and click on PTR character copy, log in and click copy premade character, download the public test realm and then log on to the public test realm and which ever is more fun, choose that class, that is how i decided between rogue, warlock, mage and druid.