Thread: my dps

my dps

hey.i do with my mage 1.6k dps.this is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Trapatonex
    my rotation: ab x4, if i have buff missle barrage i use missles and if i dont i use arc barrage
    some mages with lower gear has 3k dps...idk what i'm doing wrong
    Pls can some1 tell me
    thank you

15+ Year Old Account

Re: my dps

i'm....actually offended by this. both specs are fine (albeit a patch out of date), but then they either don't have glyphs or have the wrong ones. then we get to the gear and find that though you do use 2 epic gems, one of them is wrong and the rest of the gear is unchanted and ungemmed. then you look at a tanking trinket coupled with mining at lvl 1 with no second profession.

to me, this reads e-bay, but it also makes me cry on the inside knowing that something like this could actually exist.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i'm....actually offended by this. both specs are fine (albeit a patch out of date), but then they either don't have glyphs or have the wrong ones. then we get to the gear and find that though you do use 2 epic gems, one of them is wrong and the rest of the gear is unchanted and ungemmed. then you look at a tanking trinket coupled with mining at lvl 1 with no second profession.

to me, this reads e-bay, but it also makes me cry on the inside knowing that something like this could actually exist.
    Does it make you feel big making fun of someone who is obviously new to the game?

Thanks to addgreenmana for the signature.

well a few things to take a look at then,first do you have molten armor on?,second are u lagging ? if lag is causing ur AB to not cast instantly that will hinder your dps a lot,also at your gear lvl there is no shame in using arcane barrage at abx4 to make sure u dont go oom in about 30 seconds

oh and also if i were you ,try out frost spec for now until you get some better gear its also more mana efficient frost is currently a competitive/viable pve spec just spam frostbolt, hit deepfreeze whne u get the proc and hit ur FFB when u get a free one

10+ Year Old Account

Just go read the mage sticky.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The simple fix is get about 250 more hit. 17% is the cap.... a raid will provide you 3% so aim for 14 percent which is like 370 hit.

I think arcane has hit talents, so lower your number accordingly.

This *maaaaaay* have been said before but NEVER clear stacks with Arcane Barrage on a normal rotation. Arcane Missiles saves more mana anyway.

First of all you need to get some professions. Tailoring and Enchanting are pretty easy to level up and will serve a caster well. Please look into getting 2 crafting professions.

Next, your gear...

If you don't have a lot of money you can get rare gems from the auction house for fairly cheap. You need to get gems in all those gem slots that are empty. If you are just starting out you can just match the slots with appropriate colored gems as follows:

Red Slot - Spell Power gem (red gem)
    Blue Slot - Spell Power + Spirit gem (purple gem)
    Yellow Slot - Spell Power + Haste gem (orange gem)

This is not always the case, but it's an easy guideline to follow

Next come your enchants...

You don't have any, you need to enchant your gear. Look up the enchants on Wowwiki and start working on enchanting your gear. It can be a bit expensive for certain enchants, but you don't need the highest level ones if you are just starting out. Just try to get enchants with spell power.

Also you need to get a wand (even if you have to buy a green one off the auction house). And please find a new trinket soon. The stamina trinket is absolutely useless for a mage.

This is just a start, but you've got a lot of work to do.

Please tell me this is just a late April Fool's joke...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ffamran
    Does it make you feel big making fun of someone who is obviously new to the game?
    there's new to the game...then there's the mage in that armory. you can be new to the game but still have leveld professions, your specs glyphed, and at least a fundamental knowledge of your class (i.e. not using essence of gossamer).

if it was a player who just hit 80 but had the proper spec and glyphs and showed at least a tiny level of follow through on the toon, then believe me i would react in kind. but i am honestly offended by that armory link.

also, don't mind the fact that i pointed out every problem. i'm guessing it makes you feel good to raise your post count by one?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Aestis
    This *maaaaaay* have been said before but NEVER clear stacks with Arcane Barrage on a normal rotation. Arcane Missiles saves more mana anyway.
    at low mana lvls because of gear if u jsut spam ABx4 and get unlucky you can go oom long b4 you proc AM at which point there is no reason not to reset stacks by arcame barrage

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ulubproness
    at low mana lvls because of gear if u jsut spam ABx4 and get unlucky you can go oom long b4 you proc AM at which point there is no reason not to reset stacks by arcame barrage
    except that using an unhasted arcane missiles is higher DPS and regens more mana than using arcane barrage. other than THAT, there is no reason at all.
    BfA Beta Time

honestly, i dunno how you only have 1900 SP and 320 haste.. thats REALLY LOW!

which is what youre doing wrong
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.