Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Upcoming Enhancement buff

thats NICE! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Falling
    When you look at most players today you will end up seeing some bad and some good, so guilds wont normally be maxing it with specs / classes, but rather on the skill of the player. This is why I'm referring to Paragon since I guess they are all maxing it to the extent were you can't max it more on the skill basis, so they advance to maxing the specs / classes on fights that require them to do so.

Since Lich King 25 Heroic is the only fight in the game at the moment that require this kind of maxing, it is only natural that we use this fight to point out the flaws of our class / spec.
    That is precisely the point!

1. With the buff changes in Wrath, it is no longer absolutely necessary to bring class X for buff Y as class Z can also provide buff Y.

2. It is impossible for Blizzard to balance out class DPS exactly without giving everyone the same abilities

3. The new philosophy is to have pures do more dps than hybrids but within a small enough gap that for all but the most hardcore players, "bring the player not the class" applies.

This thread actually reflects that pretty well. Some enh top charts, others lag behind. This is going to be the case except in the top 5% of the guilds, or less. So unless you're in that top 5%, your dps is much more a function of your skill than of your class' abilities, and this buff most likely will not affect you (you're either very good and already topping charts or you have a lot to learn and are sitting around tank level) except in that tiny number of cases where (as was calculated in a previous post) you're 200 or so dps behind a whole bunch of dps and are somehow being sat because you are consistently just that little bit behind.

If you *are* in the top 5%, then straight up damage buffs or nerfs will affect your raid slot, but they're still somewhat random as, as it has been pointed out numerous times, single target stationary dps is where we do pretty well. Movement related abilities might provide a more useful buff, but only in the case where Blizzard has hard evidence that our dps drops off due to movement significantly more than that of other melee given equal skill.

To sum up, I'm not sure exactly why we need a buff, how big the impact of this buff will be, and whether it will be mostly erased by cata and upcoming changes.

Finally, a) as someone pointed out, that EJ chart is based on highly biased data, and should be considered with much suspicion (and note that even the lowest non-zero row on the chart has PLENTY of dps for every fight in icc 10 man normal). b) I'd like to echo another previous post and say that our survivability is mostly dependent on our skill and healer skill. This isn't Kara, where you needed 7k HP or you died on some boss fights, no question about it. Or rather, those limits are there, but they're way lower than our 23k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by ludde29
    Sure, Retpallys does a hell of a lot dmg and burst, but they are pretty much worthless in pvp (solo).
    wat

Ret pallies are one of the only classes that seriously give me a headache. Get stunned, pop SR to take 30% less damage. Break out of stun around 50%. Try to smack the pally around to build up MW stacks so I can quickly heal. Fighting continues. I blow wolves and racial for a quick damage burst. Just as it's over, boom. Pally bubbles and LoH
    (or heal spam). I'm now down in the red against a fully healed pally who can't take damage but can still smack me upside the head. Try to run, pally keeps up. Either go ghost wolf or if feral spirit is still up, use spirit walk. That gets me far enough to hopefully heal up and replant totems. All CC is ineffective--Frost Shock (talented), Earthbind, hex. It's all useless. All I can do is try to heal. That requires standing in place where the pally can still beat me up and knock my casting back. If I managed to heal up it's usually still over because the pally will just stun again and this time I'm full out of defensive and offensive CDs.

I think paladin is the only class that can be completely invincible to all damage or status effects while still being able to hurt others. That's insane on its own. Coupled with the fact that they can self heal... it's not horribly OP because they are still beatable, but that kind of defense/offense synergy is completely unique.

I don't know what its like against other classes, but Pallies and Rogues who get the jump on you are the only classes that make me want to punch through my monitor. Other classes can still run me into the ground, but these two are the only ones that I will feel helpless against.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    This. My computer/internet is a piece of shit, I honestly had to swap over to ele because lat/lag made it next to impossible for me to perform where I can. Especially considering I was doing 5k on Patch25..before Ulduar came out. After that, I had to go down to a laptop and my now my best all-time is only like 6k... /tear
    i feel your pain too, my connection is 3megs , i have an awesome computer!! but my connection is too slow to sustain a good fps in 25 mans to the extent i'm doing prob as much as 1.5 k less dps on fights in general.
    I'm defiantely moving outta the terrible place in mid summer so goodbye crappy connection too bad i will have done alot of raiding by then.

I still pull my weight though, i never die in fires or fail to do things which i should, i just do less dps in 25 mans (i'm okay in 10 mans)

I switched to ele sham because my guild suddenly found itself with a couple of enh/resto shams and a couple of resto/enh shams. That was the worst mistake I ever made. Ele is way far behind unless you have the perfect complement of buffs in the raid. The poor dps of the spec has cost me a raid spot several times and my guild is far from hardcore. I know what I'm doing and I'm managing my cooldowns properly, but I have found myself having to heal if I want a raid spot.

I know this announcement is about un-nerfing an enh talent that was nerfed a year ago, but I would hope that they would be looking more at ele shams than enh shams at this point. Enh shams are doing fine as far as dps goes, while ele shams lag far behind unless they have the perfect complementary buffs and are using fire totems.

If they felt the need to buff enh that badly, they could have at least buffed something that both classes use.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzbutt
    I switched to ele sham because my guild suddenly found itself with a couple of enh/resto shams and a couple of resto/enh shams. That was the worst mistake I ever made. Ele is way far behind unless you have the perfect complement of buffs in the raid. The poor dps of the spec has cost me a raid spot several times and my guild is far from hardcore. I know what I'm doing and I'm managing my cooldowns properly, but I have found myself having to heal if I want a raid spot.

I know this announcement is about un-nerfing an enh talent that was nerfed a year ago, but I would hope that they would be looking more at ele shams than enh shams at this point. Enh shams are doing fine as far as dps goes, while ele shams lag far behind unless they have the perfect complementary buffs and are using fire totems.

If they felt the need to buff enh that badly, they could have at least buffed something that both classes use.
    or stop your whine and wait for all the buffs to be unveiled? Can you really not wait so you have to enter every other shaman buff post that is not for your spec and tell them that your spec needs the buff more? Do you really want flurry in the elemental tree? Wouldn't be a problem for us enh shamans, I just don't see what use you elemental shaman have of it. It's even said earlier here, elemental and enhancement are both below the other classes, both needs buffs. The elemental spec have had the attention now for SEVERAL months. please, this is the first enhancement post I have seen for, I can't even remember when I last saw one.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ffamran
    What exactly is the old windfury animation?
    Looked sort of the same as it does now being a Wind Tornado, but it sort of left like a windy trail behind you if you moved, and felt like it was actually swirling around you instead of this funnel like Tornado we have today.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by walexia
    i feel your pain too, my connection is 3megs , i have an awesome computer!! but my connection is too slow to sustain a good fps in 25 mans to the extent i'm doing prob as much as 1.5 k less dps on fights in general.
    I'm defiantely moving outta the terrible place in mid summer so goodbye crappy connection too bad i will have done alot of raiding by then.

I still pull my weight though, i never die in fires or fail to do things which i should, i just do less dps in 25 mans (i'm okay in 10 mans)
    Please tell me it's not that bad. I get 10fps doing nothing. 5 or so in raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Does anyone know if this buff is live yet? The tooltips all still say 25% I know, but I don't rememebr what my atk speed was before =(.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asteryx
    Does anyone know if this buff is live yet? The tooltips all still say 25% I know, but I don't rememebr what my atk speed was before =(.
    Its pretty easy to figure out. Write down your attack speed. Go hit a dummy until Flurry procs, stop attacking and write down that speed.

1-(New Speed/Old Speed)=Your haste %

Short version: It wasn't last night.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Its pretty easy to figure out. Write down your attack speed. Go hit a dummy until Flurry procs, stop attacking and write down that speed.

1-(New Speed/Old Speed)=Your haste %

Short version: It wasn't last night.
    I'm at work. Can't do that!

But okay. That what i really wanted to know. My DPS went up compared to previous weeks, was wondering if it was due to me updating my video drivers (faster responses) or flurry buffs.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit