Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: upcoming shaman buff, how do you feel?

Me and my fellow enhance shammy in guild we are both usally in the top 5 dps in raid so this is a welcome boost, our rogues better watch out.

Hi guys, now I'm not clued up on the mech and lore etc, infact it gives me a headache and makes me dizzy :-\ so i keep well clear. I just enjoy playing the game but a thought just passed through my head as I read this interesting thread. Should I tell it to keep moving or ask it to stay a bit. ;D

??? I'd love for our totems to allow the use of given spells or buffs (could be new front cone spells like wall of fire/water/sparks etc.) so you would have to have a totem planted to be able to use those spells. different totems for a given element could give access to different spells or buffs as well as single/multi/AoE damage. You would have multi play styles and choices.

10+ Year Old Account

Im very excited how they will change toughness, I would appreciate stgh like downrank the talent from 5 to 3 points.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline
    Im very excited how they will change toughness, I would appreciate stgh like downrank the talent from 5 to 3 points.
    I like them to remove it, since we're not going towards tanking anyway, this talent feels alot like a tanking talent

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

as raiding and pvp'ing at high niveau, i do not mind a high playing difficulty in general. what i do mind is:

we have many gimicky talents, which oculd be replaced by much more interesting talents. examples for said talents is:

spirit weapons: you are now able to parry and do less aggro. uuuuuuuuh
    dual-wield: you are now able to dual wield. uuuuuuuh
    static shock: your lightning shield is upgraded from a totally useless basleine ability to a sligtly useful one (pve only)
    shamanistic focus: your shocks now cost less mana. uuuuh
    improved stormstrike: you now finally regenerate mana, but it´s a pvp spell, which is hardly applyable do to it being melee and you being kited/evaded/cc´ed all the time ( ret can use it on range, and gets replenishment with it )

the shaman in general has also by far to many mana regenerating/saving talents.
    shamanistic/elemental focus, water shield, mana spring/tide totem, shamanistic rage... it´s not funny anymore

many of the shamans damage sources are... well...weird.
    flame shock. not really an enhance ability. it was dead for us for quite a while and the only reason we use it again are buffs, which were intended for elemental, not for us. ( in pvp, we rarely use earth shock/flame shock, as frost shock is so much better in pvp viability )

lava lash. the only "attack with your shield hand weapon" attack ingame which is actually used. the shield hand thingy indicates pretty unimpressive dmg and it´s even lower with you not using flame tongue weapon ( which you dont, unless frostbrand gets overwritten which destroys our frozen power 10% spell dmg buff yay )

stormstrike. an extra strike with both weapons which however doesn´t do any additional damage ???

lightning shield. ( in pvp completely useless because no static shock ) unspecced we have only 3 charges, but even with static shock, we have to rebuff our "10 minute shield spell" every 20 seconds or so.

magma-totem and fire nova. fire nova needs a fire totem active (yay) to be used, costs a big chunk of mana ( like magma totem, yay again ) doesn´t stun anymore ( ) and is, like magma totem, part of our SINGLE-TARGET priority list. great for those VERY rare fights were we can single target dps bosses while also aoe-ing adds and also the source of our mobility-cripple state.

as you can see, we cant use a big chunk of our abilities we use in pve in pvp. additional to that, because of our proccy nature, haste, our best stat, along with ap, is pretty much useless in pvp, and not present on any of the pvp gear because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    as raiding and pvp'ing at high niveau, i do not mind a high playing difficulty in general. what i do mind is:

we have many gimicky talents, which oculd be replaced by much more interesting talents. examples for said talents is:

spirit weapons: you are now able to parry and do less aggro. uuuuuuuuh
    dual-wield: you are now able to dual wield. uuuuuuuh
    static shock: your lightning shield is upgraded from a totally useless basleine ability to a sligtly useful one (pve only)
    shamanistic focus: your shocks now cost less mana. uuuuh
    improved stormstrike: you now finally regenerate mana, but it´s a pvp spell, which is hardly applyable do to it being melee and you being kited/evaded/cc´ed all the time ( ret can use it on range, and gets replenishment with it )

the shaman in general has also by far to many mana regenerating/saving talents.
    shamanistic/elemental focus, water shield, mana spring/tide totem, shamanistic rage... it´s not funny anymore

many of the shamans damage sources are... well...weird.
    flame shock. not really an enhance ability. it was dead for us for quite a while and the only reason we use it again are buffs, which were intended for elemental, not for us. ( in pvp, we rarely use earth shock/flame shock, as frost shock is so much better in pvp viability )

lava lash. the only "attack with your shield hand weapon" attack ingame which is actually used. the shield hand thingy indicates pretty unimpressive dmg and it´s even lower with you not using flame tongue weapon ( which you dont, unless frostbrand gets overwritten which destroys our frozen power 10% spell dmg buff yay )

stormstrike. an extra strike with both weapons which however doesn´t do any additional damage ???

lightning shield. ( in pvp completely useless because no static shock ) unspecced we have only 3 charges, but even with static shock, we have to rebuff our "10 minute shield spell" every 20 seconds or so.

magma-totem and fire nova. fire nova needs a fire totem active (yay) to be used, costs a big chunk of mana ( like magma totem, yay again ) doesn´t stun anymore ( ) and is, like magma totem, part of our SINGLE-TARGET priority list. great for those VERY rare fights were we can single target dps bosses while also aoe-ing adds and also the source of our mobility-cripple state.

as you can see, we cant use a big chunk of our abilities we use in pve in pvp. additional to that, because of our proccy nature, haste, our best stat, along with ap, is pretty much useless in pvp, and not present on any of the pvp gear because of that.
    Hopefully a lot of this will be dealt with when they clean up the tree for cataclysm. I think one issue is that we have too much RNG in our dps as well as too many short cool downs to deal with, which is part of why enh shaman are one of the harder classes to master when maximizing dps. A simple talent change to make magma totem a longer duration or make searing totem much better for us would help quite a bit, as well as making lightning shield a permanent buff without the charges via talents, but overall the tree needs a lot of changes to clean it up and make it more beneficial for us.

Deleted

When is the dps buff meant to go live?

When I first saw the WOTLK enhancement tree and lava lash I thought about some stuff concerning LL.

LL is nice, not amazing, but like steady shot, it's a filler.

I want to see something like this for Cata.

Lava Lash
    -You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage, and if your flame shock is on the target dealing 100% offhand weapon damage as fire damage to up to 4 nearby enemies. Damage is increased by 25% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue.à

Target is on fire, you hit with a lava imbued weapon, the lava and fire splashes around. Seee?

Hah, I really hope they do put more interesting and useful stuff in for cata.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    When is the dps buff meant to go live?
    It said it'd be updated in a hot fix, so it may be any day now but may rely on your server restarting. So my guess would be at the very latest it'd be fully live by next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    GC has just posted that they will buff the Flurry talent for Enh Shamans by 1% per rank, up to a max of 30% for 5 ranks.

do you feel this will help shamans get the slight boost they need to be picked over Frost DK's.

in related news, GC has also acknowledges the low survivability in the same post, while stating that shamans don't feel like they can pick up the STAM talents in their tree, because it costs too much DPS.

source:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/u...ancement-buff/
    Buffs are always nice, but I feel like its a bandage for the real problem. Shamans still have the problem of heavily passive dps and we need more on demand dps...