Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Whoa. Didn't expect this.

I believe this will be a welcomed change, especially since in all honesty they're gonna nerf a lot of the blood talents that bring in a ton of health.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but think about it...Bloodworms is probably gonna become your "last minute" talent with a hefty cooldown. Most of the other talents will be nerfed to bring them in to more unison with warrior/druid/paladin abilities, you'll probably lose a lot of that self healing, considering it's going to be a main tanking tree, thus...overpowered self healing would be seen as ridiculous.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but to those of you rejoicing thinking that you're going to be soloing heroics and be at the state you were at the beginning at WotLK...you thought wrong. There will be endless QQ over the next few months, as these changes come to light. I'm going to be glad when people quote this post and say, oh hey look he was right. GL DK's...GL.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

This is an awesome change, although i did like frost tanking a bit better then Blood but i enjoy both tanking specs.
    Can't wait for this change to be implemented

15+ Year Old Account

This sounds like something a high-end raid DK tank would like, but people with DK alts who don't try to min-max and just play what's fun for them will NOT like. I belong in the latter category, and am very sad to see frost tanking die.

The few of us who enjoyed blood? Blood being the top dps spec?

Hell, I know most people loved blood and hated using the other 2 specs when blood was subpar. Now that blood is viable again, they turn it into prot.

Lol. DKs get screwed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

Less flexibility is always bad, but I guess people will now stop call you a noob because you don't play the recent fotm DK tanking spec. I guess this will also affect the players who likes to level, pvp and pve as blood dps. But I acknowledge that it was stupid that DK's had 3 viable tanking specs where other tanking classes were left behind with just a single.

Edit: And oh, I really hope Blizzard will give blood some new aoe threat abiilities (I loved howling blast).

As a DK who's been tanking as Blood since 3.0 and DPSed as Frost since 3.2 I am loving this change. I really had my doubts about how they would solve the mastery issue but this is if you ask me the perfect solution.

\o/

Deleted

I'm building an army of cleaning personell for cleaning the incoming DK tears. If you want to join we provide the tools:

I like the change, as a Blood-DK through-and-through.

A bit surprising, considering how the presences are aligned (which in themselves makes sense. Frost seems bulkier, of course), but talent-tree-wise, I'd say it was the best choice. Blood has had a bit of identity-problems from the start, feeling like a stronger (at times), but watered down Ret-Paladin, wanting warrior-gear and cap spellhit.

Will be interesting to see how they'll do with the presences, but... They've sure been busy during easter! Thumbs up.

Is abomination's might staying in the blood tree??

It seems like a reasonable change since blood seemed to be the best tree to go with anyways for the CD's
    80 Rogue / 80 Druid

Kinda glad this is happening tbh, it's nice to have a set tree for tanking on my dk now, instead of debating which to go and how to make the most of spreading my talent points throughout to get the right mix. Definitely looking forward to the new threat mechanic for blood tanks, and seeing what talents we get for them.

I'll probably get slated for this next comment, but /care tbh. Maybe we'll even see a talent to *dare I say it* equip shields xD
    Yes, I know it's all part of the dk tanking mechanic to use a 2h weapon....but in my experience, it sucks seeing a plate tanking item drop only to read the stats and see the words: "Block Value" all over it.

I have been asking and praying for this since day 1 of wotlk. For clarity's sake, for balancing's sake, and to avoid scrubs. I mean, of course DKs count a larger number of scrubs than other classes. That's how it is. Having to pick between 3 tank/pve/pvp specs didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

This is awesome! Really, the only one thing that could make me happier is removal of dual wielding from DK. I hope that the rest of changes to DK will be at least equally good. (please, please, please, remove DW from frost tree!)

I cannot express how much this is gonna fucking suck :'(

Why aren't they tanking as frost, as originally intended anyways?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

If Blood is going to be the tank spec, then Frost and/or Unholy will be the dps spec, obviously. But what sounds really odd to me is this:
    A full tank/blood spec tank while being in frost presence
    Does that mean Frost spec will be in Unholy presence, and Unholy spec will be in Blood Presence?
    /popcorn

10+ Year Old Account

Exelent change! And yes, my main is in fact a DK.
    I hope they will not give every tree now the option to dual wield or use 2handers. There are way to much DWing blood and unholy "tanks" out there >_>

I think a lot of people forget that pretty much dks in all specs will still be able to tank lower level content in "tank" presence. frost and unholy tanking will not die, it just won't be good enough for newest tier raiding. and the subpar tanking specs never were anyway.

Glad to see this change.

Hopefully this will make balancing dk tanks without making DKs retardedly overpowered in pvp much easier. (not saying they are overpowered now, just that they were overpowered when they didn't such at tanking.)