Ret pally. Kings vs Might - Arena

still relatively new to arena. Was wondering which i should be using on myself in 2s. Kings or might and the reasons why i should be using 1 over the other

im sitting at 1.1k resil, 30k hp unbuffed, 1689 str unbuffed
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hul&cn=Scryers

i either play with a disc, feral, or tree

Re: Ret pally. Kings vs Might - Arena

definatly might, 1.1k resi is fooking loads.

10+ Year Old Account

assuming your speced for might it will definitely be better for arena then kings would be, this is especially true since you have so much resilience & don't need the extra health/survivability that kings would give.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Kings.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

I run kings with double dps 2s, and might with a healer >.>

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Might if your running with a healer because the damage is more dependent on you even if priest is SWD the target ect..

Deleted

might and 1.1k res is way too much, ret palas never get hit in arena and if they do.. just use divine protection

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

One, Way to much damn Resil. 1.1k for a Melee DPS is too much.

Next, What do you Gem for? Resil?

Next, Go Kings for Double DPS, Might with Healer (but 75% of the time, it will be dispelled)

and finally, Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0
    might and 1.1k res is way too much, ret palas never get hit in arena and if they do.. just use divine protection
    That honestly depends what rating you play at. Im always #1 target in my games, unless we meet warrior/DK/holy paladin, then they seem to have a scary obsession with my disc priest partner. Im playing arround 2400rating in 3s atm and im sorry to say that paladins are pretty damn easy targets, twice today i was forced to bubble in 10 seconds, and that bubble was dispelled in 11 seconds. 1.1k resil is high but not really excessive, personally i play with just under 1k (994 i think) which seems to do ok against all but the most hardcore skilled of the lolburst caster cleaves.

More on-topic, might, always might, though with all the dispell spam you'll suffer its a nul point unless you're hot on rebuffs.
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshorty
    One, Way to much damn Resil. 1.1k for a Melee DPS is too much.
    I run around with about 1.1k resil on my warrior and not having any problems.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...of&cn=Orctopus

As for a paladin though I'm guessing they could use a little less since they aren't often focused and have the ability to bubble. I know in my 3s team I won't go for a prot/ret paladin, but it isn't unheard of that we make a swap to a ret paladin especially after a bubble or wings. I'd imagine there are comps that don't mind attacking ret at all.

Edit: I had similar issues between commanding shout and battle shout, and I find I prefer the extra HP even when playing with a healer. The less I have to worry about my health the more offensive I find I play. My personal choice would be kings.