Poll: Which tree should be the tank tree?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Which tree should be the tank tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Frost presence = Tank presence
    Blood presence = Dps presence

Frost spec = Dps
    Blood spec = Tank
    /thread
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi
    Jup, all those comments about bone shield and what it should do or not are great... if bone shield wasn't such a retardedly shitty ability. I believe the blues mentioned something like DKs getting spells similar to warrior-shouts, so I hope they get rid of that pathetic excuse they call a buff and give use something with just a timer, instead of charges. (That, or remove the cd AND the rune cost of bone shield... really, why would anyone want the retarded cousin of lightning shield?)
    because BS is actually one of the best self buffing skills in the game, its percentage based so it scales, and it prevents 20% of damage taken, and only loses charges when hit by physical damage(cept the LK fight, though I think that may be a bug) and if you are getting hit with physical damage enough to knock off BS faster then you can put it up with a blood tap/ BS macro, then your doin it wrong, unless you want it for pvp, but Im pretty sure that BS is beloved in pvp, especially in the caster heavy pvp we are looking at right now.

as far as wanting a "battle-shout" type buff, its called horn of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    because BS is actually one of the best self buffing skills in the game, its percentage based so it scales, and it prevents 20% of damage taken, and only loses charges when hit by physical damage(cept the LK fight, though I think that may be a bug) and if you are getting hit with physical damage enough to knock off BS faster then you can put it up with a blood tap/ BS macro, then your doin it wrong, unless you want it for pvp, but Im pretty sure that BS is beloved in pvp, especially in the caster heavy pvp we are looking at right now.

by physical dmg i think you mean a direct hit. dmging auras and a handful of aoe's don't remove charges but quite a bit of things remove the charges.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog

You don't have to have aggro on something to be losing BS charges, if that's what you meant. Also, if you want an apple, but it's all moldy, you can't make up for it by giving a banana.. I want a good apple! (in other words: our shout-like ability does something completely different than BS, so you can't compare that. That's like saying "yes, but you have consecration!" when a pally complains that other tanks have more hp... that's not what he asked for )

Edit: Yes I realise that BS is a major buff, it increases our damage done by 2%!! But that in itself is also its flaw... as soon as it falls off, our entire dps/damage done drops by a staggering 2% aswell!

I think they chose correctly when making Blood the tanking tree. While Frost intuitively sounds better as a tank spec (frozen armor etc.), Blood is the only spec where the "feel" of the tree doesn't rime with DPS. Blood is the "vampire" tree, leaching life from its victims and healing itself in the process. While this works as a subtheme in some specs (Affliction has a small drain subtheme, but the "feel" is still diseases etc.), it is not that good as a main theme for a dps spec. Why would a (PvE) DPS want to heal himself? There is a reason Blood DPS doesn't take Rune Tap.

But as a tank? Marvelous! Expecially when tanks won't be instagibbed, having a steady stream of small incomming heals supplied by yourself would work in much the same way as block: heals instead of mitigation. I think the bloodsucking nature of the tree is better used when it's tanking.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

been a long time since DPSed on my DK but i never remember having an issue with BS falling off unless I did something wrong, such as getting cleaved or pulling aggro( aside from with it had a 1 min duration, that was just lame), and by physical damage, yes i mean a direct physical hit, but i wasnt sure about physical AoEs like bone storm or bladestorm in pvp. But saying " i dont like bone shield, i want battle-shout instead" that makes no sense, I understand you want a more stable more reliable self buff, but they are not going to take away a very strong pvp defensive CD and give us a group buff, if they do anything battle shout related it will be options to use instead of horn of winter

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean replace BS with a group buff... no that would just be silly... but still, something without the rune cost at least.. and if it has charges, remove the cd. That was the idea :P

I'm sure they picked Blood for good reasons but coorelation wise..

Blood - Sounds like your ripping into your enemy, stealing hp at the same time
    Frost - Your as hard as ice, giving you amazing abilities to just take hits like no one else
    Unholy - Same as Blood but switch the lore :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&cn=Avandin

Quote Originally Posted by Okazzu
    Blood and Unholy sound like damage dealers and when i think of frost i think of a tank... i dont know why i just do
    me too

10+ Year Old Account

unholy just because i hate that tree....

i like my pass single target dps as blood and i love turning people into blocks of ice as frost

Even if I believe that frost seems more "tanking-ish", I do not think having 2 spe where you use a 2H weapon is a good idea.

By making blood the tanking tree, you now have a choose in between DW and 2H weapon.

So gamewise, I would say blood

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean replace BS with a group buff... no that would just be silly... but still, something without the rune cost at least.. and if it has charges, remove the cd. That was the idea :P
    now that has a good chance of happening, but I dont think that they will replace BS because the pvpers would QQ all over the place, but now that we will only have one tanking tree, leaves them room to tweek, the iconic tree CDs without throwing tank balance out of whack, I still think that BS is pretty good as is, but like I said it has been a rather long time since Ive even dusted off the ol' dps gear.

P.S. vote for frost

Quote Originally Posted by implicationmmo
    Even if I believe that frost seems more "tanking-ish", I do not think having 2 spe where you use a 2H weapon is a good idea.

By making blood the tanking tree, you now have a choose in between DW and 2H weapon.

So gamewise, I would say blood
    move ToT over to UH and you have a competitive DW spec, all that would do is kill blood subbing for UH

Personally, I'd love to see blood changed to the DPS dual-wield tree ... this crazy food processor splattering blood everywhere ... ice changed to the tanking 2-hander tree... leave unholy as the DPS-2H tree.

Blood spec for single target tank, frost spec for AOE .

Quote Originally Posted by Hegar
    I really hope they keep presences as is.

Just imagine it:
    * Blood spec DKs never use Blood Presence
    * Frost spec DKs never use Frost Presence
    * Unholy presence is only used by.... umm... <tumbleweed rolls past>
    Oh fine. Like Ret paladins should not use Ret-aura. Its a thing you will never get out of them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

frost-frozen-ice-iceblock, so frost is the tanking, also the specc that got most tanking abilities

They will redo all the talents in every class, there is no point discussing wich one do you tink it will be better based on what you have now.....

even tho i tink it should be frost, just because frost gives the feeling of a hard defensive thing, blood gives me a DPS feeling and unholy a pvp feeling dunno why.....
    im talking about the words not about the skills in the trees =P

Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Voted frost as it sounds like the "hardest" form
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Now that it's been announced that we breath air , what do you think SHOULD we breath?