Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BG? Healers? Fun?

I plan on doing a lot of BGs with my buddies come Cata (ADD moment does anyone else find "Cata" 1000x easier to type than "WotLK") and my Hunter will be my main and whatnot, but the question is what healer class would be optimal for me to use in BGs.

The Criterion are:
    Fun > Functionality (its BGs skill and gear go a long ways so "best" is kinda negligible)
    Good with a group of 2-3 people
    Good survivability solo (ie when im alone or get ambushed in the literal sense not the ability)

Any feed back would be great thanks in advance!

Re: BG? Healers? Fun?

Things as we know it might be totally different come Cat (Cat is way easier to type than Cata), but atm I'm having a blast as both disc priest and resto druid. If I had to suggest the most optimal one for BGs it would have to be druid.
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Can't reallys say how things turn out in C (ya see wut I did thar?), but as far as bg's go, every sucker and his mom is viable, no permanent death and no claustrophobic feeling like in arenas.

I love Holy Paladin healing in BGs. People don't normaly dispell your sacred shield, and more important, your beacon of light, so most of times you can just spam heals 60 yards away. Also, Dsac with large raid groups can be amazingly good.

I'm really enjoying my new disc priest, which just turned 40. More than anything, I feel like I can stop healing and defend myself if the situation dissolves into 1v1 or whatever. I've played a resto druid, and a big complaint was I could ONLY heal, and delay the inevitable in some cases. On my priest, I can easily do a holy fire/mind blast combo and severely cut into someones health pool - after that, I dot them up, shield myself, and jump around. But yea, it's fun. Shields are the most frustrating thing ever for dps, too. Shielding someone at 5% health and fear bombing their attackers off...pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Beer? Pie? The? I'm in!

OT: Although I've never played an 80 healer on retail, on private servers when im bored and wanna play a healer I always choose druid. It's just fun being able to run around throwing HoT's up on everyone, then turning into a bear!
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Running around shielding, literally, your entire BG group, is pretty awesome too. It makes for a nice visual for the opposing team, too. :P

I'd toss a vote for resto druids. Those folks are sweet to have on any bg team, although disc priests are also great, and healadins if played right.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Come cata RDruids can dispell Magic/poison/curses - and joggin arround in tree watching the rogs kill them self on thorns is allways fun

Quote Originally Posted by Scoopjackson
    (ADD moment does anyone else find "Cata" 1000x easier to type than "WotLK")
    C a t a = 5 keystrokes (including shift modifier for capital letters)
    W o t L K = 8 keystrokes (including shift modifier for capital letters)

(5/8) * 100 = 62,5%
    100% - 62,5% = 37,5%

In conclusion; the word "Cata" uses 37,5% fewer keystrokes than the word "WotLK", and is therefore not 1000 times easier to type since it would mean that "Cata" would take 0,008 keystrokes. (WotLK = 8 letters / 1000 = 0,008)

priests look pretty good from the preview. they get a run speed buff, shadow is going to end up more op'd, SW:death is becoming a execute, and that new ability to call your teammate sounds really cool. and if they get shadow orbs flying around them type of animation then its a no brainer sinice that would look pretty hot in shadow form.

i might even start leveling my lowbie priest. i always hated how the class didn't have an escape, just wonder if the run speed buff works with wisp form.

i dont mind it if i have a friend to heal and am on vent with them, otherwise i would rather go into a more offensive role

on bgs i always enjoy playing my tbc restoration druid in hatefull/s4 gear more than playing my nearly full wrathfull restoration shaman (mostly mp5 elemental on bgs ;D).
    those 2-3 against 6-7 scenarios which are the most fun as healer are quite impossible as hpaladin/rsham, hard as dpriest and happen often as rdruid.

I always loved my disc priest for bgs. great devensive capabilities if played right and a great set of healing tools. I always found disc more fun thatn resto druid with the added ease of being able to go offensive when needed to and not completely cripple your defences - from "my own" exp with a resto druid in bgs, to do any real damage you need to shift out of tree form - stun lock in normal form = gg

Resto druids and holy paladins probably have the -highest- survivability, but disc priest has pretty damn good survivability while also being able to take your ass out with reflective shield, mana burn, sw, holy fire/smite, even an offensive penance if the person attacking you is exceptionally poor.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by morpie
    C a t a = 5 keystrokes (including shift modifier for capital letters)
    W o t L K = 8 keystrokes (including shift modifier for capital letters)

(5/8) * 100 = 62,5%
    100% - 62,5% = 37,5%

In conclusion; the word "Cata" uses 37,5% fewer keystrokes than the word "WotLK", and is therefore not 1000 times easier to type since it would mean that "Cata" would take 0,008 keystrokes. (WotLK = 8 letters / 1000 = 0,008)
    Ahh, but you have failed to apply a modifier for the convenient left hand grouping of the letters c-a-t. Plus we all know wow addicts are much better left hand typists as the right is usually occupied with mousing. Back to nerd school for you! ;D

Currently playing a discpriest, and the variation to the gameplay is what i enjoy the most. You heal, shield, manaburn, burst (pretty good actually), and the survivability is really good, obviously not plate (yet) but fears and clever timing, incl fakecasting makes it great fun.

The world of warcraft expantion expected to come late in 2010 or early 2011 called Cataclysm (that's a fair lot of keystrokes), still has its secrets of talents and lots of the classchanges, tho I sense disc is still gonna be fun

Resto druid, even if you aren't "in the mood" you can still be damaging - prowl to nodes, flags, thorn kill melee, nice CC abilities, most anything you do is insta cast, cheetah.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

no one even bothers to mention shaman healers -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Boonzorsx
    no one even bothers to mention shaman healers -.-
    Instead of whining why noone mentions it, why not write down the plus sides of playing your shaman? The guy is asking for advice on fun sides of playing a healer in BGs, so if you provide those, that might be answering the question posted...
    Since you point it out tho. I havent played shaman since TBC, and after trying all the other healing classes, they're my least favourite. Having to chainplace totems aint my playstyle, and I pref the "massive healing" of a paladin, or the "mitigation" and offensive gameplay of a discpriest.

It all comes down to the question of what you prefer yourself ^^