Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Now I'm wondering whether Life grip will be bears' new tool for pulling caster...

"There's no where here to LoS, everybody run back a whole bunch and when i get to this point, yoink me back"

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

In the right hands, grip of life is going to be so dam awsome. In the wrong hands, people are just going to be doushbags. It just depends what kind if cooldown this thing has. I don't think it should have a reguler cooldown like a tuant. it needs awhile to use it. Something like a minutie+ cooldown. Plus a talent that reduces damage done to the target when someone is pullled out of harms way.

Edit 09.04.2010: And after actualy reading about it having a 45 second cooldown, I still think it being a minute cooldown would be better.

those changes make me to start again my alt priest
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

IF u dont know shit then stfu scrubs.......... :-X

do u even know how death grip works?... u cant death grip.... and will not be able to life grip ppl while you're falling. so stfu with that shit. jesus

Lifegrip feels soo much like save stupid from getting them out of the fire, but must have some awesome options on specific fights.

Cheer for pw:barrier

10+ Year Old Account

Christ people sure are good at getting ahead of themselves. Life Grip will suck because people will misuse it! Yeah that's Life Grip's fault isn't it? You people must hang out with the world's stupidest players.

Imagine running for the Flag for WSG your 5 feet away from grabbing it and priest goes "Nuuu I wantz it" Grips you away and he/she gets it... *sad face*

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose91
    Tomorrow? Boub you posted it on april 8. Are you trying to tell us we have to wait to april 9th for tasty warrior preview? ???
    Different timezones are different. Blizzard is on the westcoast of the USA, a good solid 8 hours 'behind' in time compared to European countries.
    TL;DR: Us Europeans have to wait 'till midnight for every class preview to be posted.

Patience, young grasshoppah.

10+ Year Old Account

Doubt life grip will make it to live due to it almost certainly spawning a wide spread attitude that there's no need to move out of fires yourself if there is a priest in the group... Maybe if they make it a looong cooldown so people know it probably won't be used on you, but otherwise it will be abused/exploited to no end...

Although I would love to see what happens if a player is both life gripped and death gripped at the exact same time...

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Although I would love to see what happens if a player is both life gripped and death gripped at the exact same time...
    The world implodes.

....If Lifegrip doesnt reduce someones threat....

couldnt the priest, (as long as the tank has a nice amount of threat)
    pull the tank out of the way of a bosses big hits?

(Tank could then range taunt the boss to make sure its still on him)

and again, if the boss has no cleave attack, the boss would then have to run over to said tank and carry on his attacking, all the while the dps (in particular Tott rogues and MD hunters) can carry on dpsing the boss, while the tank takes no damage?

So, if we know a big hit is coming to the tank, we can 'dodge' it by moving the tank out of melee range from the boss?

This would make quite a few bosses quite trivial would it not??

Quote Originally Posted by Zodane
    So, if we know a big hit is coming to the tank, we can 'dodge' it by moving the tank out of melee range from the boss?

This would make quite a few bosses quite trivial would it not??
    If a big hit is coming we'll use Guardian Spirit, could be too risky to leap the tank.

I wish Leap of Faith was around when I was still raiding, Id play a priest for sure :-* Nothing is more annoying in raids than seeing people die to fire or other simple movement failures.

I quite like these changes. I always felt my priest was missing a heal, so good that "heal" is coming back.

Life grip will be pretty awesome. (And no it won't be overly abused, unless people in your raids DI/BoP the tank constantly or MD/TotT the healers.) I see it as something awesome for battlegrounds and arena.

Mind spike, hell yeah. How can shadow priests complain about this? This is a great addition for add fights and "heroic dungeons' when you just don't have time to get use out of dots.

So basically Blizzard was unispired and Mental Agility has become a spell.

Big nerf, now we have to choose between Inner Fire and Mental Agility. >

Leap of faith sounds fun :P

Hrm...I'm on the fence with this preview. Leap of Faith looks to be more pvp oriented. It seems rather blah for pve with the potential to annoy raid members. The same way tanks despised knockbacks, players probably aren't going to like being interrupted and have abrupt shifts in movement (a healer could be pulled out of range of a target, etc). I am interested in what's in store for Holy. Being able to go into an improved single target or aoe healing mode could be fun.

10+ Year Old Account

Is this a joke? I don't want a crap spell like Life Grip...All Heal classes own us priests atm in every way...And then we got...this??
    Want Blizz us all Priests to quit the game? Or just play PvP?
    I just wait for the awesome Druid changes. I'll reroll for sure if we stay with this crap.

Life Grip

Finally something to stop those pesky Boomkin - Ele shams from blowing half the group off LM or the bridge in EOTS, lol.

gonna need quick reactions tho if its 0.5 sec cast time

Now we know why paladins are 1 week after. Priests got the grip of life that is a pure strenght/protection spell. Perfect for a plate wearer and protector. Now Blizzard is probably scratching their heads of creating something - Just SOMETHING!! for the holy paladins.