Hello, since PTR 6.2. started I wanted to make a thread dedicated for troll models, since previous is buried and forgotten and I don't want to necro stuff, yet I want to spread awareness and I would be grateful for your attention and support in this case, since we all can relate.
===== We had a reply on tweeter!
Ok, so let me start with recent change.
Troll female appears to have her run animation tweaked!, I even made a video:
and here is old one to compare
As you can see new one is more similar in motion to vanilla one without the wobbling from side to side. That is a huge improvement. The run doesn't feel so stiff anymore. I'd like for it to have some more weight, but I would take it as it is, considering blizz has a tendency to go extreme at times, and destroy something that had potential.
That is so much for a change in PTR right now, I wanted to spread awareness that Troll male has not been tweaked since beta, and he is suffering to many problems.
But firstly I'll adress thing that both male and female suffers- when they're wearing robes thier feets are disjoined from them once they run, like Pacman, I know that draenei had the same issue.
More on Post #128 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33450153
TROLL MALE HAIRSTYLES
- the long braid hairstyle is still not animated and it's super stiff, it's the most glaring bug and I was super disappointed to see it made it live:
- the hairstyle with many braids on it's back is lacking the hair on sides of the face. His briads also should be re-visited becuase they feel rather flat while in old model the hairstyle was giving the impression of being huge. This has been done to human females hairstyles, so I believe trolls deserve it too.
The hairstyles with long braids on back are not animating properly during combat, the angle that braids bends to are unnatural:
TROLL MALE ANIMATIONS:
- During running animation, troll makes super angry face it would be great if it would be something stern instead.
- A lot of players want old walking/ back walking animation.He sways way too much his arms, previous walk animation was perfect, and was giving "prowling predator" vibe. It would be also great if he would close his mouth aswell. Post #128 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33450153
- during stealth run animation and fishing he closes his eyes.
-during eating/drinking animation either his hand is too low or his head to high:
- please tone down the expressions during kneeling and swimming animations.
- For monk class: fists of fury bug, and troll male is lacking landing animtion after performing Sperpent spine kick. Post #159 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33509903
- Release spell animations. When casting dierect spell troll male bends down even more, it looks painful please position his torso slightly higher and make his arms stright as it used to be in old animation.
And a gif to show how it looks in motion old vs new.
That squat looks very uncomfortable, and it's bugging me since the very begining.
And this is how it looks on NPC, as you see he really bends in uncomfortabe way:
- Troll male tusks move during animations. Tusks are meant to be immovable becuase they're attached to the skull, then how come we see them moving like that? :
-jumping is super stiff on troll male, as if it wasn't completed even.
- Troll male is swaying too much during idle, previous idle animation was perfect, now he is moving as if he was drunk or something. It also looks bad when he sleeps, he moves back and forth.
- clipping on idle stance, his left hand is disappearing in robe. When he sits there is also clipping issue. http://oi60.tinypic.com/sz911w.jpg
- during shoting animation his arrow is positioned in wrong direction. ( Post #23) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33368339
TEXTURE AND MODEL ALONE:
- Troll males lost unique eye colours, I thought it was bug in beta, and will be adressed, but it wasn't. Eye colours were : red, yellow, orange. Now it's black mostly. It was reversed to black back in WoD beta for no reason. Only NPCs managed to keep thier unique eye colours up to patch 6.1. More on Post #53 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33395983
Here is screen of how eyes looked previously:
- Ears also appears to be blurred and not HD:
- more detail to feet, troll females have much more detailed looking feet. And thier skin Texture looks more HD thanks to nice shading.
- Troll female model has much more HD texture than male, she also has much more healther colours and more definition put into her skin. Troll male looks pale in comparision, his colours look dull, as if he was sick.
- there is also something wrong with geometry, troll male appears to be hunching even more than before, his shoulders along with arms are also moved more forward, which gives rather unpleasant feel. I'm not asking for stright back, I like the fact that troll males are hunching, but it needs to be adjusted, lessen the hunch slightly. position torso a bit higher and work on his shoulder/ arm placement.
- Troll males got no rear! Therey're completely flat in there, no curvatures, nothing!
And also quote from Zankhaz from EU forum thread :
MORE OF HIS FEEDBACK: (POST #10 ) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33352471I will use an example of the one flaw which worries me the most since I have only seen myself try to bring it to light:
This flatnes of their back is neither anatomically correct, aesthetically pleasing or faithful to the original model, as can be seen in the latter screenshot comparison (incidentally it also demonstrates how they were animated to hunch even more forward than before, which bothers me somewhat as well, making them appear shorter)
It only affects NPCs :When troll female sits on chair there is something wrong with animation loop that makes her hand twitch in disturbing way, she is not sitting calmly as she is supposed to, but her hand moves in sharp manner once the animation loop is over. FIXED! but here is gif to show how it looked like : http://oi57.tinypic.com/2jez0b9.jpg
Another thing on troll female is that she doesn't have kneeling animation, her body literraly freezes. She doesn't blink and she doesn't breath, while troll male makes funny face yet he is clearly breathing and therefore he has kneeling animation too. it's fixed,, she is breathing but she doesn't blink, still an improvement.
- there is need to increase the size of weapons on troll females.
- please tone down expression she makes during release direct spell, her facial expression is very exaggerated, erfect face expression would be like in monk spell animations.
- Faces are changing it's shape on DK selection screen. (Post #15)
- The shoulders aren't aliegned on centre of the shoulder. (Post #15)
- [Apparently it only affects crossbows, and it's on every race] Weapon is changing the size whearas it's unseather or not:
- Shooting animation is wrong, the arrow is positioned away from bow:
- During melee animations the hilt is clipping through the fingers, or the weapon is flating away from troll women's hands:
- Troll female also doesn't close ther fists when she is holding an item, I know it's nitpicking but I also know that both increasing the weaponsize and and moving fingertips :
- it would be great if Jungle flower hairstyle would be re-visited to resomble original:
Quote from EU FORUM:
I also want to emphasise that I really appreciate the effort that was taken for new models, but like most of the players I want for them to be perfect.Originally Posted by 16137669978
SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE CUSTOMISATION :
- new troll female hairstyles, my own design -
- And for troll male!
SUGGESTiONS FOR ANIMATIONS:
New models gave a great oportiunity to add some extra additional animations. Trolls are meant to be extremely agile and it's barely shown in their animations, so here are some references and propositions for our troll buddies:
For standing up animation after being sumbled:
video showing troll male rogue animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXod2-NW7dM
there could be additional jumping animation to add racial flavour, some good reference: