Player Housing and the New Cities

I haven't been keeping up with this, does Blizzard have any plans to create player housing? I know they were working (lol) on new faction cities.

Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    1. The new player housing are garrisons, which are WC3 esque customizeable forts you own. Basically; personal, over-glorified questing hubs.

2. The new faction cities are no longer "capitals" in that they will have transmog and portals, which is great news for us RPers, because now we can have Bladespire and Karabor all to ourselves for role-play (basically, they are the new Halfhill).

The new capitals are basically shrines 2.0 on Ashran.
    Garrosh had every right to purge the Horde...especially of those vermin Pandaren!

Long live the Hellscream! For True Horde! For the Iron Horde!!!

Hell no, if people want player housing, they xan play the sims.
    Wow is about adventuring, questing, wars, saving the world... no time for choosing what wallpaper matchest those curtains that go fabulously with this forniture. Maybe if you are a blood elf

"We will fight them in the alleys until our knuckles are skinned and bloodied, and our rapiers lay on the ground, shattered. And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed, wounded and without hope; we will lift our heads in defiance and spit in their faces. But we will never surrender! FOR GILNEAS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Hell no, if people want player housing, they xan play the sims.
    Wow is about adventuring, questing, wars, saving the world... no time for choosing what wallpaper matchest those curtains that go fabulously with this forniture. Maybe if you are a blood elf
    WoW is an MMO-RPG. Player housing is a pretty big thing in MMO-RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    WoW is an MMO-RPG. Player housing is a pretty big thing in MMO-RPG's.

I would rather us get a personal town with other uses instead of a personal house in an instance somewhere and I get to reorganize my furniture so that my raider friends can come in and say "wow nice furniture". Maybe I could get my hands on a Mythic Ottoman? What I'm saying is that player housing doesn't really offer much other than to scratch our creative itch and what could be accomplished within the limitations of the WoW engine simply would not be enough. It would have to offer total control like WildStar or EQ Next and that just isn't possible for WoW.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Yes; Garrisons.

It's better then Player Housing, it's far more fitting for World of Warcraft and actually of what I've seen on the Beta it looks really awesome.

Can we lock this thread already. Player housing has been discussed to death since Vanilla. And finally when the "pro player housing" players got their housing in the form of garrisons (imo the only way that actually fits WoW), yet another topic about it is made.

But since I cannot just write the above and post my post, I'll take part in the discussion a bit:

Player housing as per usual in other games, does not fit WoW. Why does it not fit WoW?
    In other games your house is usually visually available to other players right? You don't have instanced or phased houses right? So with 10.000 on a healthy server, where would your house be standing? Or if it is instanced: Would you love that 5000 (alliance/horde) would all be around the same instance entrance, waiting to go in. "Additional instances cannot be launched, ring a bell?"
    Phased could work, and afaik they are doing just that with the garrisons.

What are you going to do in your house? Are you going to be there waiting for the queue to pop just like you did in your designated capital, but alone?
    What is the actual benefit from regular player housing? Your own laboratory (alchemy)? Your own anvil (blacksmith)? Your own kitchen (cooking)? Why would you want all that when everything is there within arms reach in the capital? The game is designed for your convenience already. Exactly so that housing is not needed. Still you want "that little spot of your own". How childish. To me Stormwind feels like my home already. A house of my own won't add anything.

I am not sure Garrisons are such a good idea either. It's just another solo event. And I think we have enough solo stuff already ingame. Then we have the players who say: But but I love the extra things garrisons add!!! Right... they cannot move those special perks to some other place in the game. You did not even know beforehand that Blizzard would implement Garrisons in that way nor did you know what kinds of buffs you would receive.

Why on earth does one receive buffs? Why can't the creating of your personal garrison be something that you do because you like it? As it is now, it is sort of a thing that is mandatory. Sure not mandatory perse, but if you want to be the most efficient, you will get your garrison equipped to the max.

But oh well... I'll toy around with it, see if it is fun.

PS: how did you guys like Skyrim's player housing? I found it rather: oh nice... "wanders around" ok done... - never to return.