Thread: DK Info out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DK Info out

can't wait to laugh at death knights when they activate dark simulacrum and i see them activate it and i make sure my next spell is something useless like renew rank 1 or lesser heal rank 1.

PRICELESS

Outbreak (level 81): Outbreak infects the target with both Frost Fever and Blood Plague at no rune cost. This ability allows death knights to apply diseases quickly when they are switching targets or when their diseases have been dispelled.
    Meh, as a tank I will end up using IT/PS for MASSIVE THREAT. Kinda worthless, cheesy, OP though at the same time...Needed

Necrotic Strike (level 83): Necrotic Strike is a new attack that deals weapon damage and applies a debuff that absorbs an amount of healing based on the damage done. For context, imagine that the death knight can choose between doing 8,000 damage outright with a certain ability, or dealing 6,000 damage and absorbing 4,000 points in incoming heals with Necrotic Strike -- the burst is smaller, but a larger overall amount of healing would be required to bring the target back to full health.
    Its....beautiful....I wonder how we will tweak the damage vs Heal block as well as this being ALOT more powerful than MS I can see this being scrapped. If it is a FU attack then PvPing in Unholy Presence (For faster runes) and using just this as your strike will make your target un-healable Outbreak-BS-BS-NS-NS-DC-Empower rune weapon-Garg-NS-NS-BS-BS Dead unhealed target.

Dark Simulacrum (level 85): The death knight strikes a target, applying a debuff that allows the death knight to copy the opponent's next spell cast and unleash it. Unlike Spell Reflection, Dark Simulacrum does not cancel the incoming spell. In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.
    A beautiful double edged sword, I can see this ability being tricky to use and will be on a macro to AMS for sure, Whats that? Instant soulfired yourself for 10k? It hit me for roughly 1k. Not to mention stealing heals with this bad boy. Can anyone say double DK arena teams? Between this and Necrotic strike its crazy.

Rune system changes....
    What did I just read?

Blood getting its own bone shield? Neato

Wait..is that what I think it is? OH GOD IT IS
    Blood
    Damage reduction
    Vengeance
    Healing Absorption
    Wait....
    Healing Absorption:When you heal yourself, you'll receive an additional effect that absorbs incoming damage.
    PASSIVE MITIGATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

even if its 25% of the heal thats alot of "block".

Quote Originally Posted by Koolio496

and as for the rune system
    basically you have 2 runes, and they can fill up to 200% to make 2 runes overall

you start with 6.
    you use both blood runes, one fills up, when it hits 100%, the other fills up, same for the other runes.

confusing, but not. when cata comes out, you'll understand it
    It really confused me until it *clicked* while I was trying to explain it to a guildie. Think of it this way:

Currently, let's say you're in middle of a rotation.
    You use 2 Death Runes to Scourge Strike -> They get turned into Blood Runes, which both come off CD at the same time. Now, you need to Blood Strike twice. You BS once: The first rune is on CD now, while the other one sits there during the GCD, essentially wasting a few seconds of it.

With the new system, each rune has 2 'charges'. Now, you use the Death Rune(Blood rune) to use SS. 5 seconds later, it has one charge. You use Blood strike. another 5 seconds later, it has another charge.

At least, I think this is how it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolio496
    i believe the healing absorbtion thing is basically saying

you heal, and it somehow shields you so you take less damage, or you get a buff, or something. idk
    you get damage reduction

and as for the rune system
    basically you have 2 runes, and they can fill up to 200% to make 2 runes overall

you start with 6.
    you use both blood runes, one fills up, when it hits 100%, the other fills up, same for the other runes.

confusing, but not. when cata comes out, you'll understand it
    close but not quite. the new rune system is that you can only regenerate one blood, frost, and unholy rune at a time. so if you obliterate three times, only three runes are refreshing, rather than six. i speculate that rune attacks will either get a slight buff, or it takes less than 10 seconds to refresh a rune by default or haste is godly for runes.

edit: guy above me has a good example too

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    can't wait to laugh at death knights when they activate dark simulacrum and i see them activate it and i make sure my next spell is something useless like renew rank 1 or lesser heal rank 1.

PRICELESS
    1. i'm sure it'll be offensive spells only, and
    2. if it were a healing spell it wouldn't go to the target because it's a friendly buff :P (not saying that's what you were implying)

Love how people can't read dark simulcrum will not be copying your heals l2read. It will only copy spells which can be spell reflected i.e. polymorph, lvb etc. Im kind of disappointed i expcted something a bit cooler though i suppose i'll have to reserve judgement until i actually use it. I really like outbreak <3 the new rune mechanic is confusing.

PRICELESS
    Mind soothe.

PRICELESS
    spell ranks are going away. all spells automatically rank up as you level.

PRICELESS
    All ranks are being removed. Try again

...mind soothe.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderish
    Anti Magic Shield and Anti-Magic Zone, and now Dark Simulacrum to that.

Blizzard might have forgot to rename the class to Anti-Caster Knight.
    And yet, throughout wotlk, our hard counter classes in PvP were warlocks and mages. In fact, pretty much all S5 gladiator warlocks climbed right over shadowfrost DK corpses to get there.

And for the record, it was a complete faceroll for them. Hard counter class. Just like shadowfrost DKs were for everything else.
    And that was when DKs were actually hilariously OP. After the nerf, the word "fodder" was a compliment.

Is it me or does it seem that the new spells are more for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus
    spell ranks are going away. all spells automatically rank up as you level.
    This.

Also, as someone said, DS will only work with spells that can actually be reflected.

What I'm wondering, is: Does the spell DS copies automatically get 'cast' when the target casts their spell? Or, do we get to store it for a set amount of time, and unleash it with another press of our DS hotkey?

Outbreak (level 81): Outbreak infects the target with both Frost Fever and Blood Plague at no rune cost. This ability allows death knights to apply diseases quickly when they are switching targets or when their diseases have been dispelled.

Necrotic Strike (level 83): Necrotic Strike is a new attack that deals weapon damage and applies a debuff that absorbs an amount of healing based on the damage done. For context, imagine that the death knight can choose between doing 8,000 damage outright with a certain ability, or dealing 6,000 damage and absorbing 4,000 points in incoming heals with Necrotic Strike -- the burst is smaller, but a larger overall amount of healing would be required to bring the target back to full health.

This ability is meant to bring back some of the old flavor from when death knights could dispel heal-over-time (HoT) effects. It also gives the class a bit more PvP utility without simply replicating a Mortal Strike-style effect.

Dark Simulacrum (level 85): The death knight strikes a target, applying a debuff that allows the death knight to copy the opponent's next spell cast and unleash it. Unlike Spell Reflection, Dark Simulacrum does not cancel the incoming spell. In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.

I can hear the PVP QQ already!

Quote Originally Posted by Rilatron
    Is it me or does it seem that the new spells are more for pvp.
    DS will have some use against certain bosses in PvE. Unless Blizzard counters this by making every bosses spells un-reflectable. THEN they'll all be for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace
    This.

Also, as someone said, DS will only work with spells that can actually be reflected.

What I'm wondering, is: Does the spell DS copies automatically get 'cast' when the target casts their spell? Or, do we get to store it for a set amount of time, and unleash it with another press of our DS hotkey?
    Being that they used the term, Unlesh it, I think its storable. If not its a poor clone of Spell Reflect.

And yeah Necrotic Strike is really a PvP talent unless they add something to PvE for it. Outbreak is for both and Dark Simulacrum has its PvE uses.

just to clarify, we got all the pvp buffs because, we were generally weak after we got nerfed into the ground...

we're meant to be caster killers. some of these spells are anti healer. healers are casters.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace
    This.

... idk but you should suggest that :P that'd be insane
    bossfight.

ok fine i'll mind soothe

Any idea on the cooldown for Outbreak? Im guessing 30 seconds to a minute as they still want us to apply our diseases with IT and PS.

EDIT: Yep a 1 minute cooldown
    -----------------------------------
    # Outbreak is free with a 1-minute cooldown. It’s not supposed to completely replace Plague Strike and Icy Touch.
    ------------------------------------------
    Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=10#198