Thread: Dark Simulacrum

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Simulacrum

Whenever I fight DKs as a caster they just open with their super caster stun lock - Strangulate->Ghoul Stun->Anti Magic Shell

Now DKs get their own version of Spell Reflect to add to it?

I don't mind DKs getting cool things, but they need to make it so DKs don't just open every fight with their super caster lock down abilities in rapid conjunction.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Dark Simulacrum - Caster Front-loaded Stun Lock starting to go too far?

So much agreed. Fighting against dks is really about the most boring thing of the game because you spend so much of the time rendered unable to do anything, like moving at 10% speed, having to fake cast every 10 seconds without mentioning their additional countermagicuser abilities which they seem to be stacking quite hugely.

Gief more dynamic gameplay plx.

Ps, not saying that DKs are overpowered, just that they're boring to fight against

I thought DKs were designed to the the anti-caster melee? Working as intended IMO.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much any melee class feels pretty anti-caster-ish if you ask me. From a lock point of view atleast

not the point, part the the death knight coda has always been magekillers it's part of what blizzard wanted them to be

are we really surprised that they are going to become it?

that being said, with plate on top of what they get already and a bizarre mortal strike on the horizon dks look to be top shelf in pvp soon. of course we don't KNOW how it'll all pan out yet.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account

Atleast you still get to hit the DK with your spell with DS. Just use one of your weaker spells.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    I thought DKs were designed to the the anti-caster melee? Working as intended IMO.
    No, they're not. Blizzard should have known when they said "DK's will be the anti caster tanks" that morons would flock to play DKs in WoTLK thinking that has anything to do with PvP. As if a stupid generalization like "anti-caster melee" gives DK's the right to counter 6 classes no questions asked.

10+ Year Old Account

In the ideal game one player shouldn't have the advantage over another merely because he picked another class than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz
    In the ideal game one player shouldn't have the advantage over another merely because he picked another class than they did.
    That is pretty much impossible unless classes were identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    No, they're not. Blizzard should have known when they said "DK's will be the anti caster tanks" that morons would flock to play DKs in WoTLK thinking that has anything to do with PvP. As if a stupid generalization like "anti-caster melee" gives DK's the right to counter 6 classes no questions asked.

Because frost mages countering all melee isn't the same thing?

DKs counter a total of 14 caster specs

Frost mages counter all melee which is 13 specs

Hunters are left out but i'd say mages and dks have about the same difficulty killing hunters.

You're QQing over dk dominance? Wait... what?

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    And yet, currently, we're one of the worse anti-caster classes in the game.

Also, DS will be counter-able by a good player. You just have to be quick.

You cast Poly: The DK has to use DS before you get the cast off... and even if he does, he still gets Poly'd.

You cast Frostbolt -> DK casts DS -> You stop cast and cast Ice Lance instead -> DK gets to use Ice Lance WOOHOO.

TL;DR: Don't cry OP until beta.

Yaaaaaaaaay already QQ! Just see how its goes in Cata and otherwise just suck it up

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraud
    Yaaaaaaaaay already QQ! Just see how its goes in Cata and otherwise just suck it up
    You haven't really read the thread, have you? I assume that when you say QQ you mean whine, and rather than whine I would call it constructive feedback since we're explaning our viewpoints rather than just bitching in capslock.

So much agreed. Fighting against dks is really about the most boring thing of the game because you spend so much of the time rendered unable to do anything, like moving at 10% speed, having to fake cast every 10 seconds without mentioning their additional countermagicuser abilities which they seem to be stacking quite hugely.

Gief more dynamic gameplay plx.

Ps, not saying that DKs are overpowered, just that they're boring to fight against
    You want a rogue that blow all his CD's on you so you die in a couple of seconds?

You haven't really read the thread, have you? I assume that when you say QQ you mean whine, and rather than whine I would call it constructive feedback since we're explaning our viewpoints rather than just bitching in capslock.
    Still its pure QQ. You cant even say how the spell gonna work. Maybe it gonna be sp based so the spell that will be cast back will do shit damage. Just wait and see how it works

does that dieal game take into account 10 different classes (let alone 30 different character specializations total)?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraud
    Still its pure QQ. You cant even say how the spell gonna work. Maybe it gonna be sp based so the spell that will be cast back will do shit damage. Just wait and see how it works
    One is most likely gonna store a CC spell rather than a damage spell. Besides not even half the topic is about this spell alone, it's about the class design of DKs in general, which just proves my point that you really haven't read the topic at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    does that dieal game take into account 10 different classes (let alone 30 different character specializations total)?
    Don't read too literally into my words, I meant in general since the're more like 15ish caster speccs if not more, rather than 1.

10+ Year Old Account

Whenever I fight DKs as a caster they just open with their super caster stun lock - Strangulate->Ghoul Stun->Anti Magic Shell

I don't mind DKs getting cool things, but they need to make it so DKs don't just open every fight with their super caster lock down abilities in rapid conjunction.
    their own version of Spell Reflect
    Spell Reflect

Dark Simulacrum (level 85): The death knight strikes a target, applying a debuff that allows the death knight to copy the opponent's next spell cast and unleash it. Unlike Spell Reflection, Dark Simulacrum does not cancel the incoming spell. In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.
    Unlike Spell Reflection, Dark Simulacrum does not cancel the incoming spell.

does not cancel the incoming spell

L2R

All you have to do is what smart casters currently do vs. SR Warriors. Use an instant, cheap spell to have them throw back at you.

My mage uses Ice Lance
    My Ele uses Wind Shock
    My Lock uses Death Coi....err... Life Drain

Priests could use dispel
    Druids could use a moonfire or something

Not that hard.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You can easily avoid getting blasted by your own spell, just by hitting him with any rank 1 spell