Poll: Do You like farm PvE content for BiS PvP items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Do You like farm PvE content for BiS PvP items?

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    I hate pve, but I still farm for pvp items through pve on my druid. Cbf'd with both my toons.

Also, godmode trinkets are too awesome to pass up (DFO, DBW, PotNL etc)

Top ele shaman now uses 2 pve trinkets playing with 2 dispellers. No, he can't get poly'd and would much rather sit in a stun than trinket it (perma pain sup), and with 2 godmode trinkets, he procs up to 3k spell power. Imagine that lavaburst on you.
    if hes relying on trinket procs to get over 3k thats pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zaerz
    if hes relying on trinket procs to get over 3k thats pretty bad.
    He is relying on buff to get his SP boosting from 5k to 8k.. (random numbers)

P.S. who say that gear didnt help at high rating? Imagine:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50354
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50359

On single holy paladin when there are disc priest (+mage+lock+ele)...In 3s and 5s brackets those 2 trinkets simple winning games..

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Just because you have full wrathful / relentless / 1500 resi doesn't mean you can't get beaten by a skilled player in PvE gear..... Fucking retarded when people say "wtf i have pvp gear i win everything now".
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Make PvP items better for PvE than PvE items and you'll have balance.

I don't like to do it, but I do when I get the chance.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I'm a raider so, yes, I like it

You don't actually need PvE gear for PvP since there's no "bis" PvP gear.
    There's a variety of gear you could use depending on your playstyle, you are not forced in any way to use PvE gear.. people think that some PvE gear is better only cause the best "insert class" PvPer of the world use it, but it may differ from player to player, at the same level of skill it may happen that a full PvP geared win over an "half" PvE geared in the so called "bis" due to the more surv they have and viceversa.

Nerf human racial already, or at least give us better trinkets to rival them :'(

its pretty well known that one of the bigest weaknesses of any class is fixed by being human and using two pve trinkets that are rare to get.

Yes im talking about a disc priest and using double solace to solve the problem of our horrid pvp regen (in comparison with shaman/paly/druid) of equal skill and gear.

Srry sf ant going to do shit if your opponents have half their brains at any given time even if you babysit the damn thing while your team is taking dmg.

and hymn of hope is laughable esp since its channeled and locks disc and holy trees when interrupted.
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I'm a raider so, yes, I like it
    This

World of warcraft is one game, pve and pvp are part of it.
    The only real idea that I've seen thats reasonable is allowing decent pve trinkets from pvp and balancing the game around that (1800 for deathbringers will, heroic not available)
    I know you can get carried to 1800 but you can get carried to deathbringer too.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

To be fair, there are also PvP items that are great for PvE. The staff/polearm for feral tanking being a prime example. Actually, ferals have suffered from needing to PvP in order to get great tanking items since arena was introduced. So it really works both ways.

Players focusing on PvE are also annoyed with PvP geared/specced people in their runs, same as having all PvE people mucking up your BGs, or burning through PvP teams with awesome Pve gear.

Really its something that Blizz will always force on us, unless they make certain items not work in PvP/PvE situations, like PvP trinkets in PvE etc.

It seems to me that the game rewards you for doing multiple aspects of the game with the same toon, but it isn't absolutely necessary to do so. That makes me happy and encourages me to try new stuff.

Very few PvE items make that big of a difference anymore.

The only two items I would consider being game changers are shadowmourne and the healing hammer from Ulduar.

Problem with PvE trinkets is that they are better than ones obtainable from PvP. For example current PvP trinket ( not resilience one ) is I Level 213. Pretty outdated isn't it? Resilience version isn't that good for many classes.
    Battlemaster aswell is worse than Bauble of True Blood which comes from ICC 25. It heals more if target doesn't have MS but less if he has, but it can be cast to other players and not just for yourself.

Stacking PvE gear should lower your MMR.

The first problem with this post is that you believe there is such a thing as PvP BiS. There is no conceivable way to weigh accurately the extra stam and resil against the DPS stats on PvE gear. When talking about PvE BiS it's all about output. I'll admit that it has become quite popular to pick up some additional stats from some PvE gear, especially on damage dealers, but concluding that if a certain player or certain players of a specific class use these items in PvP then it is BiS is flawed. How can you compare a battlemaster's trinket to a DFO/DBW? The two trinkets serve entirely separate purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Very few PvE items make that big of a difference anymore.

The only two items I would consider being game changers are shadowmourne and the healing hammer from Ulduar.
    These two are about the only items I would concede as better than their PvP counterparts in every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Butte
    Problem with PvE trinkets is that they are better than ones obtainable from PvP. For example current PvP trinket ( not resilience one ) is I Level 213. Pretty outdated isn't it? Resilience version isn't that good for many classes.
    How so? Show me with math how 155 ArP or 155 haste is better than 153 resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Actually, for most nonhumans you will want the res trinket, because it allows you to equip 2-3 more ilvl 277 offset pieces... what do you mean, you don't raid hardmodes?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    How so? Show me with math how 155 ArP or 155 haste is better than 153 resilience.
    Logic my friend.

The 153 resi trinket is pretty much good for classes that often gets focused and wears cloth, IE priests, warlocks and maybe shaman. But for most other classes it's pretty much worthless, now some get that trinket cause they are not human and it's better than the ilvl 213 that you're forced to have otherwise.

Regarding your first statement, ofc you can you compare battlemaster's to DFO/DBW. Take mage for example, how often does mage get focued? Never. What's a mage gonna do with 1300 resi? DFO brings 155 haste plus the chance to procc spell damage.

Last question is, do you even PvP? Wrath arena is all about ONE thing, and that is tunnelvision zerg, you either zerg someone down or you'll get zerged down. Survivability means SHIT. If you play a dps it's all bout being able to put out as much damage as possible. In LK you get killed in 2 global cd's, it's not like 3% less damage is gonna save your ass.

What the hell, every hunterteam focuses mage (and mage kill is also a viable tactic in rmp mirrors)

I'm sorry, but you are the one who has never played above 1500, regarding your posts.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!