Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Rogue

Sweet spells given to rogues and they still whine :
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Garetee
    i wish redirect was just something that was automatic instead of having to be a use. im excited to be spamming my buttons for a reason now, since it seems abilities will be more important than auto attack. smoke screen sounds pretty lame pve wise. everything sounds lame pve wise though
    Don't be a gloomy gus I'm sure they'll give us a another button to press for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh
    These changes look pretty nice and add value to the experience of both PvE and PvP rogues.

I don't see why there's QQ about smoke bomb.
    Did you guys not sit and think for 15seconds to realize all the possible win in this ability?
    i can't tell you're sarcastic or an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSwift
    redirect will be pretty useful for both PvP and pve add fights, Smoke Bomb sounds pretty awesome.
    also came across a leaked video of a possible fixed vanish in action for cata also
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1333294495350#
    ROFL

No on even noticed the "poison your throwing weapon thing". Think or transferring your combo points just to "shiv throw" mind numbing on an annoying pally healing in a BG. Or to transfer deadly poison before you even get on the new target.

These changes, with the possible exception of smoke bomb, are the most retarded things that Blizzard has ever done for the rogue class. We are a class based on stealth - based on careful manipulation of our surroundings, using the threat and overbearing nature of our teammates and raid mates to allow us to smash into our enemies with a tactile precision. These changes seems to aim rogues all down the path of what we now call a combat rogue - everything seems to point towards making us fill the old position of fury warriors.... just dual wielding DPS classes that don't do anything but spam abilities and try to stay alive as long as we can. This is a one dimentional style of play that frankly, I find offensive as a long time rogue player.

Blizzard, GTFO. I'm going to go level a mage, at least there invisibility is cool. Or maybe I'll go play my warrior, since they don't have to do stealth at all, and are much better at standing there and clubbing things.

Terrible ideas. If this is all Blizzard does for rogues in Cata, I will certainly not be playing mine.

Deleted

So they're removing combat daggers completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    Sweet spells given to rogues and they still whine :
    Because we don't want these abilities. We don't want to be warriors. We want to be fucking ROGUES.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    Also, I'd laugh if it was possible to remove the cloud prematurely with Typhoon ;D
    Ha! That'd be so great to see, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    These changes, with the possible exception of smoke bomb, are the most retarded things that Blizzard has ever done for the rogue class. We are a class based on stealth - based on careful manipulation of our surroundings, using the threat and overbearing nature of our teammates and raid mates to allow us to smash into our enemies with a tactile precision. These changes seems to aim rogues all down the path of what we now call a combat rogue - everything seems to point towards making us fill the old position of fury warriors.... just dual wielding DPS classes that don't do anything but spam abilities and try to stay alive as long as we can. This is a one dimentional style of play that frankly, I find offensive as a long time rogue player.

Blizzard, GTFO. I'm going to go level a mage, at least there invisibility is cool. Or maybe I'll go play my warrior, since they don't have to do stealth at all, and are much better at standing there and clubbing things.

Terrible ideas. If this is all Blizzard does for rogues in Cata, I will certainly not be playing mine.
    Amen. Preach it brother

The thing that everyone doesnt realise is that they'll for sure add some new sort of unique damage ability in beta at least , remember this is only preview , do you guys really think all we are gonna get in cataclysm is ccs and defensive cooldowns? dont think so...

Do use all a huge favor and get over yourself. They have been stating for the longest they wanna make Rogues last longer in the heat of combat.

Now i see where priests Leap of faith has use for in pvp!

Now i see where priests Leap of faith has use for in pvp!

Because we don't want these abilities. We don't want to be warriors. We want to be fucking ROGUES.
    Warriors have smoke bomb, combo points, hot and stackable damage reduction ability? Didn't know that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Furthermore interesting.... why would rogues in cata ever want to use daggers? If they remove the limitations weapon limitations of every ability (except back stab, but screw back stab...), then why is assassination going to want to use daggers more than swords or axes? There was no information regarding giving additional haste or damage for using daggers under the assassination mastery.... it looks like Rogues will be forced into using axes and swords once again as well, further pushing us to be a pseudo fury warrior....

LAME.

Damn brutal first post.

Rogues are a lightly armored melee class capable of dealing massive damage to their enemies in a flurry of attacks. They are masters of stealth and assassination, passing by enemies unseen and striking from the shadows, then escaping from combat in the blink of an eye. Rogues can also craft poisons that damage or cripple their enemies, reducing their effectiveness in battle. Groups will find rogues valuable, for not only do they deal massive damage, but they can open locked doors or chests, and disarm hidden traps as well

Technically, all of these changes still coincide with their original description. Maybe smoke cloud will work better than vanish though, we can only hope...

I wonder if you can use a smoke bomb to separate your enemy from their healer?

As far as using smoke bomb to help AOE the trash. I mean you could do that, if the trash doesn't eat your tank alive.

I also wonder if smoke bomb is at your feat, or is targetable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I am unimpressed, theres Not even a direct damaging ability.

Redirect sounds nice, but in a boss setting, why would i ever need to transfer my combo points? this doesnt work well for fights like rotface, festergut, marrowgar, ect. Great for leveling and PvP though.

Combat Readiness is great if im ever getting hit in a raid, and if im doing my job right, i shouldnt be. Great for Leveling and PvP.

Smoke Bomb is virtualty useless for a PvE, it doesnt realy do anything in a boss setting. PvP, sure great, cant be targeted cant be hit same for leveling, but in PvE, i doubt i would use it except if i was trying to get the casters closer to use in the rotface/festergut trash.

Combo Point HoT is great for leveling and pvp, has possible use in PvE.
    Do you know how PvE and boss fights will be in Cata? Things like smoke bomb might have plenty of useful aspects then.

I just hope they end up scrapping smoke bomb and giving us an offensive ability that can be used for pve and pvp.... crazy idea I know.
    Probably going to level my priest to 85 first unless they end up adding something unique like the Sham 85 ability. So far only two classes have received a genuinely awesome ability.
    Edit: Maybe not scrap smoke bomb since it is a cool ability just not for pve