Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: [Druid] Cataclysm Changes Discussion

So Bears get my AOE Rend..

Blizzard sure are jerks lately..
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    thats a pretty nifty trick that mushroom. I can see balance druids making choke points, even more chokeable.
    Seems it will be a baseline spell actually, so even ferals and restos will be able to toss shrooms around. They probably won't do quite as much damage as those put by balance druids but it can still be fun (and useful in choke point to screw up stealthers).

As a mainly feral, offspec resto druid, I really expected more. Feral tbh gets nothing except for a supportive, kinda boring raidwide sprint, and some "help" for failing at a rotation, whatever that might be.

Resto will suck balls imo, I did like the tree a lot, mainly because it allowed my to change my fugly NE male casting animation. Vanilla really pushed my limits as a male, and if it weren't for tree allowing me not to look like hell when I heal, I would have gone female. Now I might anyway, but I still think tree>normal form any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Do you think Rogues will be able to see the Mushroom, because of detect trap?

Or Invisible Mages or anyone with a Detect Invisibility buff?

I really dislike the Resto changes. If I wanted the skills they're getting, I would have rolled Shaman. They could have left Tree of Life alone and given us something like ... Empowered Tree, when we'd need increased healing for a duration.

Druids are shape-shifters, Balance gets their Moonkin form, Kitties and Bears have theirs.

Oh well. I hope they rethink the Resto changes a lot. Otherwise, grats to Feral and Balance. <3
    sup?

A hybrid class that should be weaker than pure classes, become more op.

Woot for haste and crit not working with feral/balance dots and still being worthless.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Haha Magic Mushroom.

Someone's been playing LoL ;D
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Dizpleezed
    Do you think Rogues will be able to see the Mushroom, because of detect trap?
    It would be a tad ridiculous if they could disarm a mushroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badge
    It would be a tad ridiculous if they could disarm a mushroom
    Maybe herbalist's can do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Badge
    Resto druids got screwed big time

Resto Druids: Got screwed more than any other spec/class released so far
    Not really sure how Resto is getting screwed. As the post said, resto already has plenty of abilities, there are just several that need to be made more useful, specifically for non-raid healing situations such as tank healing and heroics. Resto has also been doing -extremely- well for all of TBC and WotLK, the only time Resto druids don't shine is when improperly played (trying to raid heal on Marrowgar instead of rolling full hots on all 3 tanks), the druid is undergeard (i.e. - not haste capped), or in farm content (where the buffer healing of raid rolling rejuvs and wild growth is barely needed).

Regrowth is getting a buff talent, Nourish is getting polished, Lifebloom is being addressed, and all HoTs will naturally be able to crit and be affected by haste (more ticks), which brings a stat (crit rating) into usefulness that has only been useful to Resto druids in one set of gear (4pc T9) out of 2 entire xpacs, or for trying to impress someone with a HT crit which is still easily outshone by most Holy Paladins non-crit Holy Lights.

As far as the loss/change of Tree of Life goes, it's a good PvP change. Druids won't be banishable for trying to get more armor/healing, but they'll also be able to be more offensive. So while you won't be leading around a bunch of idiots in a bg praying for a Rogue and a Roflstorm to show up to CC you enough to be killed, you'll also be able to kill someone instead of having to kite until your teammates show up.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't know how to feel about this 8)

Now I really want to get into beta so I can see how all this works myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Haha Magic Mushroom.

Someone's been playing LoL ;D
    Teemo druids FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgo
    oh def pie. Who the fuck likes cake more than pie? Ill tell you who. Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    Um, dunno where your gear is at, but I'm not even fully 264 yet and my Starfires are 1.87 just with NG procced. With lust and a haste pot they drop down to around ~1.3 sec cast.
    You weren't around the first tier of gear

Then again my calculations could be completely off. I totally guessed how many charges the ability has.

Also. Nature's grace change plox!

You all are underestimating how awesome a ToL cooldown could be.

Tree of Life 500 mana 3m cd
    You take the form of a tree of life for 20 seconds. While in this form, your GCD is .5 seconds, your hots last 50% longer, your direct heals heal for 20% more, and you put off a healing aura which causes everyone within 20 yds to be healed for 5% of their max health every 2 seconds.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Re: [Druid] Cataclysm Changes Discussion (not live yet)

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656
    I am almost sure I saw a blue post saying that Bears would be getting 2 different set of masteries..... I'll have to try to find it.

Now I am just guessing that You will have 1 set in bear form(Or maybe some special new tank form?) and 1 set in cat form....

Cat/Bear
    Dmg Increase/Dmg taken decrease
    Melee crit/Veangence
    Increased Bleed damage/Increased Savage defense....

Just my ideas.
    Quoting myself is lame... but I totally called all of the masteries.

Seems most the community isn't so happy about the potential resto change.
    It's kind of a double edge sword, one of the reasons I play a druid is for the shapeshifting (obviously unique to druids). At the same time, to get that novelty we do get weakened (can't cast heals in moonkin), we are so similar to elemental shaman except our "novelty" splits our capability in half.

So anyway, I could see why people are bummed, they wanna shapeshift. So ya, why can't a tree cast cyclone, make the forms an improvement without a drawback?.....?

So we cant be banished but we can be SAPPED AMG!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    well wait. he might have a point.
    garrosh is an orc. "orc" has 3 letters in it. so does the word "win".
    malfurion is a night elf. "night elf" has eight letters. so does "will lose".

you can add this to the first post, if you'd like. makes more sense than most of your points.

Blizz deserves a round of applause for their creativity in cataclysm, i thought smoke bomb and camouflage were awesome ideas, but my main is a moonkin and i cannot wait to try out the mushroom (shroom puns inc), and the change to eclipse is very nice too.

Meh, who cares about resto druids getting nothing? FERAL IS GETTIN BUFFED more or less... WOOT! And i guess balance changes are decent too. FORCING PEOPLE TO EAT MY SHROOMS FTW!