Which frost item?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&cn=Darkdread

So I just dusted my Warlock off recently and hit 61 Frost Emblems today...

Looked at RAWR and it's telling me to get the healing trinket but i hate the wasted proc of the mp5 rather than soemthing useful.

Looked at individual pieces and the T10 gloves and shoulders are both upgrades where as the gloves would say bye bye to my T9 2PC, this worth it?

How much regemming would I have to do to become Affliction and would that effect my frost choice and how so?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Which frost item?

Just keep saving until you have enough for both gloves and shoulders. And get another T9 to keep both bonuses(the hell with iLvl and GS). Or you can just buy the frost back, that's decent enough and your biggest upgrade right now. Don't ever buy the frost trinkets. I'm using the same trinkets you are(shitty luck @ drops) and still do ok!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

U can do like i do. I currently have T10 Shoulders and Helmet, and ilvl 245 T9 Chest and Legs. However, i also have T10 legs in my bad, but i'm waiting to use them until i can get my T10chest, to not lose any set bonus.

the one thats best for you you think

10+ Year Old Account

Upgrade the cloak to Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky, it is by far and away your biggest upgrade. Else, go for the T10 shoulders and Head, you can possibly pick up the gloves from VoA, so leave them until last for the 4 piece.

Rawr is still some way off being useful for Warlocks, so if you're going to use it, try the setups and export them to simulationcraft for a better idea of what upgrade will be best.

In terms of gems, stat priorities are the same regardless of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    Just keep saving until you have enough for both gloves and shoulders. And get another T9 to keep both bonuses(the hell with iLvl and GS). Or you can just buy the frost back, that's decent enough and your biggest upgrade right now. Don't ever buy the frost trinkets. I'm using the same trinkets you are(shitty luck @ drops) and still do ok!
    Hm... everything I've read everywhere... EJ/official forums/here says that T9 4pc is useless for destro... so whats the point in dropping down to lesser gear with lesser stats just to pick up a sub-par bonus? Or has this changed? If it has then EJ doesn't have it up yet.

Thx guys, think cloak is the way to go. :-)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo
    Hm... everything I've read everywhere... EJ/official forums/here says that T9 4pc is useless for destro... so whats the point in dropping down to lesser gear with lesser stats just to pick up a sub-par bonus? Or has this changed? If it has then EJ doesn't have it up yet.

T9 4pc is actually very good for Destruction, as it plays off your Empowered Imp talent, it's mediocre for Demo and sucks for Affliction.

Edit: I'm thinking 2pc... yeah, the 4pc is pretty lame for Destro.

Deleted

do not get t10 gloves or pants for emblems, get them from VoA.
    other than that, I would focus on getting 4pc t10, and not get the cloak first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka
    T9 4pc is actually very good for Destruction, as it plays off your Empowered Imp talent, it's mediocre for Demo and sucks for Affliction.

Edit: I'm thinking 2pc... yeah, the 4pc is pretty lame for Destro.
    How so? Is this dealing with the immolate can crit ability? Or what? When I read up on this it said that the 4pc was useless because it didn't effect your conflag which made the extra stats on the 245 vendor head/shoulders with crafted chest more valuable.

Deleted

How so? Is this dealing with the immolate can crit ability? Or what? When I read up on this it said that the 4pc was useless because it didn't effect your conflag which made the extra stats on the 245 vendor head/shoulders with crafted chest more valuable.
    (as I just learned), if you cast immo with empowered imp up (more often w/ 2pct9), all ticks will be crits, so 2pc is good.
    4pc is not bad, but 2pct10 would be better (2pct9+2pct10).

i picked up the waist and back armor, and currently pushing 50 emblems, and trying to decide whether to go shoulders or keep saving for the head piece... i might pick up the shoulders and hopefully win a roll from voa and get the set bonus...

10+ Year Old Account

I was saying you should get 2pcT9 and 2pcT10... that's what both bonuses was supposed to mean.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.