Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: New paladin spell predictions

The main problem they face with giving ret more instant abilities to use is that seals account for about half the damage they do & allot of their burst, so if they were to give ret new attacks they would have to reduce seal damage.
    There is also the fact that since crusader strike was put on a 4 second CD ret has almost no free GCD's to spare, however if they were to change crusader strike back to the pre 3.1 version then reduce instant seal damage they could easily give ret more attacks to work with & some synergy in how they use them.

Frankly I am hoping that they do this then give ret some system of using its attacks & cause what order you use them in to cause them to have varied effects, they could even change judgments to work like finishers & have varied effects depending on what attack order you used.

I had an idea for a change like this back in late BC when they announced they were changing the ret play style. It involved adding 1 or 2 new attacks to what ret had back then then causing each of them to add a buff point when used (2 if they crit) then having judgments consume the points causing more damage per point consumed & an extra effect based on seal used that grew stronger per point consumed, Seal of light could cause a health absorb, seal of wisdom could cause a mana burn justice a daze effect vengeance/corruption could cause instant dot damage etc.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by kakefarmer
    Following in the footsteps of Priests and Shammys:

Holy Light - Replaces the current Holy Light. The current Holy Light is renamed to Greater Holy Light!

^ what he said , that seems to be the trend

I don't know about new abilities but I'd bet I know what the holy pally mastery bonus will be. Illumination: Spell crits return a portion of the spells mana. I bet we get a new blessing too because wisdom is gonna have to go. Mp5 goes to spirit and they're trashing all party spirit buffs so our mana regen is constant.

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Concerning upcoming Cataclysm paladin changes:
    Hay guyz. Member that really nasty joke we played with paladinz in 3.0? Hahahaha.

-Ghostcrawler
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Gosroth
    Righteous Fire (Level 81): 1.5 sec cast, 30y range, no cooldown. Deals holyfire damage to a single target(and possible additional effect depending on talents. This is a standard bolt-type dmg spell, except that it is dual school).
    The point of dual scholl was that the school to which the target has the lowest ressistance will be chosen....since no holy ress exists in game it will ALWAYS do holy damage >.>

It would be unique if it were soemthing like this:

Crusader STrike does 80% weapon damage as HOLY damage or 110% weapon damage as physical damage (and that the highest is always chosen.....% numbers can vary, but it would deal holy damage at first and after a few sudners it would do physical)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    The point of dual scholl was that the school to which the target has the lowest ressistance will be chosen....since no holy ress exists in game it will ALWAYS do holy damage >.>

It would be unique if it were soemthing like this:

Crusader STrike does 80% weapon damage as HOLY damage or 110% weapon damage as physical damage (and that the highest is always chosen.....% numbers can vary, but it would deal holy damage at first and after a few sudners it would do physical)
    yes, holy has no resistance so there is no need for dual-school, lol. you beat me to it.

also, I'm all about making our attacks do more holy dmg and less physical dmg. (dont forget sunders are maxed out at 12%, not 20% anymore, but i know that wasnt your point). I like your idea, but here is mine. Give us a CD type button to mash that makes all our attacks count as holy dmg. Whether its useable at the same time of Avenging Wrath is debateable(probably a bit OP with AW, so maybe they are exclusive), but Ret and Prot could use it for increased dmg/threat, and if you wanted to add a talent to Holy that made this ability reduce mana cost of all Heals for the same duration, it could work for them too.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    yes, holy has no resistance so there is no need for dual-school, lol. you beat me to it.
    It depends.

If a spammable spell (like Exorcism) is made into a Holyfire damage school, then it can still be cast while locked out of the Holy school of magic.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It depends.

If a spammable spell (like Exorcism) is made into a Holyfire damage school, then it can still be cast while locked out of the Holy school of magic.
    I see. In that case, it would then hit for fire dmg and not holy dmg and possibly be resisted? I guess its better than being comepletly locked out of our spells. But that really isnt the case since some of our spells are physical, so we aren't ever fully locked out anyway. Right?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I guess Holy-Paladins will get some sort of HoT, at least that would be something useful when it comes to arena games...being locked out by a mage/warlock/rogue/warrior/shaman/dk and not really being able to do something in the meantime (I do not consider the Flash of Light-HoT to be all that amazing and Sacred Shield is almost instant LOLPURGE or LOLSPELLSTEAL for any non-retarded opponent) seems kinda unfair when compaired to PW:Shield+Renew+500crapbuffssomycraphotsandshieldwontbedispelled or 216 HoTsthathealmewhenpurgedlol...dunno about shamans though, I guess Earthshield can be dispelled, too....
    oh...and I'm sure they'll get this and a fitting Arena-Set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PoCWoAKMoY