Thread: Wild Mushroom

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wild Mushroom

Lets have a specific post about Wild Mushroom

This is a very currious ability. I am not sure what to make of it. It seems like Blizzard wants to give us more options to do AOE damage. But for some reason, Blizzard thinks that it is fine to do on a single target fight as well, probably when it is buffed by eclipse. I think of it somewhat like warlock’s Seed of Corruption, although it doesn’t require damage to explode.

We can probably only have one mushroom up at the same time. Casting it again will probably simply detonate it ahead of time, which is the only reason I can come up with to why we have the ability to explode it at will. If we simply plant it in a pack of mobs, or near the boss, it probably wont explode before it turns invisible, but if we detonate before it turns invisible, it might blow up right away. But if we can simply detonate it right when we spawn it, the damage would have to be comparable to starfire and wrath, because otherwise we wouldn’t use it on a single target unless we are moving around. It is probably nature damage, and would affect our eclipse meter as well.

I must be honest, this ability confuses me a little bit, but once we get more information on it, and are able to brood over the posibilities more, a way of using this will probably arise. In any case, it sounds like a fun little “proximity mine”, and I am sure that PvP’ers will love to set up traps in BG’s and arenas.

Re: Wild Mushroom

from a pvp perspective this ability looks like it would be fun, just wonder if rogues will have the ability to "neutralize" it like they can disarm traps

I think it would be pretty funny if you could have more than one, I'm picturing balance druids on defense in WSG filling the flag room or the tunnel with exploding mushrooms...

Seems like a fun ability, kind of like an explosive trap + trap launcher from hunters in 1 spell
    Multiplayer games I play:
    Terraria
    Magicka
    Dota 2

As it reads, I see this Wild Mushroom ability working like the new Hunter's traps...that is, you'll be able to pick a spot on the ground to sprout up this shroom and when enemies approach it, the ability's affects will trigger.

I agree that Boomkin needed this AOE change and this spell seems like it could look pretty cool to cast/trigger.
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah17
    I think it would be pretty funny if you could have more than one, I'm picturing balance druids on defense in WSG filling the flag room or the tunnel with exploding mushrooms...

Seems like a fun ability, kind of like an explosive trap + trap launcher from hunters in 1 spell
    10 druids + 1 tunnel = endless possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    10 druids + 1 tunnel = endless possibilities!
    Just think of premade WSGs!

I'm hoping druids are limited to one mushroom at a time.

Deleted

I really dont think that we will have more mushroom than one. That is just way too imbalanced. What boggles me, though, is the ability to detonate it at will. Why would we want this if there is nobody around to take the hurt? It may be that we would use this for single target DPS, but it really sounds weird to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    As it reads, I see this Wild Mushroom ability working like the new Hunter's traps...that is, you'll be able to pick a spot on the ground to sprout up this shroom and when enemies approach it, the ability's affects will trigger.

I agree that Boomkin needed this AOE change and this spell seems like it could look pretty cool to cast/trigger.
    Moonkins have some of the strongest AOE in the game. With 2/2 gale winds, hurricane and starfall will rip people apart. Back in the days on Anub 25 heroic, hurricane did more damage than, say, Rain of Fire or Blizzard or whatnot.

League of Legends + Teemo = This ability

I have to admit I like the BoomShroom a lot. To me it sounds sort of like a shaman's Fire Nova. Just a nice little AoE burst to merge into our rotation at key moments. Plus, it can be planted at range. I can totally imagine the fun to be had by rooting or cycloning a target in place and dropping a shroom next to them so when they break, you can unleash the fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I really dont think that we will have more mushroom than one. That is just way too imbalanced. What boggles me, though, is the ability to detonate it at will. Why would we want this if there is nobody around to take the hurt?
    the mushroom only explodes if people run right through it, if they just run around you have to detonate it manually.

WTB Herbalists being able to pick the mushroom.

Also, gone are the days of rogues stealth re-capping your tower and/or bunker in AV!

this move can be made alot more interesting if they stood true to the meaning of shrooms and gave the druid multiple mushrooms instead of just one

maybe something like this

psychedelic shroom: causes the target to hallucinate or shuffles their user interface for 6 seconds...basically all their moves will not be where they expect lol this would be very interesting for pvp.

death cap shroom: same as the shroom they suggested.

super mario shroom: makes the victim giant in size; however, makes abilities cost twice as much whether it be rage energy mana runic power.

these are just some funny ideas lol but i would like to see multiple mushrooms for the druid.

I think the PVP applications of this ability are going to be pretty awesome. Plant one at a key location such as around a pillar, near eyes (if it comes to that), or where your healer/teammate is in need of help to try to deter the opponent from attacking him. It looks to be a pretty exciting spell.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

IMO Wild Mushroom should apply a disorient effect if somebody runs right over it.

That would make it the single most entertaining spell in the entire game.

"Damn Druids in AB!! I go to cap the point, hit the Invisible mushroom and next thing I know I'm tripping balls and stumbling around like an idiot!!! QQ QQ QQ"

heh all i can think of is cyclone lock, drop a thousand mushrooms. target dead gg

Now i'll have an even better excuse for calling them Shroomkins!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Baubles
    from a pvp perspective this ability looks like it would be fun, just wonder if rogues will have the ability to "neutralize" it like they can disarm traps
    I'd find it very hard to believe that we could "disarm" them somehow, considering it's a plant and not something mechanical. Though, thinking anything logically in terms of WoW is silly I guess.
    I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Wild Mushroom : Causes XXXX nature damage to targets caught in AoE range when detonation ocures. Also causes affected targets to be "Blurred". (imagine the drinking effect from booze in WoW)

Don't you think it's a little too early too tell? :-\