Thread: Radiance Aura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Radiance Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus
    This is weird.

Yesturday I was hoping paladins would get a new aura in Cata that would benefit holy pallys.

And now here we are..
    A passive aura that requires no mana and is fire and forget?

No. Not a chance.

Well...maybe for out of combat health regen to lower downtime, but even then doubtful. The aura was removed from alpha for a reason.

EJL

Your not a paladin, your a sparkly douchebag in a tree.
    Don't be such a a vagine man

Interesting fine none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Redirect is the spin-off for it.
    Well yeh we already had a spell called Focused Attacks :P

Interesting though seeing the links between the essences attacks and potentially ours..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

If this things come there are only two possiblities:
    a) Healing Stream Totem
    b) Cooldown like aura mastery that gives a nice AoE heal for some seconds. A fire and forget tranquility (or healing rain)

Anything stronger than healing stream totem would generate to much healing for a single class/raid member.
    And would make HoT's do top of the raid quite obsolete

Vitae of Holy Light, think shaman earthshield for the whole party, but only 1 charge, lasts 60 seconds or untill consumed. (sure I ripped it off from EQ, but isn't that where WOW came from).

Beacon of Light reworked to be more like prayer of mending, only 1 charge but a bigger heal.

protection tree will get a "holy pledge" - basically a copy of demo shout / roar, but holy based.

retribution will get ZEAL, no charges / combo points but each additional attack increases damage till you cast judgement on your target. the names may not be correct, but instead of facerolling divine storm / concecrate, there will be a cumulative ramp up in damage when you can keep your rotations, sure blizzard has said they want paladins less faceroll, well this is it.

"The Paladin sparkles with resplendant light, healing nearby allies for 890(+0.25*SP) every 2 sec.
    If more than 1 of any of the paladins auras is active the healing is increased by 2%(up to a maximum of 10%), Radiance Aura will not be able to stack, but if more than 1 of that aura is used, the one that heals the most will overwrite the other, and the other one will just increase the healing done by the other aura by 2%"

Yes/No?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx

'makes the paladin sparkle...' I stopped reading there.
    lol! can you imagine the belf fairy paladins sparkle? xD
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think Rain of Chaos has anything to do with the warlock spell. They're both green, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    A passive aura that requires no mana and is fire and forget?

No. Not a chance.

Well...maybe for out of combat health regen to lower downtime, but even then doubtful. The aura was removed from alpha for a reason.

EJL
    It was removed because shamans do the same thing. With mages getting BL what makes you think they wont do the same for pallies? Also they would never add a pally ability that was so brainless... oh.. wait.

They could create an aura that charges your subscription fee once every 3 seconds to your bank card.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    They could create an aura that charges your subscription fee once every 3 seconds to your bank card.
    They did that in WAR. :P

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/wa...cending&page=1
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    It was removed because shamans do the same thing.
    It was removed because it was OP and hard to balance. Shamans don't have the same thing....Healing stream requires a Totem, which requires a direct action to plant as well as mana, and has a vulnerability. Its about as close to Radiance as you an get. Not to mention joL does pretty much the same function.

**IF** Radiance comes in, it'll be an activated spell with a mana cost and duration.

EJL

I've read somewhere that they want auras to play some bigger part in paladin's playstyle. But I guess many paladins would be disappointed if they get some more buttons to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman
    I've read somewhere that they want auras to play some bigger part in paladin's playstyle. But I guess many paladins would be disappointed if they get some more buttons to use.
    Yes... with the exception of all of my bartender being completely full and using every single button on it during a raid... yea. Id hate to have more buttons cuz ret is LOL 3 buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Yes... with the exception of all of my bartender being completely full and using every single button on it during a raid... yea. Id hate to have more buttons cuz ret is LOL 3 buttons
    JoL/CS/Ds/HoW/Exo/consecration
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    6 buttons you sir are not a ret!

Deleted

I have seen that article on WoW.com and looks indeed a good catch. Maybe slightly modified but looks like a good candidate to be new Holy ability. Still two to go...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    JoL/CS/Ds/HoW/Exo/consecration
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    6 buttons you sir are not a ret!
    i also use flash of light on fights where healing is hard. Like sindragosa. Lately im using salvation alot more.specially in pugs

and dont forget our gold saver, DI

but dont change this in a "how many buttons ret uses topic"