Thread: Camo Problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Camo Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Asjar
    this maybe doesn't even fit in here, and i maybe misunderstood the ability but,

Does it protect u from something like algalons big bang?

Just from a pve view
    Algalon's big bang is physical aoe damage, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    Algalon's big bang is physical aoe damage, so no.
    Wouldnt matter if it were physical dmg, a hunter would be able to avoid another hunters moves in camo. Still physical but still ranged. Thing that makes it unavoidable is that its aoe. Physical or spell has nothing to do with it.

I think the way it works is - unless ur in melee range or being AE'd - everything is LOS.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I think the way it works is - unless ur in melee range or being AE'd - everything is LOS.
    This is what i got from it too, but it also breaks off any damage done to you, which mean it will break right away in pvp. I imagine this skill will be greatly changed or even replaced by the time cata goes live.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    This is what i got from it too, but it also breaks off any damage done to you, which mean it will break right away in pvp. I imagine this skill will be greatly changed or even replaced by the time cata goes live.
    Expecting changes. Since it's one time use only, after you open with an attack, it's gone. Even if you use it again, you will have dots on you, which will break it since the ability does not remove any dots or snares. It has to be changed so we can use it while in combat, and it acts as a defensive burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Im glad all you nerds are freaking out when we havnt even started beta yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bootyhunta
    Im glad all you nerds are freaking out when we havnt even started beta yet.
    Thanks for ur solid imput. Now go hav sex with ur blow-up doll.

OT: Dont think they will put this straight into the game as is. Need more info about the mechanics.

"There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli

Agreed. I think you'll see smoke bomb and fog wall changed before going live too. These new mechanics are going to be very hard for blizz to make feel right.

Keep in mind all of these 85 skills are aimed towards rated bg's.

i cant believe ppl are so negative about this. ppl just want everything handed to them.

this is an awesome talent for hunters that has alot of potential. people just have to learn to use it (oh i forgot, this is wow - small learning curve means stupid ppl have issues)

Quote Originally Posted by shögon

i cant believe ppl are so negative about this. ppl just want everything handed to them.

this is an awesome talent for hunters that has alot of potential. people just have to learn to use it (oh i forgot, this is wow - small learning curve means stupid ppl have issues)
    Ah yes potential... We can do bonus damage at the start of an arena match and that's it, even if it is usable in combat, it doesn't matter.

Every ranged class has an AoE, and they'll be able to see you, according to GC, so once you pop Camo, every ranged class (except Shadow Priests lawl) can just AoE out of Camo, effectively making it useless, unless you pop camo, and use a shot right afterwards, which has limited PvP utility other than increasing damage

Take out the AoE part, and it will actually be a useful defensive CD for hunters, other than Lawlterrence, disengage, and kiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Deleted

To people who is saying that camo is useless in pve.. wtf..? Ever heard of vanish...?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk
    To people who is saying that camo is useless in pve.. wtf..? Ever heard of vanish...?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It is *not* stealth. Your enemies will never wonder where you are. We're trying to use the new Cataclysm water effect to put a shimmering PREDATORy visual on you. It's protection from ranged attacks and it gives you some combat bonuses, but it's not like Shadowmeld or rogue / druid stealth where players can't find you.

As most of you know, we tried Camo once before, but because it was true stealth it was very hard to balance, plus it felt like we were just handing out the same cool abilities to every class instead of coming with unique mechanics. Hunters were so overwhelmingly excited about the basic idea that we wanted to try it again, but not as stealth.
    ever heard of reading all about the ability?