Signs of Masochism: Playing Enh in Cata (according to class previews)

I was having a conversation with a couple of buddies of mine, and I made the comment that I don't plan to switch specs in Cataclysm even though AS OF NOW (which really means very little) Enhancement is looking pretty ugly. I have been playing Enh for 2 years now, and it is the only class/spec I have played/care to play. I feel like my play style/identity as an Enhancement shaman is as much a part of my WoW experience as anything. For that reason, I made the statement "I would rather play Enh, and if its that bad quit playing WoW, than switch specs". I know there are others of you out there. So my question to my fellow Enhancement brethren... does not wanting to change your class/spec to boost your effectiveness, even to the point of hating WoW make you a masochist, or at the very least, someone who likes to be the person in misery? More importantly, why have you stuck with Enhancement through the hard times? Lastly, I would like to point out that I really like where Enh is at right now, from a PvP perspective... and even though it has always been challenging and even underpowered at times, I still love it.

To clarify why I feel that Enhancement is looking pretty bad, I will make a couple points. Again, I know this is all based on the speculation of class previews which are in the works, but granted...

1. Dispel Changes: Losing poison and disease cleanse for curse removal is just painful. Resto will get defensive magic dispel, but I'm talking about Enh here.

2. Spiritwalkers Grace: It isn't really going to help us very much. Granted it will be nice to run and heal, or even cast a LB, but isn't that basically what we already do with MSW?

3. Unleash Weapon: Seems cool for Enh, and I'm not complaining, but just doesn't feel groundbreaking at all, not to mention all shaman get it, although it will be more effective with both weapons.

4. Time Warp/BL change: Although we don't know what exactly time warp will do for passive haste, I just feel a bit bummed that we are sharing our single most class defining ability. I suppose it was due though.

5. Our Mastery, "Nature Damage" although it might be very effective just seems really uninspired... elemental overload sure looks cool though.

6. Read any of the other class changes/new spells. Some of them just sound so cool (or so overpowered) it almost makes me wish that I had a mage, rogue, or priest. Let's not even get started on PMR in Cata!

Please refrain from bringing up specific points about the class previews here... there is a sticky forum post for that.

Re: Signs of Masochism: Playing Enh in Cata (according to class previews)

uninformed QQ thread made on very limited information.

that's the TLDR here folks.

now is not the time to start complaining about how each and everyone feels their class got slighted by the blue posts this week.... wait to let loose that bilgewater when the beta starts up and we see how the classes actually function under the new changes.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account

All I see here is a bunch of QQ'ing from someone that A. Hasn't played the beta yet like the rest of us and therefore doesn't actually know how the mechanics are going to play out DPS wise or other, and B. Just likes to be stubborn. Try a new spec, there are other specs and classes in WoW for a reason.

I attempted to make disclaimers that I fully understand that these are just previews that are likely to change... sigh

2) useful any time you do not have 5 stacks and need to move even 1 step. SUPER useful, especially while leveling and in dungeons
    3) Will feel unique and different between specs
    4) Totems and elemental shields are the most class-defining skills for shaman according to ghostcrawler. Any time there is a shaman, they will most likely still be the ones using it, so mages can save their movement CD. You won't see it, since you never will be in a group without a shaman.
    5) yeah, kinda boring. Most dps specs are. What would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    I attempted to make disclaimers that I fully understand that these are just previews that are likely to change... sigh
    it's more than just the previewed items that are likely to change.... how you play as an enhancement shaman is goign to change and the better part of every tree will most likely be getting altered quite noticably.

we as players can't take away any great deal of info based on what's written on the first couple pages of this website alone. Frankly, I don't care if you tried to put a disclaimer on it you still made a deal about how butthurt you're feeling from readin the pointless info that's not even half done.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

It stinks that Hybrids are, once again, getting screwed on abilities. The "pure" classes all get 3 brand new abilities that are useful no matter what spec they use. Enhancement is getting 1 great new skill, 1 useless one, and 1 that is (so far) pretty half assed sounding.

At the least, Healing Rain should be put in the Resto tree and we get something else that will also be fun for Enh and Elemental.

Please OP quit wow now! Before you find out that you have no idea about mechanics in cataclysm, and you will stay here creating fail topics

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo
    Please OP quit wow now! Before you find out that you have no idea about mechanics in cataclysm, and you will stay here creating fail topics
    Please stop trolling. The op is in my opinion, one of the best notified pvp enhance shamans. He is the only person who has created guides on enh pvp. He came here to create a discussion. Next time, think if other people want to read your post before you hit that "Post" button.

Moderator, please remove the quoted post.

ps - <3 Ghrunt
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Please stop trolling. The op is in my opinion, one of the best notified pvp enhance shamans. He is the only person who has created guides on enh pvp. He came here to create a discussion. Next time, think if other people want to read your post before you hit that "Post" button.

Moderator, please remove the quoted post.

ps - <3 Ghrunt
    Maybe he is whatever best shman bla bla (in your opinion)...But srsly, there is thousands of this stupid nonsense topics and it deserves nothing more than trolling....

This isn't what I got from the preview at all. What I got from the preview was that there is potential for enh shaman to remain great dmg dealers in the right hands. I say "right hands" because it looks like we're still going to have heavy gcd management by gaining a few more spells into the mix we are going to want to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo
    Maybe he is whatever best shman bla bla (in your opinion)...But srsly, there is thousands of this stupid nonsense topics and it deserves nothing more than trolling....
    Signs of Masochism: Playing Enh in Cata (according to class previews) New ghrunt 11 631 Last post April 11, 2010, 09:16:41 am
    by Xelios
    Dwarf shamy (inside) New wiggins 11 1457 Last post April 11, 2010, 09:15:41 am
    by Aoundril
    Mages gaining Timewarp « 1 2 ... 11 12 » sbarro777 176 19194 Last post April 11, 2010, 08:03:42 am
    by Ashya
    haste question (the more the better or stop at 1s LB when hero) Hoptam 4 403 Last post April 11, 2010, 07:57:02 am
    by Hoptam
    [NEW ABILITY] Unleash Weapon Discussion Mem 5 425 Last post April 11, 2010, 07:50:58 am
    by Bit
    Shammy. A TotemThrower! or? Crelle013 3 290 Last post April 11, 2010, 07:42:41 am
    by ghrunt
    [Shaman] levelling without heirloom New « 1 2 » iLive 20 712 Last post April 11, 2010, 07:41:14 am
    by Elysia
    CATA Mana Regen and Spirit New Mem 2 61 Last post April 11, 2010, 07:38:23 am
    by klimon
    The Ultimate Shaman UI - v2.0 Live!! ( 1600 x 1024 Version now available! ) « 1 2 ... 73 74 » Shamtasticle 1100 204538 Last post April 11, 2010, 04:06:37 am
    by Shamtasticle
    (Video) Cataclysm Class Preview: Shaman YouTubes Ziified 0 126 Last post April 11, 2010, 03:36:25 am
    by YouTubes Ziified
    Anyone else think Healing Rain will be changed? New « 1 2 » Sengura 22 2181 Last post April 11, 2010, 03:18:54 am
    by Srsbznss
    Big flaws in Spiritwalkers Grace « 1 2 ... 5 6 » Gunwolf 79 8907 Last post April 11, 2010, 02:05:51 am
    by pomop
    2Her use and Shaman tanking - Official thread « 1 2 ... 7 8 » Levva 112 33838 Last post April 11, 2010, 12:00:33 am
    by Terraform
    Earth shield and Grid charrge 10 454 Last post April 10, 2010, 11:42:36 pm
    by Kacie
    Cataclysm=Movement? New « 1 2 » Dystonia 18 1682 Last post April 10, 2010, 09:38:24 pm
    by Italiano1
    A Request for more Spirit Animals New Keldan 5 331 Last post April 10, 2010, 09:10:06 pm
    by Ravasha
    What professions? General Vezax 3 181 Last post April 10, 2010, 06:47:54 pm
    by eeva
    Time warp??? Darkakuma 7 456 Last post April 10, 2010, 06:43:01 pm
    by Pearroc
    Mages and Timewarp movement speed. New Barky 14 935 Last post April 10, 2010, 06:42:16 pm
    by Pearroc
    Healing Rain Song New saelthos 9 716 Last post April 10, 2010, 05:57:43 pm
    by Eliot123
    So who is going to... New Kärmä 13 1117 Last post April 10, 2010, 04:30:02 pm
    by Cadamon
    Rate the Shaman above you. New « 1 2 ... 77 78 » Varithorn1 1162 44058 Last post April 10, 2010, 04:19:17 pm
    by skankyy
    ele 25m Festergut dps New
    The only other thread that is remotely similar to this is the one about Unleashed weapon. However this is about enhancement as a whole.

Although on a semi side note, i do feel it is far too early to even think of how any spec will pan out in cataclysm. Not only are all the specs going to be changing, but abilities as well as how everything scales in cataclysm. Healing will not increase much, MS effects are reduced to 20%, health is increased dramatically, and the list goes on. So until cataclysm hits, it really is too soon to start judging how any class will be in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

wow exists for more than 5 years.

wotlk runs for roughly one and a half year now.
    how blizzard fails to see what we need is beyond me.

the answer: they simply dont care.

ferals get their interrupt ability ( not sure about ret ), but we still lack any skill to pressure healers in pvp ( besides purge, which gets nerfed )

the tools to pressure healers are:
    good cc ( fail hex )
    good reliable burst ( windfury rng, maelstrom stacking )
    an ms effect
    an silence
    an good dispell ( incoming purge nerf ( increased mana costs and lower mana pool ) and poison/disease removal )
    an good stun ( lol stoneclaw and wolves bash :-X )

we lack good survivability ( ferals get everything they need passive in cat form ( increased heal received in cat form, along with increased movement speed, reduced fear duration, reduced dmg taken while stunned, more hp/armor in bear form, immune to polymorph passivle, better cc, un snare/rootable because of shift, two gap closers, stealth, stuns, reliable bursts, undispellable bleed effects...

as it currently looks, im either rerolling from troll enhance to troll feral come cata, or quitting the game ( to answer your question )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    The only other thread that is remotely similar to this is the one about Unleashed weapon. However this is about enhancement as a whole.

Although on a semi side note, i do feel it is far too early to even think of how any spec will pan out in cataclysm. Not only are all the specs going to be changing, but abilities as well as how everything scales in cataclysm. Healing will not increase much, MS effects are reduced to 20%, health is increased dramatically, and the list goes on. So until cataclysm hits, it really is too soon to start judging how any class will be in cataclysm.

Because the majority of the QQing threads have been locked and either dropped off or been deleted.
    We have no idea what new talents we will recieve yet, nor how the class will work. So making posts like complaining about the furture of Enhacement, when you don't know it (apart from a tiny preview), is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    wow exists for more than 5 years.

wotlk runs for roughly one and a half year now.
    how blizzard fails to see what we need is beyond me.

the answer: they simply dont care.

ferals get their interrupt ability ( not sure about ret ), but we still lack any skill to pressure healers in pvp ( besides purge, which gets nerfed )

the tools to pressure healers are:
    good cc ( fail hex )
    good reliable burst ( windfury rng, maelstrom stacking )
    an ms effect
    an silence
    an good dispell ( incoming purge nerf ( increased mana costs and lower mana pool ) and poison/disease removal )
    an good stun ( lol stoneclaw and wolves bash :-X )

we lack good survivability ( ferals get everything they need passive in cat form ( increased heal received in cat form, along with increased movement speed, reduced fear duration, reduced dmg taken while stunned, more hp/armor in bear form, immune to polymorph passivle, better cc, un snare/rootable because of shift, two gap closers, stealth, stuns, reliable bursts, undispellable bleed effects...

as it currently looks, im either rerolling from troll enhance to troll feral come cata, or quitting the game ( to answer your question )
    Omanley, right now all your posts have been constant whining or QQ. If you hate the class and the direction its been going in for over 2 years, surely you would of changed by now. Shamans are doing fine in pvp, not perfect, but doing well.
    We have a good pvp cc, Hex is fantasticly underated. Doing a blind/hex combo generally wins games (for example). Just because its not spammable, does not make it bad. Also Enhancement can do it instantlly, which is pretty much game over if trinket or no curse dispellers are on the other team.
    I agree with the reilable burst, but agian if we are complaining about Cata, we have no idea how the damage breakdown of abilitys will look.
    Enh does not need MS. Enough classes bring it and Enh does enough damage as it is.
    A silence? We can interupt every 6 seconds for 2 seconds, at range and off the GCD.
    Purge is an awesome dispell. Yeh its being nerfed in cata, with every other single dispell.
    Survivability, ummm... Wolves and shamistic rage are fantastic when you know how to use them well.

Remeber blizz does not balance wow pvp 1v1. If I don't purge down the other teams preist, stop the other dps from peeling and interupt then my rogue would have a pretty hard time killing him.

Anyways locking another thread that is complaining about stuff we don't know about yet. If you want to discuss the abilitys and how it effects Enhancement post in the stickies.