10+ Year Old Account

please help me with my hps

Hi Guys-
    As we have been progressing through ICC10 (yes, I sadly do not have enough time IRL to focus on 25man content) I have noticed that I am slowing dropping below our holy pally/resto druid. I have some log info from worldoflogs, and was wondering if any of you would be nice enough to drop me some constructive feedback regarding my spell priority, and whatnot. When I heal I try to follow a few rules as holy;

1) PoM and CoH should be on cooldown at all times

2) If PoM and CoH are on cooldown I should cast renew unless I proc a surge of light

3) If a surge of light procs I cast a flash heal, at 3 stacks of serindipity I cast a PoH or Gheal as needed

If I am missing out on something, or just completely outdated in my healing tactics I would LOVE some clarificaiton, I have included my armory, as well as some world of logs info below;

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ist&cn=Sistine

WorldofLogs for this past Tuesday:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/b5ye8kmy7ordlxd2/

ANY feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: please help me with my hps

Never wait for 3 stacks of Serendipity to cast PoH. You cast PoH when 3 or more people in a group has taken damage. Because you're going to use PoH more, I suggest taking 1 point out of SoL and 1 out of Inner Focus and go 2/2 Healing Prayers. I also suggest getting the PoH glyph, since glyph of renew is actually a loss of HPS(very slight) and you're going to be using PoH more often. Save SoL procs for when someone needs a 6k heal to save them from death.

And the last thing, Paladins and Druids will beat priests most of the time on HPS, but don't get discouraged, as long as no one died, you're doing fine.

15+ Year Old Account

/recount toggle

HPS doesn't really matter as long as no one dies and the boss is down. Holy Paladins and Resto druids generally speaking have a higher HPS than priests. I wouldn't look too much into it.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

You're basically using the cookie cutter 25man spec, which I think is a little bit lacking in 10mans because (in my 10mans at least) I do have to heal the tanks here and there.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuZfxpcbzqqhMIuAo:0Nf
    This is what my spec looks like more or less. I think the only difference with mine is that I took Inner Focus away and got 2/2 Healing Prayers.
    I also keep several glyphs of PoH and renew in my bags and swap between those 2 depending on the fight.

I don't particularly like your gemming either. I think 20 spirit gems are outdated across the board and you'll be doing yourself a favor to lean towards more spellpower and more haste.

I'm not a WoL guru, but whenever I look at healing meters of any kind and see something like:

| CoH | 28%
    | PoM | 22%
    | Renew | 19%

Something like that just looks weird. I cannot see CoH being that much higher relative to your other spells, the gap in % is just too big. I'm an officer in my guild now and when I see other holy priests looking like that I just tell them to push more buttons. If you're locking up every single GCD then I think you might be falling into a rotation too much.
    Most times that you would spend 5 GCDs rolling renew on a group can be substituted by using ~2 seconds to PoH that group. My only other dispute with the 'rotation' mindset is that CoH shouldn't neccesarily be on cooldown always.

As others have said in other threads, CoH is a clean up spell. If it's the first spell you go to every time you're 'hurting' yourself (on the meters).
    CoH --> PoH = PoH will overheal a ton if your other healers are any good.
    PoH --> CoH = PoH probably won't overheal as much and CoH will top people off.
    Just that 1 GCD can make a world of difference because it gives the other healers more time to react and causes you to overheal.

One other thing. In a 10man raid, don't be afraid to just cast flash heal here and there. The tanks always need some kind of healing and if you toss a filler FH here and there you'll help keep up Serendipity for when you need it. (Especially helpful since you don't have much haste atm)

Last thing. You're specced into Body and Soul. Those 2 talents spent are invaluable if you USE them. If you don't feel like you're getting your money's worth from B&S, toss it.

10+ Year Old Account

I use body and soul ALL THE TIME, i find it perfect for fights like Rotface and Putricide (red slime). I came under fire in the past from a guild officer who felt that it was a pvp talent, but I have found so many uses for it throughout ICC

Try to heal smarter.. Personally i only use POH when u cant handle the raiddamage. When COH and your other healz are lacking to keep raid up then its POH time. U can only use it once fast, after thats its back to slowmode, so its important to use it when its needed.

Im just gonna comment on the bloodqueen fight, u should be close second after druid. U should be renew spamming on that fight, using surge of light procs on people really low. And using COH when mutiple people need a fast boost.

The druid is number 1 on healz since he healz more then u. Renew is instant, which means u can use two renews instead of doing a casted flashheal.. Its healing like this that doubles your output.

Always heal with instant spells first, since u are able to use alot more of them compared to casted healz. Casted healz are better for quick tank heal or when someone need to be healed up fast and not slow. Since bloodqueen everyone always takes damage, your best spells is renew hands down with mending offcourse. I always mend the lowest player when cooldown is up. Since mending is like a nice free flashheal. To keep it bouncing in rotation, u can save people with it, since sometimes a casted heal is too slow. So mending can save the day..

Also if your other healers suck then u will need to use more POH on bloodqueen.. The healstyle all depends on the other healers too.. If the healing is under control, renew is best, if people get way to low, then using POH will be best to keep them full hp.

conclusion: Your using to much flashheal in your rotation. Using renew alot more instead of flashheal, will make u heal two people in the same timeframe. This will give u more time for your COH to be back of cooldown. Most fights u can heal with renew,pom and COH, i hardly ever use POH. Also be smart when to use COH , its not because coh is off cooldown that u need to use it. U should wait for when u know damage is coming. Lets say on rotface the explosion is gonna come. Your coh is off cooldown 2 second before explosion, if u use it, then u dont have it ready to heal through it if people get hit.Sometimes u need to wait using your spells for the right moments. Play more like a druid with renew and youll healing goes up alot, mainly also because the other healers wont need to heal asmuch U see a druid is taking away healing from u.. The more u heal with renew, the less they heal.. So in the end u will be quite even with the other healers..

ps: Most fun healing was at second boss in icc, when trashpack was pulled + the boss in corner who did constant aoe in a pug. I solohealed through it nicely..Needed an innervate tho hehe. Renew was my friend, since it frees up globals to heal other people.. Putting renew on people is knowing those two will be fine for a while, and u can put your globals on other people. If u only gonna wait for damage and use flashheal u gonna lag behind when the damage starts ticking hehe

Most fights u can heal with renew,pom and COH, i hardly ever use POH.

Play more like a druid with renew and youll healing goes up alot, mainly also because the other healers wont need to heal asmuch Smiley U see a druid is taking away healing from u.. The more u heal with renew, the less they heal.. So in the end u will be quite even with the other healers..

Disregard this advice completely. If you want to heal like a druid then reroll a druid. If I found a priest trying to heal this way in my raid I would kick them and draft a druid. A priest will only embarass themselves trying to heal like a druid while playing a priest. Please go read the healing compendium at elitistjerks for useful advice for keeping your priest competitive on healing meters (as nonsensical as that goal may be).

Quote Originally Posted by derbingle
    Most fights u can heal with renew,pom and COH, i hardly ever use POH.

Play more like a druid with renew and youll healing goes up alot, mainly also because the other healers wont need to heal asmuch Smiley U see a druid is taking away healing from u.. The more u heal with renew, the less they heal.. So in the end u will be quite even with the other healers..

Disregard this advice completely. If you want to heal like a druid then reroll a druid. If I found a priest trying to heal this way in my raid I would kick them and draft a druid. A priest will only embarass themselves trying to heal like a druid while playing a priest. Please go read the healing compendium at elitistjerks for useful advice for keeping your priest competitive on healing meters (as nonsensical as that goal may be).
    To be honest, there is nothing wrong with Renew Spamming. However, don't "rely on it". A holy priest has the luxory of sort of being a jack of all trades. We can HoT spam like a druid, single target heal like paladin, and have abilities that are similar to chain heal from a shaman. What sucks is none of these abilities are actually as good as what the other classes provide individually... but thats why we have the ability to "do it all".

Generally what I do is keep renew up on 1 group, it's easy to maintain and renew does have really great output. Keep PoM on cooldown, CoH Melee unless ranged is stacked, and have well placed PoH's.Not much else to really concern yourself with, save occasional flash heals on tanks or single targets, which again is great to haste up your PoH.

If the paladin and druid are as skilled as you are, there is pretty much no fights as a holy priest you will beat them on, and on several fights you will be crushed. If you are with a paladin and druid, though, you may want to roll Disc. Disc is extremely OP atm and it is much easier to dominate meters with it. Just install skada which is like recount but ads absorbs and heals together... and you will quickly see how dominate a Disc priest is.

Depends on your spec. For standard Renew specs on non-damage aura fights it should be this:

1. PoM if it's not on cooldown.
    2. CoH if you can hit 3 or more targets.
    3. PoH if you can hit 3 or more targets.
    4. Renew anyone taking damage.

SoL procs should be reserved for anyone you believe is about to die and takes priority over PoH unless your PoH will land on a party with multiple people about to die.

'CoH on cooldown' is typically not good advice because it will lead to you wasting a lot of healing. CoH should be used on cooldown only if you can hit several targets. Same with PoH. Then you just Renew spam. On damage aura fights you need to adjust playstyle. If you're using a PoH heavy style then stay with the above but do not cast Flash Heal, use Binding Heal any time you think Flash Heal is required. If you use a Renew heavy playstyle then ignore PoH and just blanket the raid with Renew while keeping PoM and CoH on cooldown.

Just to nitpick, harky.
    Prayer should be bumped up above Circle, with the added context of "3 or more targets in the same group". And even with Renew specs, Flash does have a use outside of Surge of Light (before anyone else jumps in, it's not to stack Serendipity).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

CoH has higher potential healing per execute time unless Serendipity is stacked to 3, which... 'meh'. The only time you CoH as a lower priority is when precasting. You could change it to 'FH/GH tanks if no raid damage is going out', but again... 'meh'. :P

Replace all purified dreadstones with royal dreadstones..
    Don't gem crit, gem haste.

Replace all Runed Cardinal Rubys with Reckless Ametrines. Replace that 20 spirit gem with royal dreadstone.. Get rid of those pvp legs for the 4set =/ I think alot more haste would definitely help your HPS output..

For CD tracking I use tellmewhen.. I put it right above grid so I never miss a CD.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    Replace all purified dreadstones with royal dreadstones..
    Holy... not Disc. Spirit adds Spellpower.

I know, but 10 spirit is like 2.5 spellpower =/ and shitty regen. I don't see why any sorta priest would gem any sorta spirit I suppose. Cept shadow. I guess I prefer longevity though.

Spirit is roughly equal regen to MP5 as Holy and provides SP. Regardless of how little, it is the better stat as Holy.

Disregard my last post then, but I'd still go for haste > crit and reckless ametrine > 23 spellpower. You definitely need more haste. I'm also counting in replenishment which is why I'd choose int over spirit, but Harky is very bright and I respect his opinion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sistine
    I use body and soul ALL THE TIME, i find it perfect for fights like Rotface and Putricide (red slime). I came under fire in the past from a guild officer who felt that it was a pvp talent, but I have found so many uses for it throughout ICC
    Situational uses only. Besides, if you're shielding. A disc priest isn't. not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Just to nitpick, harky.
    Prayer should be bumped up above Circle, with the added context of "3 or more targets in the same group". And even with Renew specs, Flash does have a use outside of Surge of Light (before anyone else jumps in, it's not to stack Serendipity).
    yes to proc holy concentration but empowered renew does the same thing!

She meant to spot heal and help on tanks, I'm sure. Which is completely true.