Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So ... I DC'ed on my first LK kill.

Yesterday, 10/04, my and my guild were having some more attempts on the Lich King 10man normal.
    Wiped on him for a few weeks, and 2 shotted him yesterday.
    But during the roleplay event at 10%, my game decided to crash.
    Tried to log in in a hurry to get back before we all got resurrected, but oh boy oh boy, the login servers were down.
    Result: I missed the kill, achievements, and title.
    Got a ticket open for about a day now, but while waiting I'm going to ask the question:

Will Blizzard give me my kill, and achievement or not?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: So ... I DC'ed on my first LK kill.

Not sure, I know people who have been in similar situations and got the rewards they missed. But I also know people who where told they just had to down the boss again. It really depends on the gm you get. Anyway since your guild downed him there is a good chance you will get your title sooner or later ^^
    Forget everything you know about everything.

They usually don't reimburse achievements that you miss because of releasing/disconnecting, but once you have killed him the first time the second time will be much easier so you should get it soon enough anyway.
    EU|Dragonmaw|Alliance|Glittersmith

No.

They might give you loot, but they never imburse achievements.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

I'm guessing my guild and I

On topic though: Probably not. Something like this happened to one of our dps on putricide once, and he wasn't given anything other than a "oh we are sorry this happened blah blah". I wouldn't worry about it though, you'll get him down next week.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

happened same for my friend in first naxx clear (i know... but it did matter then)

he logged back in before loot was distributed, and sadly he won some :

Gm said he wasn't THERE for kill, so he didn't get achievement or loot

imo you should get achievement and title coz after 10% its sure kill, but idk... i wouldn't bet on it
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

Deleted

Note that I would've been on time to get the kill, but due to the login servers this wasn't possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Delaraniel
    Note that I would've been on time to get the kill, but due to the login servers this wasn't possible.
    exactly what I was thinking.Since you didn't make it because the login servers were down,if you get contacted by a friendly GM you may get your title.
    As others said you'll get it anyway now you have killed him though

I suggest... wait and see?

There's really no point in running to MMO-champion every time some issue comes up, especially not when it concerns a ticket you've written.

There's been cases of such incidents being corrected, but also incidents where nothing happens. Just wait for the Gamemaster to reply.

They never give titles. Sorry bit you are likely boned. If you won loot they might do that and might give you the frost badges.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Just wait until next week, hardly a big deal :S

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    They never give titles. Sorry bit you are likely boned. If you won loot they might do that and might give you the frost badges.
    That's a lie. I ticked 'Realm First! Grand Crusader' 'A Tribute to Insanity' after being on the server for only 2 weeks and got both title and achievements. This wasn't even that long ago.

10+ Year Old Account

Poster above me has some damn luck if he's telling the truth.

Some GMs give it, some GMs don't, gl with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Deleted

They should.

It's their fault ...

Quote Originally Posted by Julex
    Poster above me has some damn luck if he's telling the truth.

Some GMs give it, some GMs don't, gl with it!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-f...7arak&cn=Xeros

EDIT - Just want to clarify.

1) For Realm First achievements, there is not a single GM in the game that can grant Realm First achievements without authorization from Game Developers. If you come to them with an issue such as Realm First titles, they use best judgment to decide if you have a worthy case, and if so, they then ask the Developers their opinion. They monitor all Realm First titles and will not give it out undeserved.

2) Any other achievement will usually have to go through a managing Game Master. If approved by a managing Game Master, any GM can be given the power to do so.

My case - I joined a guild who was waiting the 60 days to get Realm First Grand Crusader for a few of their members. They were on realm for awhile already, and had new members join that were not available for achievement due to the 60 day rule. I guess they never really tried hard for it before.

In my 2nd week there, we got Grand Crusader and after some initial hassle, 5 people were granted the achievement/title

I don't think so, but i surely hope you get your achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Starcaller Xeros
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-f...7arak&cn=Xeros

EDIT - Just want to clarify.

1) For Realm First achievements, there is not a single GM in the game that can grant Realm First achievements without authorization from Game Developers. If you come to them with an issue such as Realm First titles, they use best judgment to decide if you have a worthy case, and if so, they then ask the Developers their opinion. They monitor all Realm First titles and will not give it out undeserved.

2) Any other achievement will usually have to go through a managing Game Master. If approved by a managing Game Master, any GM can be given the power to do so.

My case - I joined a guild who was waiting the 60 days to get Realm First Grand Crusader for a few of their members. They were on realm for awhile already, and had new members join that were not available for achievement due to the 60 day rule. I guess they never really tried hard for it before.

In my 2nd week there, we got Grand Crusader and after some initial hassle, 5 people were granted the achievement/title
    No, they do not ask the freaking devs about peoples titles. The devs have way way way better things to do with their time. They do basically have to ask the next rank of GM/customer service people. That isn't devs though. That'd be some enlisted guy in the army going to talk to the president because technically he's the leader of the military. You're jumping way too many steps up, and several steps to the side tehre buddy.

They tend not to reward quests/achievements and things like that, regardless of the circumstance. This sounds like something that would happen to me tbh . But honestly, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Sounds like the fight finally clicked for you and your guild so they will probably get it in a try or two at most every attempt in the future. Now, if it were a realm first kill or something like a H LK kill, that would be a different story and I'd be one sad panda.

15+ Year Old Account

They will. Just make the Game Master feel bad about the fact that the login servers were down. Tell him that it was your PCs problem that you DCed, but you could still get the kill if the login servers were up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Back when these achievements first came out I discovered that if you hand out loot to someone who happened to have released or dc'd during the kill they would then be awarded the achievement. I'd imagine it might work differently now that you can trade loot though.