Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: How to Raid LATE in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Kirian42
    You either got very, very lucky, or spent lots of money, getting a Battered Hilt.

You are a Fury Warrior.

You did not take the plate DPS sword. Instead, you took the Hunter stat stick.

This shows either a fundamental lack of understanding of your class, or an inability or unwillingness to do basic research, or both. Application rejected out of hand.
    Epic fail is epic ! Seriously, the Str sword is just bad for fury warrior. VERY bad. You want this ArP and this Crit rating, oh yes, you want them. You do NOT want that Haste. Paladins do. But you dont want it. Oh no, you dont. At all. Please, before trying to give lessons, maybe you should try to investigate which sword is actually better for fury warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eläin
    Lets hardball this, the fact that you say u know stuff about warriors is false since the gemming you made after saying "this isnt a rate my armory thread" isnt optimal.
    Also dont make yourself look like a dick when saying you dont wanna quote long texts and then you write a brickwall of basically what could have been explained in 3 sentences to my post (which i thought) would be helpful to you.
    And about the precision talent, it counts for 3% that you dont see on your characters hit table so the yellow hitcap is 163 not your current 146. GG Mr.Warrior master of the universe...

Ive had people like you in my guild before, they explain that they did hardstuff back in the days and are very kind.
    But after 2-3 weeks they start to get annoying and cant take being criticised anymore & whine and cry if they arnt picked to raids.
    Take it easy on the hateposting, your supposed to get feedback on all aspects of your character since people wont belive you know anything about your character unless you cant prove it. And this you cant.
    Imo it doesnt make any sence to even make a thread like this before having your character in the optimal condition
    This made me facepalm. First off, the whole armor situation, I haven't gemmed anything wrong seeing as I haven't touched my gems yet. If you previous posts you would understand why I haven't touched gems etc, I know what to gem lol. About the hit, you are a few days late, my gear has slightly changed, the hit you see now is different. So yea, you just made yourself look like an idiot.
    "Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Love this response - thank you for taking the time to clarify. And I've done the same thing. I am 180 degrees from my previous post re you (if that matters ;D).

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanMD
    I am deeply sorry you were offended by my previous post and hope by posting this I can express myself and ask for forgiveness :-/

I did not intend to bash on him, I just wanted to make sure he knew to think before he spoke. I realize in a way, he was trying to help, but he came across it a little different. The main reason he came across as if he was bashing my character in general, was the fact that despite this thread being about how to get into raids/guilds, he wanted to sit and critique my gear. It was quite irrelevant considering I had even mentioned beforehand the reasoning behind some of the flaws in my warrior. When he then tried to tell me how to fix something, but unintentionally was actually giving me the wrong advice and he had no clue what he was saying, it shot off signals that this guy was a complete idiot. Either way, I was not so much purposely bashing him as I was trying to make sure he didn't go around and critique others before he knew the full story and/or what he was talking about.
    This would totally frustrate me as well. I see what you mean about asking for one thing and then seeming to get another side of advice that you didn't ask for and didn't really want.

I came here for help, yes. And I do admire a lot of you for the help, or the intention to, as you took time out of your day to sit and post here. However, I did not mean to come across as some sort of crappy 12 year old player that needed help on everything. I didn't want to sound cocky, as dumb as that sounds, so I never attempted to express that I was in fact very knowledgeable about my class and most everything. So when I came back to check for some advice, I was a bit angered by so many people trying to critique me as if I was a bad player. Only a few individuals intentionally tried to show flaws in my warrior, to be jerks I guess, so I don't mean to come across like I am saying all of you who tried to correct anything about me are horrible.
    I feel for you here - asking for advice and instead getting critique's on the toon itself. I'm sure you know this, but I bet people were critiquing your toon because having a "perfectly" enchanted/gemmed/prof'd toon is always a necessity when app'ing to the good guilds - even if your gear isn't so hot. What I hear you saying is that you are working on your gear and getting your profs organized and the transition at the moment is just one of those things. But those little things really matter to the good guilds.

Basically, what I am saying here is I was just a bit angered by the tone of the previous user's comments. I guess I read it out of context, or something, so it is my fault if I bashed on his innocent advice.

About the whole guild thing, I am sorry to here that you would not accept me due to this. Unfortunately I do not even know the name of your guild, and I was never intending to apply, so I am not offended when you say you would not accept me. Despite this however, I still want to try and apologize for any offense anyone has taken.
    All I was trying to comment on was the tone of the post I had read - and that it would a little offensive to see something like that from an app - even if you wouldn't have put something like that in your actual application. I was also just theorizing re you actually applying to my guild - sort of a hypothetical. No offense was really taken - I was just struck by the harshness of your previous reply. After reading this response I definitely have a much better understanding of where you are coming from.

And back to the professions..again..lol. I know I "should" get the 2 best (BS/JC) and level 450/450, but unfortunately I am on the verge of spending every last bit of my gold and so I would not be able to do this. This was an alt at one point so I never had the best professions ready to use. Also, I am not looking to continue my career in a "hard core" guild, and although min/maxing your character and dps is always good to do, unfortunately +400 dps (not quite sure what Bs/JC would add specifically, but it would be a small amount of extra dps) is not as big of an issue when you are in a guild satisfied with wiping on Sindragosa 25m. Obviously it is however an issue when you are trying to push for 12/12 hardmodes. So as much as I would like to max my dps, 10k+ (yes, it is that much as last time I leveled blacksmithing on this same server it cost over 6k to get to 390 from AH prices). And also, we are talking about raiding. So as pretty as 450/450 looks, that extra 40-50 skill honestly means nothing, unless you are using a skill that has current patterns to use that require 450 and your guild specifically needs someone with that profession to make them. In which case, BS does fit, but there are about 30 blacksmiths in the guild I am most likely going to.
    Ok, I think this is the most important point you make re your guild searching efforts compared to your personal efforts to get into one, and I'd like to comment on this and "re-rail" the topic back to your original point.

I hear you saying that the significance of being 400/400 vs 450/450 is not a big deal in overall performance, and you're right. However, being 450/450 in your profs (and those profs being ones that are good for raiding) is a HUGE indication of your dedication to not only your toon but also to your personal commitment to raiding and to the guild you will be in. What I'm saying is that all the raiders in a guild that you are looking to join have their profs maxed out - because that's what is required of the PvE "pros". That little bit of dps from each person can make or break a hardmode kill.

And if you are applying to a good PvE guild that is progressing, and if your gear isn't the best, but all your profs are maxed out and your gear is completely enchanted/gem'd to the max, a good guild will overlook your gear issue.

Buying up BoE stuff isn't the best choice either, imo. BoE stuff is usually not Bis (although a few are - which always surprises me) so when you are in a good raiding guild you're replace it. So spending gold on BoE gear may not be the best choice - although I could be wrong on this. When I was a recruiting officer I didn't lend as much credence to BoE gear as I did other things.

I have a very limited time to reply to this before I have to leave for a while. I just wanted to thank you, Cubby, for understanding and replying. Can't go into much detail in this post so I am cutting this short.

1. I wasn't saying I am waiting to fix my gear etc. I was saying I literally haven't had time, or gold as I am in a debate with what I need literally every single piece of my gold for, to correctly gem/enchant my gear. I am not applying to a guild anytime soon so I am not worried about sitting with wrong stuff. The gems I have put in some of my newer gear upon returning to WoW are random gems I have gotten free or extremely cheap that are somewhat relevant to my class/spec, as I cannot afford to spend the gold right now. Remember however, I mentioned I am not going to a guild at this moment, so honestly it doesn't matter until so.

2. I was not saying sitting low in profession is necesarrily amazing or better. I think we are all miscommunicating. I am saying that, in a case like my inscription being 410/450, the extra 40 skill (that someone was saying I was bad because I didn't have it at 450) is worthless to me as I would literally gain nothing. When I say maxxing a profession isn't needed, I am saying maxxing it when you already have ALL raid benefits from that profession. If that profession, like I mentioned earlier, needs to be 450/450 to get all extra benefits, by all means that is absolutely required and is great. I was simply saying for my case all I would get would be more glyphs, in which wouldn't really help me. I also mentioned how I won't be keeping Inscription so maxxing it would be pointless anyways. Most hardcore raiders with professions have them maxxed because generally being maxxed is require for the best professions to get all benefits. That, and they are most likely rich due to constant raiding higher level content, and honestly aren't bother blowing out 4k more to max it when it doesn't necessarily benefit them. So just trying to make it clear I am saying that maxxing a profession isn't needed when you gain nothing (My inscription for example).

Anyways, gotta head out, sorry I haven't put much time into this post or correcting any errors. I would also like to mention my issue has been solved, this is a dead thread and really shouldn't be posted in unless you find it relevant to reply to me.

Thanks all for the help

/thread
    "Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."