Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Favorite Boss Mechanics

Marrowgar's BOOOOOOOOONE STOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM is by far the most difficult yet adrenaline-rushing fight in the game by far.

I like blood princes. It's an easy fight for a group paying attention. But it really shows the half-wits in a group.
    Also lots of stuff going on at once and a bad situation can be salvaged with quick reaction and good players.

I think mine was gahr...

I love the idea of bombs. wasn't gahr the one where it was get out or wipe... Memory fails me. Bombs ftw.... I'd love to see one where you had 2 bombs that had to be near each other or they'd blow up the raid, keep getting more and more pairs(minus the tank) and you all have to stay within, say 10 yards of each other or the raid explodes. 2 of the same bomb together and boom... lol this could cause some fun fighting.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Hogger's Head butt

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

It's still Netherspite for me.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

OS 10 3D . When it was hard ^^
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted

Kael'Thas @ TK, because swimming in the air is fun!

And because it's an awesome fight overall.

Archimonde - Crazy red lasers of death make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    Hogger's Head butt
    It has owned me many a time

My favorite was always Herald Volazj, love the insanity spell where you have to kill your friends. The very first time I did old kingdom, maybe a week or two into wrath, me and my friends were all on vent, and we all started screaming about mind controls and such, until we finally figured out what was going on. Good times.

Other than that, I rather liked thorim in ulduar, with the raid having to split into two, made it seem like a covert ops mission or something.

Instructor Rezuvious... I liked the whole 'mind-control your students to kill you' and he said our fight was honorable. Saths flame wave cracked me up.

My favorite was probably dancing with Heigan.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia
    Aran never did Blizzard the same time flame wrath was active... But yeah it was a cool fight aswell. Also Illhoof when you had early kara gear and had to have mage or lock in a tanking build for the little imps.

Its sad there is not much cool stuff in WotLK.
    Yeah he did, pre-nerf he was a bitch.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    I think mine was gahr...

I love the idea of bombs. wasn't gahr the one where it was get out or wipe... Memory fails me. Bombs ftw.... I'd love to see one where you had 2 bombs that had to be near each other or they'd blow up the raid, keep getting more and more pairs(minus the tank) and you all have to stay within, say 10 yards of each other or the raid explodes. 2 of the same bomb together and boom... lol this could cause some fun fighting.
    Barron Geddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321
    for some reason i always like when The Lurker Below did his water cannon thing and everyone had to dive into the water to avoid it or get shot off 100 yards and die to fish lol
    Lurker was awesome

Deleted

BT and Kara had so many retard checks and fun mechanics I couldn't list them all. The two most memorable to someone new to it were the idiots talking to the ghosts in BT, the chess event of Kara and the frikkin laser beams of Netherspite in Kara

In WotLK

1) Mimiron with Firefighter 25-man heroic was truly epic
    2) Algalon blackholes in conjunction with all the other raid-wide damage going all building up to perfect execution required
    3) Twin Val'kyr orb collecting fun of ToTC/GC
    4) Instructor Razuvious in Naxx - never knew what Mind Control really was until this fight!
    5) and I've always had a soft spot for Thaddius in Naxx - though looking back it was very tame indeed, he was just fun to see who failed

I never did ICC, so probably missed out on a few fun fights. Though at the moment only Valithria Dreamwalker looks different enough from all the usual types of bosses. As a healer, I'd have loved to have done that fight!