Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why do you play bg's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel
    hey

I recently stopped raiding due to bad luck with guilds and dispanding and so on.... just can't be bothered to look for a new guild, it almost feels like applying for a new job, too much work and no fun ;D

So i started playing bg's and a little arena... we are around 1000 rating, so it's just for fun. Hoping to get higher eventually though.

I've been doing a lot of bg's to get my last off pieces, and can honestly say it's a pain sometimes. I play alliance don't know about hordes.

basicly i'm fed up with BG Whiners... people who write in all caps, saying everyone but them is retards, using FFS, OMG, NOOBS, more times than i can count. I just wonder if it's only 10 year old kids or everyone just have really bad manners.

If it's not going too well people just say, "let's just loose this one fast"... What's the point of playing then, do you just want fast epics so you can parade in IF or duel lowbies in goldshire i don't get it.

There's a minimum of constructive conversation going on, people are often just fighting odd places like far away from flags or bases, they only care about killing blows apparently. People don't care about other players in bg's, as a healer i help others when i can, but usually i get nuked for being a healer... and no one really cares.

I guess it has always been like this, i just noticed a lot recently because i played it a lot. I'm fed up....

what do you guys think ??
    The reason people act like that is because it's the internet and they can get away with being some raging idiots and not helping the team. In real life you would get your teeth knocked in and a broken nose if you acted like some of those people do, but since there is no consequence for acting like this in WoW they get away with it and can keep on acting the same way.

There are 2 solutions to this as I see:

1. You can only play with premades and ensure you only play with a nice bunch of people, but this doesn't really solve the core of the problem.

2. Blizzard really starts taking all the flaming, the people that wanna loose for fast honor and just in general all the bad seeds that ruins BG's these days seriously and starts handing out punishments for this kind of behavior. In example they can start banning people from playing in a BG for a few days, remove their honor points or even ban them from the game for a while if they act bad enough.

BG's are just too fun. for example, now that my warrior is decently geared i can grab zerker buff, pop orc racial, and provided trinket procs and buffs, what not, just completely facehump anything not in plate.

10.1k MS crits on disc priests... thats why i play BG's
    Knowledge is a blue item. Rare. You've gotta work for it.

I play BG's for honor for gems, for PvE gear :P

thats the only use for PvP BG's I have
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by bushidox
    might be better to run daily hcs and buy them for triumphs then
    You don't get those with badges lol. Only pieces you can get and at best are the Furious items with triumph, Relentless main-set pieces with frost. Wrathful off-set items are only bought with honor.

But yeah, I play BGs for fun...I enjoy the ones like EotS and WSG, Isles of Conquest is pretty fun as well.

Because i'm the Shadowpriest melting your face.

Troll enjoy it.

I play in Bloodlust BG in US, and there is a group of people called QQ Premades

http://www.queueq.net/

The do cross realm pre-mades (thus versing pugs not other premades. Its all coordinated through vent by a leader and is very enjoyable playing with other mature players who follow strats etc. Sometimes its pure AV farm for 4k honour per match but now there is a trend towards owning everyother BG. Win rate is ~95%

When I play BGs I always group of with some of the people I play arena with, log on skype and have a good time. Learn to ignore or to laugh at the whiners in the chat. If they want to be angry little guys sitting in front of the computer yelling at someone for no good reason, just let them.

Because i like to hammer people hard in my half pvp half 25 man gear sets, throw us a healer and we gonna decimate.

Cuz its fun to only fight bad people for once =o

Because of achivements/titles.
    Because of the gems.
    Because it's fun.

Because I enjoy it, working as a team and such. It's a change from constant leveling, questing and instancing although those are fun too; Battlegrounds can have a better effect on me, the only real thing stopping me from Battleground-spamming is players with Heirlooms. Being 1-shotted by any class with Heirlooms (mostly Paladins, Hunters and Rogues) just ruins the game. :<
    Vojka: You've got to tank a set amount of mobs everytime.
    Maskara: I'm Prot, I can do whatever. If Arms can do it, Prot can do it better. Nuff said. /thread
    Vojka: Lol, cept damage.
    Maskara: Basically.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't do bg's. They're awful.
    Look! Words!

Why do I BG? Obviously it's so I can..

Get blown off the middle in EoTS by a Shaman / Fire mage.
    Get Blown off of Lumber Mill by an Shaman / Fire mage.
    Get camped at Spawn point in AB.
    Get Camped at Graveyard in Warsong Gulch.
    Get killed in the Flag room by anyone who knows what RNG means in Warsong Gulch.
    Run around Middle in Warsong Gulch and watch everyone fight.
    Report myself AFK and everyone else who's in my group.
    Zerg Vann in AV.
    Zerg Drek'thar in AV.
    Zerg Balinda in AV.
    Zerg Galv in AV.
    Die in Field of Strife to a group of rogues.
    Die in Field of Strife to a group of Priests.
    Die in Field of Strife to a Shaman five boxer. LAVA BUUURRRSSSTT!!!!!!!!
    Die in Field of Strife to myself because I decided to jump off Snowfall Graveyard.
    Die in Field of Strife because I lagged. No. Really, I did, honest!
    Die in Field of Strife because I like to give achievements on my mount.
    Sit in a bunker.
    Sit in another Bunker while it's on fire.
    Swarm the SoTA beach and watch everyone die to cannon fire.
    Swarm the SoTA beach and jump up and down under the cannons hoping my judgement will get off.
    Sit in SoTA and hope that me dancing in Mageweave leggings and no top will distract the Alliance or Horde <I play bot factions> from winning.
    Sit in SoTA while I watch my hotpocket spin around.
    Fall off the boat in SoTA and swim to the beach.
    Jump off the Zepplin in IoC.
    Die in the water in IoC.
    Die to a cannon in IoC.
    Dance with Horde in IoC before they kill me.
    Spam /beg /cry /no in IoC before they get to the boss.

Of course! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do I play bg's? Because I like to annoy/wtfpwn hordes. Particularly i like to mind control taurens off the LM cliff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    i didn't bother reading the OP, it's most likly just some shitty thread debating as to how gearscore is good/bad or a comparison to skill again

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/120.html

All you need to know about Alliance PvP. I doubt it's a LOT better amongst the Horde, but on my Battlegroup anyway.. God help anyone who enjoys Battlegrounds. Hopefully rated BGs will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrin
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/120.html

All you need to know about Alliance PvP. I doubt it's a LOT better amongst the Horde, but on my Battlegroup anyway.. God help anyone who enjoys Battlegrounds. Hopefully rated BGs will help.
    alliance on the two bgroups I have been on have rolled horde like 90% of the time

no need for people stratting anymore, people normally know what to do and the people who don't follow us around

1) If you're an above-average PvPer, it's a good place to go for an ego boost. In arena, you're just another face...and many, many people are better than you. However, if you go to a battleground, the skill is much lower there. You're going to be better than most of the people you go against.

2) It's a consistent source of 1vX situations. In BG's...or even duels...the "wow" factor of a 1v1 is lacking. However, BG's give you the opportunity to take on multiple opponents and come out victorious. Mages, locks, and sometimes hunters can have a ball this way. Other classes can 1v2 and, if competition is really bad, occasionally 1v3. You have an excuse if you get fucked. But, if you do the fucking, it feels awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Its rather fun running around with a quality healer from my server, You know the saying A living warlock is a dead everything else

Edit: thou im enjoying world pvp much more these days even if im on a pve server >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    holy nova of righteous flame of righteousness of light of the northern crown of holyness.

'kay.

Clenching my thirst for Alliance souls.

And showing off Deaths Demise. (The entire alliance team rages and just goes for you and you still win)

I play them because of the control. Log on / que up / play / log off. No waiting. If a BG dives down into the world of stupid I switch over the combat tab.