Thread: Stratholme Raid

10+ Year Old Account

Stratholme Raid

I was grinding rep with my Dwarf Pally and the second time i downed Rivendare i went out of the building and looked at the map and noticed an entrance/exit, i go to check it out and theres a closed gate with a Green(raid) portal on the others side.
    Does anyone know where it leads?
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Re: Stratholme Raid

is the old portal to naxx, before they made a magic portal outside.

10+ Year Old Account

really? .......that sucks, i thought it be sumthin different - _-

thnx for answering anyway

(started playing when BT went live OTL)

i wanted to play Vanilla so much ; A;
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

never realised that...

so way back when naxx was first released you had to run strat to even get there?

Same with BWL... you had to run through UBRS (or maybe LBRS... I forget)

Entrance to MC is in BRD

I think runing those dungeons before getting to raid was kinda cool idea :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gobber
    never realised that...

so way back when naxx was first released you had to run strat to even get there?
    Nope. It was intended as a sort of alternative entrance. But, as the whole BWL from UBRS and MC from BRD entrances weren't really working out that well, it was always closed. I believe. Don't quote me on this, though.

Nah it's cause you couldn't have 40 ppl running through BRD to get into MC etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gazaa
    is the old portal to naxx, before they made a magic portal outside.
    In all the time I've played WoW (since open beta), I don't recall ever seeing the portal in use. It was always theorised as being an extended Strat raid that never happened.

But on that note, more Stratholme ftw!

Edit, from wowwiki:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowwiki.com/Stratholme
    It is interesting to note that there is a raid Instance portal at the end of the instance, outside the Slaughter Square. This cannot lead to Naxxramas, as it used to be floating above the city, though the teleporter may have once been meant to be inside the ruins. There are ruined flags carrying the insignia of Lordaeron inside the tunnel, which are not seen anywhere else inside Stratholme.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

The portal was never reachable. And it was there way before Naxx was patched into the game.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Tirion_Azuremyst
    In all the time I've played WoW (since open beta), I don't recall ever seeing the portal in use. It was always theorised as being an extended Strat raid that never happened.

But on that note, more Stratholme ftw!
    You can get into the portcullis if you were a ghoul during the Scourge invasion, which would lead to the Naxx loading screen (though it would just crash and you would need a GM to remove you).
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Just like in MC you can summon into the instance, all you need to do is to do the atunement.
    There is a Ziggurat (like the ones in WC 3) outside that has a portal on top and to use it you needed to have an item equipped, dont remmember what it was.

MC had the "Atunement to the Core" quest where you had to get into the BRD instance right to the portal where you found the stone and when you delivered the quest the blood elf outside could port ya in. You could enter MC with the portal inside BRD, you didn't need attunement for that.

Same goes for Blackwing Lair. There was a atunement quest requiered for that to (I think).
    And don't forgot Onyxia's Lair.

All atunement's are now gone aswell is the "Lady Onyxia" NPC in SW meaning allys wouldnt be able to do it anyways.

Deleted

Never saw that portal. Where exactly is it?

It's by the Slaughter House far left as you enter afaik

I don't think it was the entrance to naxxramas because it was always floating above the city
    btw the entrance has symbols of lordaeron never seen in the game