Deleted

Fury DPS Gem - Which?

Hey there - My mainspec is prot I'm full ICC25 geared. I've started to put together some DPS gear that I get from ICC and I just want to know how to gem.

My gems aren't bad but I know they aren't perfect. So ill make a list and could you please give me some pointers. I saw a post when geming my warlock about DPS per Gem (And socket bonus) so you could work out the best. But I know this is a bit more difficult with ArP etc.

First off - I am ICC 10-25 Geared.
    Hit capped - Exp capped.
    1050 ArP (I have a few strength gems that I'm not changing until I get the upgrades I need) so I can probably hit 1200 ArP.

So - A few usual set-ups with gems.

Blue Socket
    Red Socket

Obvious ArP in the red.
    But the blue - Which of the following With the following Socket Bonus'
    4str - 6str - 8str
    10 Stats
    10 ArP 15 stam
    20 ArP

Also - Which socket bonus is it better to use 10 strength 10 crit than 20 ArP.

Thanks in advance.
    V

Re: Fury DPS Gem - Which?

Assuming you are ARP Hard capped (99.96% - 101.00% is acceptable. Any higher, or lower, requires regemming) with ALL Gem selections, and descending priority (8 SEP > 6 SEP):

Red: +20 ARP
    Yellow: +10 crit / +10 str if 6 SEP or above and yellow/red combinations.
    Blue: If meeting meta requirement and +4 SEP or higher, then use Nightmare tear. Else if, you need expertise, then use +10 Expertise/15 Stamina if 6 SEP. Or you are .4-.7% from 100% ARP, then use +10 ARP/15 Stamina if 8 SEP. Otherwise, use +20 ARP.

This is oversimplified, and especially at 264-277 transition, every upgrade could result in 1,500+ gold spent in regems. Do not forget ARP socket bonuses, your ARP food, or the crit cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Re: Fury DPS Gem - Which?

mh imho never socket blue - only 1x with +10all for meta (deside for urself where to put it)

and in ur situation id say always go arp till hardcap cause its close