Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: 30 min BR again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    How about just get rid of battle rez?
    or make it a talentable ability high up in every healing tree?

(useful ability, sure... but does it add anything to the actual play of the druid class?)
    I would go for a talented ability only available to resto druids, this will make the spell less OP and more situational, where that ress will matter for the kill or not.

this will prevent battle rezes used so freely in raids, so now if you die you will get yelled at even more!

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    huh?
    if you think we needed 4 piece to compete and weren't *viable* in ToC and early icc then you're wrong.. almost every dps class's 4 piece gave them a 5% dps upgrade, ours was more like 8-10% but it just helped us scale better

how is festergut a later tier? it's not the first, but it's not blood or frost.
    If you don't think Feral got the short end of the stick I don't know what to say. There is a very good craftable Axe and a powerful Axe that drops off the first boss. ICC opened at the beginning of December and my guild didn't have a Staff or Polearm drop until April even though we killed Festergut every week and two weeks we killed him twice due to resets by Blizzard.

If you were competing with Rogues, Mages and Hunters without the 4pc either yours aren't very good or you are choosing to only look at the small number of bosses that favor Ferals.

bad luck =/= getting the shaft

caster's that wanted a good 2hander had to wait till BQL
    caster's that wanted 1h and OH had to wait till BP or Sind to get a good combo
    tanks had to wait till Putricide, much harder than festergut
    fury had to wait for BP for a second 2hander unless they wanted shadow's edge and brynn

rogue's, hunters and 2hand melee got it lucky.. maybe in cata the same boss should drop every weapon?

the only boss that didn't favor feral would be faction champs, but it didn't favor many classes. some of the other fights favored a certain class more than others, but feral was fine in toc. we weren't the best, but good ones could compete

note: i'm talking about average to decent guilds (aka the ones that could do hardmode toc, but didn't do amazing and weren't the top %)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    How about just get rid of battle rez?
    or make it a talentable ability high up in every healing tree?

(useful ability, sure... but does it add anything to the actual play of the druid class?)
    There ya go. Make balance druids more useless, are you sure you aren't a developer?
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    If I recall correctly, the cd was reduced because raids would be wait for every cooldown to be ready for TotGC attempts, which wasn't that much fun. Raising it again would'nt be a smart move in my opinion.

Maybe the BR itself needs to be nerfed (something like a 30% ressurection sickness for 2 mins) so that BR is useful, but doesnt trivialize deaths, especially for tanks on bosses that they have to switch on.
    Unless they remove attempt limits from future encounters, which is the most likely cause of them reverting back to the original cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth
    There ya go. Make balance druids more useless, are you sure you aren't a developer?
    If the reason you as a balance druid are only brought to a raid is due to battle rez then there's something you're doing wrong, not the spec.

Are you seriously arguing that boomkins should be useless BECAUSE they bring battle rez?

Balance druids need to be viable WITHOUT battle rez.

Just remove it as a discussion item. Give it to the healers. all of the healers. make boomkins good without b-rez holding them back.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Nothing wrong with it. Don't die, no problems.
    Spot on. There's no reason to have to res the failbots every single wipe when they can't step out of the fire. 'Sides, now the Priests can yank 'em out anyway.

"Why do I have to res!? Couldn't that darn priest learn to Lifegrip ef ef ess!?"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

could be good with a 30 min, makes it more important, when its 10 min you can kinda use it in any fight you want, when its 30 min, you might have to save it just in case

Deleted

Remove normal resurrect from druids and get BR back to 30 minutes. Cba to ress dead people in raids

Personally, I'm glad to see it go to 30 mins. While the 10 min CD was more convenient, it provided a safety net for those who die to stupid things and rely on a BR. Maybe now people will think twice about standing in the fire, because BR's won't be as forgiving as they are now.

In addition, I can't say I'll miss running around trying to BR a person who died in the most difficult place to find. Haha.
    ohi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie
    I'm forced to agree on all counts. I have told my raid leader (even before the change) that my BRs are reserved for healers (or other druids who have an available BR) or a necessary tank for a fight. If dps dies in a fire, they stay dead in a fire. I am glad this change will cut down on the idiot cost in a raid.
    That's a pretty bigot opinion. "If a healer dies to a fire, it's okay. Get him up. If a DPS dies to a fire, they're idiots."

It takes 5/10/25 people to down a boss. There is a reason 23 healers and 2 tanks does not a raid comp make. DPS is just as important as healers. In fact, sometimes they are more important.

Getting towards the end of most fights, I'd rather Bres a DPS than a healer, especially if I don't have an innervate up for a healer. What's the point in having an oom healer up, when you can Bres a rogue and have them do full damage and make the fight go quicker?

It's not a bigot opinion, it is, however, a strong one. I have an axiom I follow (and the raid leaders agree):

If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault.
    If a healer dies, it's the tank's fault.
    If a dps dies, it's the the dps' fault.

I rarely use my innervate in a raid since the healers are pretty good about managing totems, hymn of hope, etc. If I battle rez a healer, they're already in my focus frame for an innervate. They get it as soon as they're off the floor. Don't make assumptions about my activities, it's obvious you are trying to be combative rather than address the point I made in my opinion.
    9 out of 10 times in end-game raids, if anyone but a tank dies it's their own fault. Including a healer. Which brings me back to the original point of, "I'm not going to Bres a DPS because it's their own fault" is such an elitist opinion.

I'm forced to agree on all counts. I have told my raid leader (even before the change) that my BRs are reserved for healers (or other druids who have an available BR) or a necessary tank for a fight. If dps dies in a fire, they stay dead in a fire. I am glad this change will cut down on the idiot cost in a raid.
    I can tell two things from this post. The first is that you've never done any encounters even remotely difficult, and the second is that with that mentality, you never will.

Healers screw up too. In fact, if a healer dies, chances are he screwed up pretty bad.

Oh yeah, and I'm a long time healer. Don't be a prima donna - it makes us all look like asshats.

If at first you don't succeed, reading tea leaves is not for you.
    I don't have to be a fortune teller to see that narrow minded, stupidly rigid "rules" such as "when dps dies it's their own fault" can only lead to group failure.

You told the raid leader? So... you don't follow instructions? You battle rez who you like and that's final, right?

Yeah, not in a guild that does anything difficult - like you know... fights with enrage timers that require all the dps to be alive, fights where dps take ridiculous amounts of damage regardless of what they do. Prove me wrong.

Deleted

Given Blizzard are really trying to mean "bring the player, not the class" this time right from beginning of the expansion, they realistically only had three choices re. BR for PvE:

1) give another class(es) BR and restrict its uses, possibly via another exhaustion mechanic;
    2) greatly increase the cooldown relative to encounter length, so that its impact on the game is far less;
    3) remove BR entirely.

Option 3 is a non-starter since the ability is useful without being totally game-breaking or unbalanceable, obviously BR is popular and it would also mean one more druid ability removal when they had just decided to remove Tree of Life. What to replace it with would be more of a headache than keeping it in modified form.

Option 1 is possible but a lot more work and more importantly make having a "second life" more critical to the game and open for abuse. We all remember the heady days of bringing a ton of warlock alts in an extra large raid just for world first kills by some guilds...Blizzard also knew that they will almost certainly be bringing mass-rez as a "guild talent" so what would be the point of Option 1 too?

Option 2 is the only straightfoward compromise and its not BR back to 30min again since the context due to Cataclsym has completely changed.

It was twenty minutes not thirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.