Thread: Unholy Blight

Unholy Blight

Hey there, New to playing a DK and have chosen to go unholy.
    Anyway my question is does Unholy Blight work the same was as a warriors deep wounds?
    Stacking as it is refreshed.
    Or are 30-40 normal numbers and yes I have very bad gear at the moment
    before I get the "LOL 30-40 2K GS NAB" Comments
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Re: Unholy Blight

Pretty much, it's nothing to shake a stick at, but it is a DPS gain over some talents.

/shrug

Ah ok thanks I was just wondering because it would start at 20, second UB would make the DoT do a 25 third would reach the low 30's.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

unholy blight itself doesn't tick for much, but it's virtually up 99% of boss fights, so it counts as some nice amount of dmg over time

It does _exactly_ what it says it does. Look at how much your DC hits for, it will add 10% to that. If DC were to account for 10% of your total damage done then UB would add 10% of that, so it would be gaining 1% of your current damage done.

As far as how it works the best way I've seen it explained is that the DoT is like a bank. Each time you DC you make a deposit. Every time a deposit is made your total amount is divided into 10 and handed out as DoT ticks every second for 10 seconds. So if you DC and hit for 100 the DoT would start ticking for 1 every second. If you DC for 100 again 5 seconds later, after 5 ticks have occured the total amount in the bank is 15 and the DoT would start ticking for 1.5 damage every second for 10 seconds.

Generally speaking it should equate to anywhere from .8% to 1% of your total damage. Lower overall numbers on say Recount are usually because of trash or adds dying before Unholy Blight finishes before it's full duration.

You'd be hard pressed to find another ability that gives 1% Damage for the cost of only one talent point.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Necrosis and blood caked blade are each 1% damage increase per talent point
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

10+ Year Old Account

1 talent point for 1% dps gain (on average) is amazing compared to other talents. Definetly a well spent talent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa
    Necrosis and blood caked blade are each 1% damage increase per talent point
    1% of ur total dmg done? dun think so

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pleeborstel
    Yes it is. Per talent point is roughly 1% of total dmg done. So with max necrosis you will be seeing it do, on average 5% of your total dmg, and bcb on average 3% of your total dmg done if maxed aswell. Give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleeborstel
    It's been a while since I've played my Death Knight, and I don't have any screenshots, but Necrosis SHOULD account for AROUND 5% of your total damage done and Blood-caked Blade SHOULD account for AROUND 3% of your total damage done.

Don't test this through the Highlord target dummy in the ebon hold since it's usually stuck at around 1% health left or any of the target dummies that only have 1 health total. They don't recognize Necrosis hits, and instead, only register them as them as 1 damage per hit. I'm fairly certain that it also has a bitch of a time recognizing Unholy Blight ticks as more than 1 damage on those dummies as well.

Ah the joys of being a Death Knight - you can't accurately gauge your DPS on target dummies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    It's been a while since I've played my Death Knight, and I don't have any screenshots, but Necrosis SHOULD account for AROUND 5% of your total damage done and Blood-caked Blade SHOULD account for AROUND 3% of your total damage done.

Don't test this through the Highlord target dummy in the ebon hold since it's usually stuck at around 1% health left or any of the target dummies that only have 1 health total. They don't recognize Necrosis hits, and instead, only register them as them as 1 damage per hit. I'm fairly certain that it also has a bitch of a time recognizing Unholy Blight ticks as more than 1 damage on those dummies as well.

Ah the joys of being a Death Knight - you can't accurately gauge your DPS on target dummies.
    No one can accurately guage their dps on target dummies and should ignore any data they collect from such tests Its a waste of time.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

in pve content, its a solid 10% death coil damage. theres a whole wowwikipage dedicated to the way this stacks, but let me summarize it for you.

death coil hits for 1k.
    unholy blight ticks for 10, 5 times.
    theres still 50 damage to go.
    death coil hits for 1k.
    now theres 150 damage stacked up.
    unholy blight will now tick for 15.

the only wasted damage is damage that isnt death cause the boss is killed.

What seriously pisses me off is unholy blight not working if your death coil is absorbed. It's goddamn annoying vs mages, priests etc in PvP. It's supposed to protect our diseases from falling off but... yeah. *rage*

Where you been Nox?

Had a little break and switched from pve to pvp, time management issues