Thread: Fix my Teddy

Deleted

Fix my Teddy

My guild is planing to start alt raids in ICC 25 soon on a weekly basis and I'm looking for ways to improve my tank gear, as it is right now I got gold enough to buy some of the ICC BoEs and Possibility to PuG a minimum of 4/12 most likley up to 6/12 in 25 man and something similar in 10 man (no end wing bosses )

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...doun&cn=Neftys

(cloak might be missing a gem but getting it as soon a guild JC comes online)

Any advice on what to get next etc is greatly appriciated

Re: Fix my Teddy

Kk, obv replace your neck as block rating = crap. there is a 226 ilvl you can buy with emblems.
    2nd, Replace you legs as you can buy 232 now as they don't give you a real bonus.
    3rd, Replace your 10 agi - 15 stamina gem in a socket where you get a socket bonus.
    4th for shoulders, take the pvp enchant (30 stamina, 15 resi) as your druids benefits from that aswell.
    5th replace the 20 agi on hands to 18 stamina.
    6th, which is my choice, go for tuskar on boots, not a real issue tho.

I hope it helps
    THIS IS CAPSCITY!

15+ Year Old Account

Keep your shoulder enchant unless you really need the extra stam; keep your hand enchant if you'd like. Gem for the socket bonus in your helm using a def/stam gem or a nightmare tear; the 8 agi for changing one gem is worth it. Pick up some agi/stam gems if you want once you feel like you're safe on the health value, especially when you get some red sockets in your gear.

Beyond gear, definitely get Infected Wounds in your spec -- you can drop imp mangle to get it (or drop MSS and pick up 2 points somewhere else as well). It's worth getting for the fights where you're not on the same target as another tank.

I'd also replace your glyph of maul with glyph of frenzied regen -- the maul glyph isn't very helpful in ICC, except on trash (which is meh) and can even hurt on Saurfang. The frenzied regen glyph, on the other hand, turns that into another useful cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I'd also replace your glyph of maul with glyph of frenzied regen -- the maul glyph isn't very helpful in ICC, except on trash (which is meh) and can even hurt on Saurfang. The frenzied regen glyph, on the other hand, turns that into another useful cooldown.
    I'd sooner switch between Growl and Maul and keep Frenzied Regen up permanently. Just bag a stack of each - on bosses where you can't use Maul, you'll want your growl to hit anyway (like the aforementioned Saurfang). They're only a few pennies, so not a bit deal to carry a few around.

As to Infected Wounds - it'll depend on your Raid setup. If you can get it elsewhere (e.g. Thunderclap), you can skip the points.

Deleted

Read somewere I shouldn't be afraid to break my 4pt T9 bonus is this correct?

and for how long is the Crafted Legs from ICC viable? since they are a bit expensive to get if T10 is better

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I'd prefer t10 pants for the Expertise. If you want to spend cash, get the BoE leather chest from ICC, Ikfirus' Sack of Wonder.

//edit: Sidenote: for your chest, when you upgrade it, get either +18 stamina or +10 stats. With Bearform, Talents and BoK, +18 stamina will beat +275 health.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    I'd sooner switch between Growl and Maul and keep Frenzied Regen up permanently. Just bag a stack of each - on bosses where you can't use Maul, you'll want your growl to hit anyway (like the aforementioned Saurfang). They're only a few pennies, so not a bit deal to carry a few around.
    Exactly what I said. Maul/Mangle/Growl all occupy a single slot; switch out as necessary or just keep growl since it's the most required of the three for particular fights. If you'd really like to switch out between fights, mangle is probably more useful in general, since it boosts single target threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    As to Infected Wounds - it'll depend on your Raid setup. If you can get it elsewhere (e.g. Thunderclap), you can skip the points.
    I wouldn't trust thunderclap or other raid buffs; they're not guaranteed to be there, even if another tank has the full improved version. Rotface, Princes, Dreamwalker 25, gunship if you're the jumper, lich king: all of these, one tank is away from the other.