Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shaman enhancement class pwned again?

so, by your logic. I should be able to pick up.. say.. The Frost needle, and DPS AND Tank with it on my warrior.

Just cos you can equip something doesn't mean you should.

understanding of class mechanics and itemization are what separate a smart player and a complete dumbass.

Yes understanding that they have a BIGGER area of weapons to chose from that are viable is understanding the class mechanics.... But having half of that area of weapons to choose from and not all viable is not fair-> if you understand what others are saying maybe you stop using insults and put your "brain" to work

What good is it for me to use all weapons if I have only 2 viable? If shaman remains dual wield then remove use of 2handers and all that and just add more weapons for dual wield that he can use. Is that big of a problem to put an "IF" in their code?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

as its been said before, 2 handers would be far too hard to balance.

You don't think you have enough burst? I heard that popping lust, wolves and raping a poor clothy in 3 seconds flat at 1k resilience makes you awesome.

Just cos you want the game to be how you want it you don't get it.
    Personally I want my lock to go meta and use an AoE Shadowbolt Volley, even shadow bolts coming out his ass, Do I get what I want? No, because
    A) its too much work to scale with everything else
    and
    B) there are people who play that class that are perfectly fine with how it is - if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JIUBEY

What good is it for me to use all weapons if I have only 2 viable? If shaman remains dual wield then remove use of 2handers and all that and just add more weapons for dual wield that he can use. Is that big of a problem to put an "IF" in their code?
    You have 3 just like most every other class in the game. Axes, Maces, Fist Weapons. Casters get staffs and 2 of maces swords and daggers. Yes fury warriors will have 6 with Maces, Swords, and Axes both 1 handers and 2 handers. Its how it is there is no changing it but they are 1 spec of 1 class. Most classes and specs get 3 or 4 different weapons so you don't have it that bad.

It wouldn't be that bad if all the other classes that can use that would roll.... and belive me they will even if they have something better. The fact that there is no use for the quick version of the 3 you have mentioned makes it even harder(an warrior can say it needs a quick weapon for tanking but what can a shaman say?)

Deleted

It wouldn't be that bad if all the other classes that can use that would roll.... and belive me they will even if they have something better.
    hello little troll, how are you? Srsly your posts are just about "EVERONE GETS LOOT BECAUSE THEY CAN TANK AND SHIT BUT I DONT :'( :'( :'("

ps: a little tip for you, roll a paladin and you can nearly roll need on everything other than a staffs and ranged weapons

First of all:

There will be 0 weapon specialization talents in Cataclysm, so stop blowing on that horn.

Secondly:

2h's will solely have strength on, as many people have said already in this thread, plus the fact that the 1h's that are intended to be used by warriors & Dk's will also have str on, so I don't really see what you are whining about here.

Thirdly:

If you are one of this retarded people who are just QQing because someone else gets to roll on your loot (which you seem like you are), please roll a cloth user in Cataclysm, so you can contest with all of the people using that gear.
    Also, I think you could consider the issues with cloth gear since the start of WotLK because the stat itemization on SP mail, leather & plate is terrible in comparison with cloth so there ended up having 9 different possible specs wanting the same piece of gear because of this.

To conclude:

There are bigger problems that enhance not being able to use 2h's, due to the fact that 1h's are perfectly fine. Stop complaining.

Besides, 2h's look retarded on shamans.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    I agree, there are many warriors who use leather still.

I think a few months back, a new system was announced about changing stats on gear. Maybe we can roll on low speed weapons and change them to 2.6 speed. I have no idea, all we can do is wait it out.
    Yeah but check this out: Leather items had Agility AND Attack Power. That would, in some cases, be both crit and AP upgrade. In Cataclysm, AP is removed from items, so Warriors and Death Knights will get some low crit rating for a lot of AP because they will NOT get AP from Agility.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Some of you are being far too shortsighted. We aren't talking about making 2H viable next week, we're talking about in Cataclysm. Blizzard is already completely revamping the talent trees. Blizzard is remixing the way many stats work. Blizzard is introducing many brand new systems (Paths, Masteries, reforging) that will change the way we interact with stats. As well, they've dropped a ton of "we don't know"s on us this week, meaning they haven't made up their minds about much of anything yet. So all these arguments based on how the class works today are entirely irrelevant.

If they can do it for other classes just because some Warrior and Dk players prefer 1h over 2h (or vice versa); there's no reason they can't do it for us as well.

That's my point too nazarkin. I want that too... I am not saying that dual wield should be removed or that 2handers to be viable again at any cost, what i am trying to say is that if they are giving other clases the possibility to choose how to play(1h or 2 h) that should apply to us too or if not then to give us less struggle over our 1 hand weapons either by introducing a new weapon for us to use or by making a quick weapon viable for offhand(as it was suggested by someone). This way there will be no more complains from anyone but sincerely I loved 2hand shaman more than anything and i am playing since wow appeared so i think i earned the right to say my opinnion... this is not qquing but i played 4 years enhanc shaman and now i am playing elemental. I miss those wf procs... Improve stormstrike talent could have something like "if 2hand weapons are used when hitting then wind fury is 100% procced"

Newsflash: warriors and DKs are pure melee classes, they only have melee specs (inb4 that ranged spec DKs used, it wasn't intended). Therefore it makes perfect sense that they have a broader range of viable weapons.

Shamans have *one* melee spec, and yet even while playing that about half your abilities are spells. You're basically saying you want a melee/spell hybrid spec that can use both 1H and 2H weapons, meaning there won't be anything you can't actually use? Perhaps you want plate armour proficiency as well along with that? And what exactly would you give warriors and DKs in return since you're entitled to all their weapons as a true hybrid?

But let's not stop there, retri pallies should blatantly have a DW spec as well, I mean that's only fair right?

"if 2hand weapons are used when hitting then wind fury is 100% procced"
    And seriously, gg on losing whatever credibility you had....that wouldn't be OP at all would it? |:

I think a few months back, a new system was announced about changing stats on gear. Maybe we can roll on low speed weapons and change them to 2.6 speed. I have no idea, all we can do is wait it out.
    Many? Oh you mean the ones leveling up, got it.

I think a lot of this is compounded by the fact that Blizzard hasn't made any non-tank 1h weapons with strength on them since pre-raid TBC, and even then they were extremely rare. Once we see start seeing those pop up in loot previews, maybe it'll be easier to believe that warriors and DKs won't be rolling against us.

That said, I understand why the OP wants 2h as an option. If you've never leveled a shaman as enhance it may be hard to understand, but those 10 levels between windfury totem and dual-wield are a blast to play with a 2h weapon. And I think anyone may agree it does seem silly to basically force us to play with certain weapons for 40 levels and then suddenly tell us that's not how we should be playing our spec and we should never use those weapons again.

Quote Originally Posted by Torax
    Newsflash: warriors and DKs are pure melee classes, they only have melee specs (inb4 that ranged spec DKs used, it wasn't intended). Therefore it makes perfect sense that they have a broader range of viable weapons.

Shamans have *one* melee spec, and yet even while playing that about half your abilities are spells. You're basically saying you want a melee/spell hybrid spec that can use both 1H and 2H weapons, meaning there won't be anything you can't actually use? Perhaps you want plate armour proficiency as well along with that? And what exactly would you give warriors and DKs in return since you're entitled to all their weapons as a true hybrid?

But let's not stop there, retri pallies should blatantly have a DW spec as well, I mean that's only fair right?

And seriously, gg on losing whatever credibility you had....that wouldn't be OP at all would it? |:

An 8 sec cd that is 100% proc is that OP for 2handers?(taking in account that WF DOESN'T SCALE WELL WITH AP-> and you cannot say that about crusader strike or divine storm can you now?)

2H probably won't make a comeback. DW is superior in almost every way. I think the main reason we still see so many 2H fans, me included, is because we miss the big burst damage. Also, purge was also stronger back then....you could wipe a mage or lock clean and kill them in an instant. If they could buff Stormstrike and our overall damage w/o dependency on totems, we would see alot more happy shaman. DW really adds an interesting element with two weapon imbue's, and will definetly come in handy with Unleash weapon.

On a side note though.....many people claim 2H will never work, but it can.

Fury warriors. Plan is to give them DW with both 2H and 1H. What is needed to make this successful?
    -Talent tree redesign
    -Item's customized for it

So they plan to add a side by side talent to Titan's Grip for 1H's, maybe some specialties attached to it, and general dw talents throughout the tree. They also plan to add STR 1h's back into the game, for warrs and DKs.

Now. Enhancement Shaman. Want 2H and DW as viable options. What is needed to make this successful?
    -Talent tree redesign
    -Item's customized for it

What is the difference? Why must we hold ourselves back in the fun element? 2H was our mainstay in the original, frost might have both dw and 2h in one tree, and druids have a healer, ranged, and a melee/tank hybrid.....so our tree can be just as complex, instead of melee/tank we can have 2 melee specs in one tree.

51 talent points to work with.....supposedly not as many regular %dmg modifiers, so where are my options?

Sadly, it will never happen though. Just have to hope they do DW right.

It doesn't need a talent tree redesign it just needs for 2 hand weapons to proc 100% WF when using Stormstrike so that the dmg lost comparing with 2 imbues from dwield weapons to be gained in a bigger burst once every 8 seconds... and since hit talent is only for dw this means that you will get either gems or gear with hit rating so you won't get as much ap or haste as an dwield shaman and thas you whould be competitive and doing almost same dmg but in burst/lowd dmg-> burst/low dmg and not medium dmg / medium dmg/etc

If they decided to bring back 2h enhance, they would have to do something about WF, without question (way too RNG based for 2Hers any way you look at it really). If they keep 1h, they would have to adjust the damage abilities to do different numbers when a 2H is equipped (not to mention WF for 2handers would be something more like what Seal of Command for paladins used to be - high proc chance, single extra attack).

Edit - Another fix in regards to WF and 2H would be to make proc chance higher when 2H is equipped, but add a hidden CD which only activates when WF procs while a 2H is equipped, to prevent overkilling

An 8 sec cd that is 100% proc is that OP for 2handers?(taking in account that WF DOESN'T SCALE WELL WITH AP-> and you cannot say that about crusader strike or divine storm can you now?)
    NICE GOING CAPS TO PUT A POINT ACROSS.

I'm assuming that since you're talking of an 8sec CD, then you're referring to SS, you might want to actually put that into the post I quoted.

Now, what if WF proced, say, 1 sec before you hit SS...you want WF to proc again then? So like, you have two 2H WFs in less than one GCD?

Yes, it would be OP because of the insane on demand burst damage it would give. If you've read forums you'd know that burst is a huge concern and has been for quite some time.

WF on 2handers shouldn't be RNG... 8 sec cd and proc only on storm strike=> problem solved

it's gonna be harder for any class to justify rolling on any item that is not perfect for them as it will affect their mastery bonuses not just stat bonuses, very rarely will it be cool for a warrior to roll on leather in Cataclysm and likewise for a rogue/shaman to roll on something with strength.

no doubt there will still be idiots that do try and get it but then it's up to the ML to make sure they dont get it.

WF on 2handers shouldn't be RNG... 8 sec cd and proc only on storm strike=> problem solved
    ROFL blizzard is trying to take away burst not give you a 1 button to instantly kill somebody or something. Just stop complaining about itemization every class has something to complain about.