Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral druid weapon question.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...asza&cn=Gabbeh

Now my conflict on weapons atm for me is
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50040 (Distant Land and ofc 2 ArP gems with berserk)
    vs
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51022 (Hersir's Greatspear and again 2 ArP gems with berserk)

The conflict is, if i replace my Greatspear with Distant land i will lose 109 ArP (and 53 hit rating) which atm i am 99.03% (with elixir)
    But i will gain 108 Haste / 108 Crit / 49 Agi / 382 Feral AP

And Atm (just joinned a new guild) Getting gear to cover that greatspear ArP loss wouldn't be quick.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral druid weapon question.

are u still hit capped whit Distand land ?

this is indeed a hard decision but ven tho ArP pwns ftw

i dont think 109 ArP will win from

108 haste + 108 crit + 49 agi + 382 AP so distant land will be better

since its stil quite hard to estimate the value of ArP at end game level i tested it on Rawr and it says u get 400 extra dps whit distand land
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I am currently hit capped with or without distant land. I am using the hit trinket from triumph badges intill i get more gear with hit rating. Currently without that trinket i would be at 144 hit rating.

Deleted

Distant Land is the better. it will be an dps increase.
    haste is not useless, the higher crit you have the better haste gets
    ArP is still greater then any other stat untill hardcap.
    but that feral AP haste and crit will be worth more then that ArP

also Hit cap gets less important as your own skill gets higher. you should ofc have hitcap if possible but you can work around a 1-2 %miss chance

Ya i know hit isnt needed with the better gear you get. But without that hit trinket i would be at 144 with greatspear. That i believe is 4.50%? Im not online
    Once i get that Trash Neck from icc or even festergutt 10 man neck, i should be ok to replace that hit trinket. But intill then its better for me.

10+ Year Old Account

Ditch the Triumph trinket for something decent, for starters. In general, the higher ilevel weapon will be the better one. Especially now, since yer not using the hit part of the spear.

//edit: Go for mongoose instead of Berserking as weapon enchant.

Deleted

The triumph badges trinket is awful please destroy it asap (it's not worth using in any circumstance, unless your other option is to not wear a trinket at all).

Upgrading to a darkmoon card:greatness is easily 200 more dps, even with the loss of hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath

//edit: Go for mongoose instead of Berserking as weapon enchant.
    Im just being curious but why mongoose?

Quote Originally Posted by Badjoe242
    The benefits from it just scale better with your gear and stats. Theres a flat 2% haste and 120 agility on proc with Mongoose Vs. the 400 AP from Berserking. Though you would see less AP from Mongoose, the crit and haste from Mongoose make it slightly more valuable than Berserking.

It's not a game changer, but its better none-the-less.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badjoe242
    As Biznick said, the fact that it's a 2% haste increase makes it better. It's not by a huge amount, but the difference is there. Particularly in higher gear levels, the value of haste starts to go up.

Unless you're close to or above the white crit cap, then the value of mongoose just turns into the 2% haste. 2% haste versus 400 AP... I suppose you could still USE the 120 agility you get, as it gives you a bit of AP and makes your yellow attacks have a higher crit %.. but in that scenario, I'd suggest Berserk. Not to mention the fact that Mongoose is still hella pricey ><

10+ Year Old Account

Even if we ignore crit, it's 2% haste and 120 AP (before BoK/Talents).

Going to be funny when Mongoose is still our best enchant at 85. 240 ap + 2% haste.

Deleted

Unless they give it the crusader-treatment and make it proc less every level you go over 80.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    Unless they give it the crusader-treatment and make it proc less every level you go over 80.
    Considering its a lvl 70 enchant i dont really see that happening, they will probably bring out some new and exciting ones :

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Considering its a lvl 70 enchant i dont really see that happening, they will probably bring out some new and exciting ones :
    here's to hoping we get an updated mongoose!

RAWR sims tend to put them about the same from what I've seen, so it won't make much of a difference. The 2% haste does give you more clearcasting procs and could make 'rotation' a bit easier though.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    here's to hoping we get an updated mongoose!
    Level 85 Enchant:
    Enchant Weapon: Mongeese. Permanently enchants a weapon to occasionally give 2.1% haste and 144 Agility, as well as spawning a flock of geese obscuring your vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    Level 85 Enchant:
    Enchant Weapon: Mongeese. Permanently enchants a weapon to occasionally give 2.1% haste and 144 Agility, as well as spawning a flock of geese obscuring your vision.
    Raid mandatory enchant for everyone!

Use Distant land. A lower ilvl weapon is better than a higher ilvl one pretty much never, regardless of the stats on them

Mongoose is also pretty much always better, except with very specific gear setups (which aren't that common), and even if the proc puts you over white crit capped.

Being hitcapped is really not a concern. It's nice to have, but should definitely be an afterthought.

Use distant land, switch the hit trinket for a banner of victoery, and flask endless rage, not elixir ArP