Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost vs Arcane raiding

Frost actually is better. I played arcane mage for six months, then changed to frost and my dps in my first frost spec raid was 30% better than with arcane. Rotation is even more easier than arcane; spam frostbolt and deep freeze when fingers of frost proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    i didn't bother reading the OP, it's most likly just some shitty thread debating as to how gearscore is good/bad or a comparison to skill again

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMage
    I always beat arcane mages as a frost mage. Why don't more people raid as frost as it's better.

Just did 7k dps!
    Why can't nobody see he is trolling. Haven't seen more blatant trolling. He is using his own opinion and experience as a fact to support his argument and being so obvious it hurts, and you're biting a lot. You people are worse than Ghostlands EU Horde trade chat and should definitely learn from me. Don't feed him or he will be encouraged to make more shitty posts and degenerate the community of WoW.

15+ Year Old Account

this thread has been the ray of sunshine in a rather bleak day (college park looks like shit right now). for all those people taking the OP seriously, then you are quite silly. obvious trolling is obvious.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by sponske
    i must say frost is indeed very nice atm

My offspec is frost always played as arcane.

While arcane is indeed still a little bit better (and interesting)
    Frost can atm do a nice amount of dps and pulling out a 7k dps single target on a 10m raid isn't bad at all (with 2p t10 en 2p t9 and a few other ilvl 251 items even honored ring) so frost is nice but boring but i think if some peeps have issues controlling mana in arcane or when to trigger cd's they could respec frost, it's boring but pretty ok, didn't test it on 25 yet gonna do that in voa soon
    Heard about fire?! It's supposedly the new big deal /lawl....
    Seriously MegaMage, read up on stuff
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally
    Anyone else stop reading when the second word is "Noob" and its incorrectly spelt?

Anyway ok you mean that version of rank 14 as in PVP rank not dps rank. All those mages know enough about their class to spec arcane/fire. Also - 7k dps is awful seeing as on Festergut 25 a tank who knows what hes doing can do that much, and your Seal of Command claim makes me want to delete your guild from the realm out of sheer embarrassment for all involved.
    Rank 14 means nothing. It means they were able to stay logged in 20+ hours a day and sit in a BG non stop for a month at a time. I very clearly remember the pecking order, who was next to get the title, how many points xxx needed to make sure they stayed in the #2 spot.

It seems the math does not support the frost mage, but the arcane as best single target DPS atm. Why I am now arcane on my lvl 65 mage. Seems fun, and very simple.

How much to get on the ride?

Because its a TrOlLeRcOaStEr in here!

Think we can all agree Koralon in Voa is target-dummy-like boss.
    And my max as frost was 5.5k dps and it just wont go up. And i really try, but similar geared arcane mages do 7-7.5k on same boss. And FoF just wont proc often enough, i got feeling it procs more often when DF is on CD >

My only advice to you is to line up your trinkets, IV and images. I can do 7k on dummies no problem (although I think I had a demo lock in my group at the time).

Also, don't forget to shatter regardless of DF. So if FoF procs (please I hope you have a power aura for it), and DF is unavailable, just FB then FB+IL or instead of ice lance chain a FFB if you've got Brain Freeze.

Shatter priority is DF>FFB>IL

ALWAYS get 2x frostbolts in though.

Once a Hole, always a Hole.

You guys just got trolled hard