Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Paladin Preview is Coming

I love how Blizzard is trolling us paladins...
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62359494&sid=1
    Also calling us pink champions made me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    I don't ever recall hearing of a Paladin in real life, so I guess realism just went out the window. :P
    Psshhhhh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

"Tales of the paladins once rivaled the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table in popularity."

That is how bad ass we are. No other class even compares in that level of bad assness.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna
    So basic stuff caming 14th and real stuff caming when?
    Around the time, the other classes get more than 3-5 of ther new talents previewed..

You'll get your new Spells, your masteries and a short design plan for your trees (which is around the same what other classes got)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Healing and Mana management
    The focus seems to be more on conserving mana, and not overhealing. Yeah. Paladins don't do that.
    They don't today. They will in Cataclysm.

The design of "I never run out of mana, but I am very limited in the roles I can fill" isn't a really awesome one. (Source)

explain/]Source[/url])
    Again - how on earth was the class gonna be able to think about conserving mana when the devs gave them a tools that did everyting in two spells ? We were gonna remove beacon of light between needing them ? Or switching specs to not use glyph of holy light when we needed to big heal tank ?

Comon BLizzard - Its now up to you to fix this. And you dont do that by adding more buffers to 2 main heals.

can't hc leap just be a knockback that chucks you 25 meters forwards not targeting anyone? it can still have a 2 min cd and start of the cd of charge so you have to wait the 15 sec or w/e charges cd is with your specc. i also question the wisdom of wanting to make an ability that does a lot of damge and aoe with a long cd, when it ciud have a short cd and do little damage, when you want to get rid of burst ._.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kudia
    That is how bad ass we are. No other class even compares in that level of bad assness.
    Lies, I say...

As long as homonids could hold and poke with sticks: warriors!

As long as homonids wondered where the hell someone kept getting food and water from while they had none or people died all around them: mages!

Heck, even King Arthur's tale is really just a minor branch in a story about a mage!

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze
    Lies, I say...

As long as homonids could hold and poke with sticks: warriors!

As long as homonids wondered where the hell someone kept getting food and water from while they had none or people died all around them: mages!

Heck, even King Arthur's tale is really just a minor branch in a story about a mage!
    You actually compare Merlin to a mage?

Wizard........... hell harry potter could beat a mages ass.

Warriors are also the mindless brutes you sent out front to die.

druids were a bunch of tree huggers dancing naked under the moon.

Warlocks were just myths and fairytales.

Rogues were deserters usually and considered treasoness scum.

Death knights.......um D&G.

Hunters were just hunters, nothing special.

Priests were priests....nothing scary there.

Shaman were same as priests but for indians.

Paladins on the other hand were a legendary group of 12 individuals who smitted the evil Saracen horde while doing good deeds with Charlemagne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfadin
    I love how Blizzard is trolling us paladins...
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62359494&sid=1
    Also calling us pink champions made me giggle.
    haha awsome

"I once laughed so hard. I milked all over the floor."

Mooie <Angelic Outkasts> - EU-Dragonblight

Deleted

Yaaay . Can't wait to see the paladin changes.

Here is a little preview of our pink champions tank:

T11 Tank Set.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus Snake
    Here is a little preview of our pink champions tank:

T11 Tank Set.

WOOOOOOTT!!!!!!!!!

An outfit with actual pants. Movin on up

Naetheras news post reads exactly like the babelfish translation of the Taiwanese post :>

still cant wait to see pallys ;D

Quote Originally Posted by verenity
    OH shit i cant wait....

Fist of heaven: Lightning attack from the sky that releases Holy Bolts.

Zeal: Quickly attacks multiple adjacent enemies.

Smite: Shield bash that always hits, doing damage and knock back.

Blessed Hammer: A magical hammer spirals outward, damaging enemies. The Undead take additional damage (divine storm)

YEA GO GO OP PALLYS...

You just stole pala skills from diablo 2 -.-

That's what i will be looking for... Pallys have to be OP. they are in every other game

lol @ Pink Champions

Im expecting a lot of kiddie QQ to come as usual...

10+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah! It's coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    Erm... did you just compare Harry Potter to a Mage?

Not the WoW variety, a Mage?

I think you may be misinformed on the tiers of casters.
    Warriors are any character with an excessive number of muscles and a stick with more blades on the end than most people have teeth.
    Druids are wizards who rely on nature magic to transform themselves into enhanced versions of nature's greatest creations.
    Warlocks are evil Mages who draw their power from demons, either willingly or otherwise.
    Rogues are murdering, backstabbing cutthroats who rely on stealth, deception and trickery to get the job done.
    Death Knights are to Paladins what Warlocks are to Mages: Corrupt and, generally, Evil.
    Again, you don't seem to know much about the tiers of casters.
    Shaman are similar to druids, except they drew on the elements themselves in addition to nature.
    I'm pretty sure that was the Templar.

Overall, you just seem very misinformed. I'm still laughing at you comparing Harry Potter to a Mage though
    You do realize I was responding to a post saying paladins had no point in history. All you did was talk about the actual class descriptions within WoW.

I was laughing at you saying merlin was a mage, he was a wizard, hence the harry potter comment.

And yes, paladins were the 12 legendary knights who followed charlemagne around. Look it up or just pull up the actual link I posted where it states that.

No other class in wow has an actual historic group to relate to asside from druids, and they were just a joke dancing around naked under the moon.

Deleted

Can't wait :O

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    The warrior has been around since, oh, people made weapons? I think they predate paladins a little. The entire idea of a warrior is so basic that the historic group isn't necessary.
    That is just a generic description though. Like mage is a magician. Warlock is an evil magician. Priest is a religious leader. Shaman typically religious leader of many indian tribes.... etc etc.

Druids are an actual group that existed, although historically they are kind of silly.

Paladins are the only actual historic group that was completely bad ass and beat the crap out of the Sacacen horde during religious crusades.

The only equivalent would be if hunters were instead marines, or warriors were instead spartans, or priests were instead called cardinals/bishops, or shaman were apache.

Get where I am going?

Anyone else get the feeling that they moved up Paladin preview because they want to start the beta on Friday?