requirments for progession in icc 10man

What do you think is the guidelines for progessing past first wing of icc 10 man.

Only asking for my guild
    we have currently made it to rotface and thought what do you think are requirments for each wing in terms of

gearscore(if you want to use that)
    dps, what do you think we need
    healing requirments
    tanking requirments like health ect.

any comments would be helpfull

thanks

Re: requirments for progession in icc 10man

For gear requirements I can't really give you an accurate value. As well as the raid wide buff changes the "requirements" that might have been.
    What I can tell you that is absolutely crucial is that all you raid members are well briefed in the fight strategies. As well as having good focus. A lot of the fights in icc are positioning and mechanics. Get those mechanics down then if you can't down the boss then you know its a dps issue. If you tanks are dying then you need to look at you healers and tanks.
    But with the raid wide buff a guild that has mechanics down will clear a lot of icc

Quote Originally Posted by stillboredatwork
    What do you think is the guidelines for progessing past first wing of icc 10 man.

Only asking for my guild
    we have currently made it to rotface and thought what do you think are requirments for each wing in terms of

gearscore(if you want to use that)
    dps, what do you think we need
    healing requirments
    tanking requirments like health ect.

any comments would be helpfull
    thanks
    there are no set requirements as far as GS its a meaningless # that for all you know means someone was carried through and has a 6k+ GS becasue of it.. other than that

first wing
    dps=should all be somewhere around 5k min if you want a tough time but its possible
    healing=dont let ppl die
    tanking=ive gone in there the first week and cleared the first wing when both warrior tanks were 35k hp unbuffed and uld25/toc10 with no problems

second wing-LK
    dps-for a smooth run all the way through i would 7 k avg as a minimum
    healing-again ppl jsut need to not suck and keep ppl alive(valithria all healers shouold b around 10k+ HPS at least)
    tanking-i would want a tank with at least 40khp min unbuffed and a decent amount of avoidance/armor

also would liek to add that these are not set values and if you have an exceptional grp can be done with less values on both the healing and dps suggestions but these stats are for the standard pug who usually is filled with ppl who dont know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatøs
    For gear requirements I can't really give you an accurate value. As well as the raid wide buff changes the "requirements" that might have been.
    What I can tell you that is absolutely crucial is that all you raid members are well briefed in the fight strategies. As well as having good focus. A lot of the fights in icc are positioning and mechanics. Get those mechanics down then if you can't down the boss then you know its a dps issue. If you tanks are dying then you need to look at you healers and tanks.
    But with the raid wide buff a guild that has mechanics down will clear a lot of icc
    this couldnt have been said better, just practice and research, and you should be seeing progression,

Quote Originally Posted by ulubproness
    there are no set requirements as far as GS its a meaningless # that for all you know means someone was carried through and has a 6k+ GS becasue of it.. other than that
    Well, GS is good for one thing, and that's for telling when people have enough gear to do a instance. Not if they got the brains.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    Well, GS is good for one thing, and that's for telling when people have enough gear to do a instance. Not if they got the brains.
    ehh all it tells you is that the toon they are on has done a certain place b4 or has the "recommended value" for a certain place but honestly has no place when ppl are searching for icc10 5.5k+ gs, you ask the person how much they pull or what they have doneand if they dont hold up to it they get the boot simple as that

the only requirement for icc 10 man up to frost wing is player skill my guild did it with alts all around 4500gs and a tank at 4300 and we got to bloodqueen first night you just have to know wtf is going on and be good at your class

This is gonna be one of those rare times I speak up. I lead a small, tight knit raiding group into ICC10 once a week, we're all laid back drinkers who just run for fun. We've just gotten rotface/fester down and are moving on in the near future. This is our third week setting foot in ICC.

#1. GS is bullshit yes, however with guildies if you're trying to get a rough estimate of what you need - 2600gs to set foot in icc 10, 2800+ ideally. (Values based on wow-heroes.)

#2. Raid makeup - Two tanks, two healers with a dps who can swap to heal if necessary. More ranged than melee (necessary for some fights) totalling no less than THREE ranged dps classes.

#3. HPS/DPS - A lot of people still argue you need X hps. From a healer perspective let me tell you HPS doesn't mean a damn thing. DPS markers however, on an average spank fight you want your dps around the 4k mark to clear the first wing (5k+ for smooth clear) and every dps at atleast 6k for fester/rot down. Anything higher than that should be gravy for the rest of the dungeon.

#4. Tanks - Don't let anyone tell you a druid tank is fail in icc. Any tank is a good tank provided they know what they're doing. Gear wise you want health to be around this level- 50k for a druid or dk tank (raid buffed), 40k for a pally or warrior tank (raid buffed). All tanks must be def capped. Tanks must be able to follow orders if they don't understand the fights entirely.

#5. Knowledge- You don't need everyone in your raid to know the fights inside and out, that's half the fun of learning. As long as you go in knowing how to explain it you'll succeed, here's a few tips on that.
    - Find ways to explain a fight in 3 sentences or less.
    - Don't over-explain or repeat yourself unless asked.
    - Expect that people know how to do their jobs, but watch for failures so that if you wipe you
    can elaborate on something someone didn't understand.
    - Stay relaxed while everything around you goes to shit. Wiping isn't a big deal.
    - Learn from your mistakes.
    - Don't go with cut and dry strategies from webpages. Alter them to fit your group.
    ex Sometimes you don't need a third tank for Princes.
    ex2 Sometimes you don't need a second tank for 10m deathwhisper.

thanks folks for the advice and comments.

Minimum I would say to get into ICC10:

- Everyone in everything they can possibly buy with triumph badges, plus a piece or two of tier10/frost emblem stuff.

- Proper enchants on all gear, gemmed in each slot with at least rare gems.

- A good attitude and knowledge of their class.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

plus a piece or two of tier10/frost emblem stuff.
    Needing tier 10 for tier 10 content? /facepalm

For ICC10:
    Gear needs to mostly be 232s, maybe with some 219s if you have the 242s to balance them out.
    Proper gems and chants with a good knowledge of your class.

5k dps for the first wing, after that 7k per DPSer is needed for the gear checks i'm pretty sure.

35k unbuffed for the first wing, probably closer to 40k unbuffed for the next 3 wings, with 42-43k unbuffed for the LK.

Ofcourse, with the progressing raid wide buff, these requirements should be lowered.

Cleared 11/12 with alts just last week, LK would've gone down as well with a little more time. Everyone was pretty much in emblemgear/hcgear, with a few wearing a couple of icc pieces (4500-5000gs).
    It's all about knowing the encounters, gear doesn't matter much with +10% buff.

if you've got some first class players, ulduar gear sould be enough(ilvl around 235). a proper use of cooldowns and a nice setup is the way you go here.
    else u need totc or totgc10 gear and some badge stuff since its the previous raidinstance(maybe ilvl around 245-250 or so)
    guess togc25 will be harder for you than most of the icc 10 encounters

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

You would be supprised what you could get away with.

dps:
    Anything around the 7k-8k mark should be sufficient, contry to people saying you need 10k+

healing requirments:
    Any healer with a brain should be sufficient, i dont really go into spell power total and mana pools as such.

tanking requirments like health ect:
    Health: 35k Unbuffed
    Defence cap (obviously)
    expertise cap (shouldn't be to hard if you plan on this content level)
    Avoidance: comes with the gear.

Overall:
    All raiders should have proper enchants and gems.
    Know tactics.

Basicly the tier 9 badge set should see you into the first 5-6 bosses comfortably.
    Wufflez - Paladin - DraenorEU

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Tacticwise all has been said.

Gearwise, obviously as much crafted / frost emblem gear as possible.

If you have Rotface and Festergut, give Blood Princes a try before you tackle Putricide or BQL. Phoenix Styles addon helps a bunch on BQL.
    If you need to farm Frost Emblem gear and be in T10/Equivilent gear to get through ICC10 something is wrong. This is the kind of logic that has people looking for 4k+ GS for Naxx25... Naxx was balanced around having 187blues and 200 epics. You do NOT need 232s.

ICC is very doable in ToC10/Triumph Emblem gear assuming that people have a solid idea of how to play the game. Settings minimum gear requirements above that is basically like saying "We're horrible, but hey at least we can outgear the instance!"