Blood Council Bug

When we attempt Blood council in heroic mode in 10 man, when Taladram is empowered and is casting his empowered conjure flame it instantly blows up kill the tank and melee on him. Now logically you would say must have picked a melee as they ran in but that isn't the case it appeared that it was going to chase a mage or priest.

now i'm wondering if there is a chance to target an mirror image realizes its not a real character and explodes or if a priest has fade on it it doesn't know how to probably threat it and explodes upon targeting. its happened multiple times for us and has became very frustrating.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raids $359.76 says know your role bitch.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Blood Council Bug

Tell your mage to stop iceblocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    Tell your mage to stop iceblocking.
    he didn't iceblock. only thing we can figure is images are up.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raids $359.76 says know your role bitch.

Tell your mages to get out of melee range.

Tell your mages to stop doing *INSERT EVERYTHING MAGES SHOULDN'T DO HERE*

That should fix your melee getting nuked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, unless the mage was targeted, and then ran into melee this shouldn't happen. The fireball won't target anyone within, I think it's 30 yards of him, but don't quote me on that number.

Also, the hypothesis that you're proposing is quite interesting. While I've never had the pleasure of experiencing this myself, I will certainly check it out the next time we're at the Council.

I think you are missing the problem. It targets either the mage or priest, both of which are very far away and not in melee range, and then immediatly blows up not even leaving taladram. mage and priest alive, tank and melee eating 80,000 damage.

Uhm, in my opinion only a mage and a priest distant from Taldaran aren't enough. The Emp. Conjured Flame works like Vexaz's Shadow Crash: if there are enough ranged far away from him he will always target them, otherwise.... sucks to be you.
    Try checking your DBM and see if that orb is targetting a meele or your mage/priest.
    If it's targetting those two and it explodes in meele... something is wrong.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Priest fade dont have anything with that,so blame mage

10+ Year Old Account

Only reason it'd blow up early is when the Orb's target goes immune. Either through Iceblock or a bubble. That, or vanishes/invisibles.

I've seen this happen once or twice, and we haven't figured out what's doing it. The announcement said it was cast on someone running away, people run towards that target and the melee and MT fall over dead. Pretty sure the 1st time it happened it was on a warlock, because I was ready to yell at them for being in melee, and then I realized they were getting kinetic bombs on the other side of the room.

Sometimes it just blows up early because its target is a ranged who is too close. Happened to me the other night; I was running out of a shock vortex about to spawn, and since it was against the wall, I had only one direction to go - towards the prince. Naturally, he targeted me a half second later with the flame orb and I exploded all over the (now dead) melee. MT was fine and the fight is doable with even a single dps alive, so it wasn't a wipe, but that's just RNG for you.