If Kidney Shot and Cheap Shot are on the same DR,

Then Sap should include the following...

Allowable in combat,
    Does not require Stealth,
    If the target was in combat at the time Sap lands...
    A (12 second?) CD is placed on Sap
    Places a (1 minute?) debuff called Awareness on the target after they regain control, preventing them from being sapped again.

Before people chime in saying it is OP, let me remind everyone of what Sap already does, and how these won't be changed.

Costs 65 energy (reduced with talents)
    Still limited to 4 different mob types
    Still limited to 1 target
    Still breaks on damage
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: If Kidney Shot and Cheap Shot are on the same DR,

So a 10 second gouge (Minus the having to be facing the front of the target)? I'd rather keep the current design of sap, and just use gouge.

So if Cheap shot is on DR with kidney, then I'd open with ambush or garrote (Depending on whether its a caster of a physical damage dealer) and then kidney. If a lot of people are around, say in a BG, or something, I'd Cheapshot to get other team members to get their dots and effects on them, or possibly stun them again.

Rogues are getting more Passive survivability anyway, so any change to our existing abilities isn't 100% needed, but they will change somethings, but I rather don't like this Sap suggestion, sorry.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Just give us the possibility to sap everything and not limited to 4 different types. I wanna be able to sap pets when fighting a hunter or warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Svenny
    Just give us the possibility to sap everything and not limited to 4 different types. I wanna be able to sap pets when fighting a hunter or warlock!
    sapping their pets are useless

I recall both of them capable of passively transferring a portion of the master's damage taken to the pet, thus attacking the master while the pet being sapped will undo the sap.

p.s., it seems that only the warlock's pet is capable of doing it via soul link.