Poll: What loot system is your favourite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What is your favourite loot distribution system?

Loot council is awful, solves literally none of the issues within dkp systems and just makes people hate their officers. It's also notorious for being slow on new loot, especially on new bosses, which is a huge waste of time. I ran a guild for a couple months and no one felt like setting up a dkp page. Loot council was a nightmare. Every loot call got hashed out, people dragged it out, still tried to 'hoard', still screwed around. Loot council when one person determines all the loot calls is probably the worst system any guild can ever operate under. I didn't do that, but sometimes it felt like it.

If I were forced to pick I'd probably go with a modified dkp system, but honestly loot systems need serious help and it is weird how no one really wants to sit down and fix it. Ideally, loot should be super fast, relatively fair and reward people for hard work, cooperation, good spirit and attending nonloot days. Loot council doesn't do this, nor does unmodified zero sum dkp.

As an aside people generally feel very strongly about loot systems when they're loot whores. I admit I can be a bit of one, but my feelings towards loot council come from running one, and then leaving a later guild over it. You won't get many opinions that aren't biased by experience, anecdotal evidence or people just being swarmy and saying 'I HATES DAT DKP, CUZ UM, GOSH DEM NUMBERS ARE DA WORK OF SATAN darn tootin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear
    loot council, the reason most people dont like it is because they are bias toward themselves and when they dont get loot they assume it was unfair, at least as far as ive seen. It could jsut be luck but 3 of the 4 guilds ive raided in (and i raid progressively) used loot council and it was very effective.

on the topic of dkp or epgp, i dont believe any loot system should award players for showing up as opposed to performance, if someone isnt showing up consistently they should just be kicked, but punishing the dude that cant make it to a raid like once every few months or so seems illogical.
    I haven't done a lot of loot systems, but yeah, most DKP situations I've seen have been on showing up more than performance. Sure, maybe you're not the best guild in the world, but damn, if you're "Rewarding" people who show up but don't really try worth half a damn, it'll just encourage them.

I don't know how Loot Council works(and forgive if what I'm about to say it kinda like it), but when I ran with a guild a few months ago, we had something kinda like DKP in the point where your attendance is noted, but so was your performance, AND your need for gear. If you got +.5% dps from the loot, yet the other guy rolling for it, who also pulled amazing dps FOR HIS GEARSCORE and showed up to more than 85% of raids, got like an 8% increase, it went to him. The only reason that guild disbanded was from a major part of the core group(the officers and the GL were RL friends) wanted to transfer server, and not everyone else wanted to. Because of how evenly and efficiently geared we were, we got neck and neck for server firsts with other guilds that raided on a much harder core schedule than us, but looted solely by DKP.

A working loot council is my favorite when it comes to 25mans, and no, this does not mean one of those loot council where officers take what they want etc, but instead they give it to top dpsers/most active players/biggest upgrade from previous item.
    In 10mans I've found common sense to work out the best, and if 2-3 people feel an equally need for an item, rolling aint that bad

Deleted

/roll for 10-man and alt raids.

For a large guild, DKP or more sophisticated forms of DKP work as far as can be expected. Penalty systems, in the main, are too much effort for too little gain.

For smaller guilds, especially hardcore guilds, Loot Council seems to work best because the council tends to be made up of extremely experienced players who only care about the overall guild's progress. A Loot Council which takes into account the total improvement of a new piece of gear per player can be both efficient and nice looting environment to play in. In other words, no point giving a trinket to someone with amazing gear when another member has mediocre gear and yet is part of the core team. But the priority list of tanks, healers then key dps is uppermost in their minds since without well-geared tanks or healers you cannot even begin to progress...

As long as any system used also recognises that occassionally - at least in this and previous expansions - it was necessary to roll on lesser armor for a class (e.g. cloth for druids), rather than banning it outright, I've rarely noticed any friction with any of the above systems. Of course with the ton of gear available in Woltk, this became even less of a problem.

SKG

I like loot council. It allows you to make decisions based on a wide range of factors, and I think it will serve a guild well in the long run. My guild used a system where we'd sometimes give the loot to a person, and sometimes let certain interested people (not always all the interested people) roll on items. Worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeldi
    I was once in a guild, long ago, which deducted DKP from people if they made a significant mistake on a progression fight.

For example, one time I screwed up on clicking cubes on Magtheridon. I was docked 10 DKP.

I think this kind of system makes sense. You need numbers to raid, and honestly the guy who can't show for one night every few months isn't really missing out on that much DKP. Have incentives for people to perform properly (deductions if you fail bad), and reward people for attending and generally working hard.
    Lol the only thing we ever deduct DKP for is for jumping off the lootship and dying. If you do that, you lose all your DKP.

And yes, we made that rule due to people being stupid with jetpacks and constantly jumping off.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

If its a smaller grun I prefer to chitchat with people needed the same item. In most cases it ends up with a roll and the next drop that people passes. If someone just need 1 or so for an entire run it usally goes to them. I like to handle it in a friendly manner in /w or vent.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually, Loot Council gives gear to their friends.

DKP gets annoying. Let's say all you need from ICC is a healing mace, some guy can save all his DKP and win that mace that you need, but he also needs healing gear so it gets defaulted to him.

Honestly, we leave loot set to Group Loot and people just roll on stuff as they need it, it's the luck of the draw. Nobody throws a fit if they don't win an item, plus if it ends up being a bigger up for someone else, we're nice enough to trade it off.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    I haven't done a lot of loot systems, but yeah, most DKP situations I've seen have been on showing up more than performance. Sure, maybe you're not the best guild in the world, but damn, if you're "Rewarding" people who show up but don't really try worth half a damn, it'll just encourage them.

I don't know how Loot Council works(and forgive if what I'm about to say it kinda like it), but when I ran with a guild a few months ago, we had something kinda like DKP in the point where your attendance is noted, but so was your performance, AND your need for gear. If you got +.5% dps from the loot, yet the other guy rolling for it, who also pulled amazing dps FOR HIS GEARSCORE and showed up to more than 85% of raids, got like an 8% increase, it went to him. The only reason that guild disbanded was from a major part of the core group(the officers and the GL were RL friends) wanted to transfer server, and not everyone else wanted to. Because of how evenly and efficiently geared we were, we got neck and neck for server firsts with other guilds that raided on a much harder core schedule than us, but looted solely by DKP.
    ya in my guild with the loot council to say you wanted something you just linked the item you currently had and all the officers payed attention to if you were pulling your weight or not(and im not jsut talking meters here) then the council voted on who needs/deserves it more.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Rolls for PUGs/10 mans.

EPGP for 25 mans.

Out of the 4 major guilds I've been in I've seen loot council, epgp, dkp, and /random.

So far the most successful method I've seen has been loot council. That's not to say loot council can't be corrupt if you have a bad council, but with the council loot seems to go specifically where it's needed for the guild.

EPGP and DKP were nice, but I hated giving nerd boy who couldn't stop standing in fires loot because he came to every raid and made us 24 man it.

/random is just dumb, you might as well pug your raids.

I added EPGP and SK to the list. I'll start a poll soon, feels like most of them are there now.

Can anybody verify to me that SK and SKG are the same loot systems? Google search is inconclusive.
    Characters: 40 Mage, 60 DK, 70 Hunter, 80 Pally, 80 Warlock, 80 Druid, 70 Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    Out of the 4 major guilds I've been in I've seen loot council, epgp, dkp, and /random.

So far the most successful method I've seen has been loot council. That's not to say loot council can't be corrupt if you have a bad council, but with the council loot seems to go specifically where it's needed for the guild.

EPGP and DKP were nice, but I hated giving nerd boy who couldn't stop standing in fires loot because he came to every raid and made us 24 man it.

/random is just dumb, you might as well pug your raids.
    that reason is precicely why i refuse to raid in a dkp/epgp system i spent months losing gear to people that played the same class/spec i did, but that was a time where i missed a raid like once a month and so i always had less dkp then people that died on almost every fight. Now is my absences were a problem i would not have had an issue losing gear, but the only days i had ever missed were farm content days for valid reasons that noone ever said i was needed for. And yes no loot system s perfect it never will be people want their purples and people rage over not getting purples with green text so no matter what its all what you like based on your experience with that system
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Loot Council here as well. All Officers have their say (in /o of course) and the chosen ones get to roll against each other.
    Works pretty good, as we are a guild with a focus on a good climate as well, so people who integrate and help others get ofc an advantage, as well as people who raid a lot (which are mostly in the 1st group as well, though). Sometimes a bid of a struggle when you feel disadvantaged, but all in all it works good and it takes some sort of sociality into account, sth dkp never could.

But can somebody explain Round Robin to me? Sounds like what the Loot-System in WoW does with Trashmobs, how does it work with Bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDude98
    Common Sense.

In my guild, where we run 10 mans we "roll" on items, however most people in the raid will have common sense to know to pass an item on to someone else if they need it more, however that's their own decision.

Using this method we've never had any arguments over loot, but I guess it requires all raid members to not be morons. I also imagine this won't work for 25 mans due to that chance being much lower.
    This is what we use in my 10man aswell. But it sometimes tends to piss people off. Our first LK kill the caster dagger droped and 4 people rolled on it, disc priest wins, after resets we head in to heroic and on Lootship the Heroic midnight sun drops, and guess who wins in, same guy, who then goes on to shard the dagger from Lk that he had for all of 3 bosses, after that raid we had a warlock leave, so he decided it was a great chance for him to bring his lock in and you guessed it, out roll the 3 other casters his first week in there for a couple bits of heroic caster loot while maintaining a massive 3.9k dps.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    DKP gets annoying. Let's say all you need from ICC is a healing mace, some guy can save all his DKP and win that mace that you need, but he also needs healing gear so it gets defaulted to him.
    "All you need from ICC is a healing mace"

Then why do you have less DKP then him? What is that? You got all the healing gear from ICC (except the mace) while the other healer just watched? That leaves him with no/less ICC gear. Poor you.

Getting gear defaulted is not to blame on DKP but more so the lack of rules.
    Add a DKP cap, let it decay aswell and raise that minimum DKP costs on items.

Also.. /roll? You sicken me.

15+ Year Old Account

Loot council. All the other are terrible. And yes, I've used all of the others before I joined a loot council guild

Loot Council for guild.

GoldDKP for pugs. I did my first GoldDKP run the other day in an ICC25. Gold pot got to 50k+ after only 4 ICC bosses. Ended up with no loot but the 2.2k in gold was well worth it. Just need a trustworthy raid leader and its amazing.

Added a poll, felt that the majority of the popular loot systems were covered.

Thank you for your help.
    Characters: 40 Mage, 60 DK, 70 Hunter, 80 Pally, 80 Warlock, 80 Druid, 70 Druid.