Thread: Rotation Help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rotation Help

Hey, I just came back from a long break and recently got geared for ret through tanking. I am now pulling around 7k+ with the 10% buff. My gear score is at 5.6k stacking str gems and having all the right gear I fell I pull less dps than I should since I see others pulling more with the same or slightly worse gear. So here I am asking for help on a "rotation" for ret pallys that outputs highter dps than what I'm currently doing.
    My current roation is: JoW> CS > DS > Consecration > exorcism than watch cooldowns using this as a priority list until 20% comes into play and HoW becomes 3rd in my rotation. If you are able to help me with a new rotation to help my dps I would be very appreciative. Please and thanks.

Re: Rotation Help

While I'm not too current on ret DPS, I think your judgement is supposed to be a bit lower on the list DPSwise. It should only be first in your priority if mana is an issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Gearscore means nothing. Link your armory please.
    ^
    compilation of your ilvl dont mean anything

Download Rawr, upload your character and hit all rotations. It should tell you all the different rotations and their respective dps.

Belf. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilia
    Download Rawr, upload your character and hit all rotations. It should tell you all the different rotations and their respective dps.
    Ok, this is a good tool to use, but i want to say something about it.

It is not going to tell you anything you wont already know if you look at the guides on these forums and others!

you can sim your character all you want, you can get that item that will "increase" your dps by 25... but at the end of the day Ret has no set rotation, and no boss fight is going to let you stand still save for a specific few, AND even then you rely on procs, crits, and your t10 2 piece to help you hit those magically simmed numbers.

Use the PRIORITY (not rotation) of:

HoW>Judge>ds>cs>conc>exo>Holy Wrath

When you have your 2 piece T10 make sure that unless your judgement is off of cd you use ds before ANYTHING else. i have had strings of attacks like:

Judge
    ds
    cs
    ds
    ds
    judge
    ds
    ds
    cs
    judge...

like rediculously lucky strings. but then i also have unlucky times where i have to wait for 2 entire cooldowns on my ds...

Rawr is nice, but dont let anyone fool you into reading it like its the Ret Bible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Use the PRIORITY (not rotation) of:

Judge>cs>ds>HoW>conc>exo>Holy Wrath
    fixt
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

5500 (I hate GS) and pulling 9-10k you are doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    5500 (I hate GS) and pulling 9-10k you are doing something wrong.
    You don't hate gearscore. Gearscore in itself is a good tool to use. You hate the idiots that think Gearscore is a direct measure of someones ability.

Used correctly, Gearscore helps to tell you mostly what you need to know about an individual. It's a baseline "stat" to look for. For example, you dont want to be taking a 3k gearscore person into ICC 25. You want (hypothetically) 5.5k Gearscore or more, but, you're going to look at the persons gemming/enchanting and achievement history before you actually invite them to the raid, not just say "OH U HAZ A GUUD GEARSKOR I R INVITEZ U NAO." Obviously you wont know everything about a pug, but you're obviously willing to take that risk, otherwise you wouldn't be pugging.

Actually you are right I hate people that use gearscore to discriminate people.

We have a holy paladin on our server who pugs mostly he must have 5800 5900 GS, his gears absolutely SUCKS, I mean last I checked I don't think the 264 libram for holy is any good.

GS whores is what I hate.

I have greatness it's worth 174GS (when you can get ilvl 251-264 with like 200-220GS) it is still better than "most" trinkets out there.

BTW having Achievs for the 6-7 first bosses of ICC (7being Valithria) doesn't mean jack, you could EASILY kill the 7 first with 23-24 people now that the 10% buff is up.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account

i use HoW>JoW>CS>DS>cons>exo>holywrath
    Use the clcret addon it helps with catching DS procs.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx
    Here's a link to clcret. try it out and it should help alot.

CS is your prio only if you have the 264 libram. If not your rotation should be JoW>HoW>DS>Exo>Concecration>CS
    This is how i do it and outdps everyone with a better GS than me (Herklum War Token is srs GS bsns) 8)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    S is your prio only if you have the 264 libram. If not your rotation should be JoW>HoW>DS>Exo>Concecration>CS
    This is how i do it and outdps everyone with a better GS than me (Herklum War Token is srs GS bsns) 8)
    ...whut?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spartinz
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx
    Here's a link to clcret. try it out and it should help alot.
    CLCRet won't change your rotation FOR you based on your gear: You have to do that yourself still.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong

Rawr is nice, but dont let anyone fool you into reading it like its the Ret Bible.
    I never said it was. I simply stated that it'll give him the highest wielding priority (thanks btw, I was brain farting on that word). Its a good tool, whether its to measure personal dps or check if a piece is an upgrade.

Belf. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    ...whut?

I second that.

edit : just ran Rawr with my toon (armoury in sig) apparently the highest yielding dps rotation is Jud>DS>CS>Con>HoW>Exo

Any thoughts ?

Azharok - Dalaran EU

15+ Year Old Account

I second that.

edit : just ran Rawr with my toon (armoury in sig) apparently the highest yielding dps rotation is Jud>DS>CS>Con>HoW>Exo

Any thoughts ?
    HoW should always be ahead of Cons, otherwise it sounds right (there is the CS vs DS debate with 2pc T10 too, but that isnt of much concern)

Yeah guess so, I mean Rawr is just a simulation program. The best solution to work rotations out is to try them on the field of battle :P.

DAMMIT TORAVON GIMME MY T10 !!!

Azharok - Dalaran EU

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah guess so, I mean Rawr is just a simulation program. The best solution to work rotations out is to try them on the field of battle :P.

DAMMIT TORAVON GIMME MY T10 !!!
    Be sure you have the correct settings too

You can tweak the simulation settings to fit better with specific fights. By default, it estimates things certain ways (x% dps uptime, etc.). If you play with the settings, you might find different results for a fight like Saurfang compared to a fight like the LK.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.