Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gearscore Requirements On Your Server

Personally i hate gearscore and have no intention of ever using it, but its just funny to see some of the gear requirements players dish out for such easy instances/raids.

So just for laughs and giggles post what the requirements for Raids/Dungeons are on your server

Server: Khadgar EU
    VoA10: 5k
    VoA25: 5.2k
    ICC10: 5.2k
    ICC25: 5.5-5.7k GS

Join in!

EDIT: I didn't see that gearscore threads wernt aloud so im sorry. If the thread does manage to get out of hand, which i shouldnt think it would then feel free to lock it

Deleted

Re: Gearscore Requirements On Your Server

There WILL be an argument in here.
    Or a preemptive lock.
    I can guarantee it.

In any case...

VoA 10: 4.8k
    VoA 25: 5k
    ICC 10: Small clear: 5k. Half-way clear: 5.4k. "Full" clear: 5.5k
    ICC 25: Take the ones above and add .1k

I stopped playing before this GS-BS started being popular, but I hope my realm will have low requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    There WILL be an argument in here.
    Or a preemptive lock.
    I can guarantee it.
    Well theres no need for anyone to argue about it, its only for fun and to see how the requirements vary server to server.

For some reason it seems every instance other than ICC25, the RL will be asking for a 5k GS.
    The average for a 25m ICC pug is 5.3k
    Obviously, none of these pugs ever make it past the first wing. Any successful pug I have been in did not have a GS requirement.

I've seen 4.8k for Naxx 10.

It's always puzzled me how full T9 is not enough for an instance that drops T10.
    Sometimes full T9 is not enough for an instance that drops T9.

I have no idea what others on my server require (it seems like they keep requiring higher number for older content just to breeze through it) but wow-hereos rating is what my server usually goes by. In the case of my guild, the requirement is equal to the item level of the drops in the raid x 10. i.e. 2510 for ICC10N

My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

The Gay Score requirement is to link ToGC25, Tribute to Insanity and ICC late wings, then start a big GS argument in trade chat, join the raid with an alt and outdps all the GS addicts even though all their gear is one raid tier better than mine
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I've seen 5.2k requeriment for naxx10, so yeah, gs sucks

also
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw
    The Gay Score requirement is to link ToGC25, Tribute to Insanity and ICC late wings, then start a big GS argument in trade chat, join the raid with an alt and outdps all the GS addicts even though all their gear is one raid tier better than mine
    Haha i found this rather funny

well with all the free emblems you can get over 5k gs with just chaining hc. just takes some time to farm all those emblems but once your done you finally start to raid naxx 10.... "Damn!!! sry dude you got 5k gs but you dont have achi for naxx 10, sry but i need experienced and overgeared ppl to carry my lazy ass"

Quote Originally Posted by DerpKnight
    I've seen 4.8k for Naxx 10.

It's always puzzled me how full T9 is not enough for an instance that drops T10.
    Sometimes full T9 is not enough for an instance that drops T9.
    I've seen this aswell :s

Heck, I've even been refused to join an Heroic instance on one of my alts cuz he only had 4.5k gs at the time
    The lost nomadic druid.

Deleted

I did see on my server (Terenas-EU) a 5k GS requirement advertised in trade for the weekly quest for anub in naxx 25 >.<

I almost wet myself when i saw that.

10+ Year Old Account

inb4 the invitable GS flamewar/QQ

OT:

On Icecrown-US, when people put together PUGs and the RL ask for a GS. 5k seems to be the average.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

15+ Year Old Account

None.
    ilvl 235 for ICC10 and 240 for ICC25. Most of the time linking that you did two wings or ToGCr suffices.
    Can't complain since 235 is easily done within a week of playing (did that with my pala alt when he hit 80)

Oh and there's almost always a gearcheck (at least in the groups that actually do something) So even if your average ilvl is a bit lower people take you in when they see you've gemmed/enchanted/specced/geared properly.

Advantage of my server is that we have 3 excellent guilds on horde side, while still being small enough (~7k characters on horde side and 3k on alliance) that you can assume that people who have good gear are actually good players since a bad reputation travels fast and we have loads of alts from the aforementioned guilds

EU - Kil'jaeden

ICC : above 5k
    VoA, ony, ToC, anything lower : bring your alt, i dont care. We will drag you trough if you go afk.

Gear requirements for VoA ? Are you freaking kidding me ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account

Make a LV 1 char.
    Go to city.
    /2 LFM IC 25
    /DND OVER 9000 GS OR GTFO

Works like a charm to make fun out of gearscore nabs.

Kazzak EU
    VoA 10: 5.2k
    VoA 25: 5.5k
    ICC 10: Noob runs 5k Good runs 5500
    ICC 25: 5500 and up
    Don't sweat the details!!!

On Aerie Peak - US something like 2700+ for ToGC 10, 2500 or so for VoA... I saw 2600 required for Patchwerk once. o.O Usually though, I see it the other way around. "3k GS warrior tank LFG for Naxx weekly." I know they do it to seem pro and whatnot, but it's Naxx 10. XD

10+ Year Old Account

Can someone elucidate me exactly what does each value go for?

5k GS, that's what, Ulduar gear, or? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower
    EU - Kil'jaeden

ICC : above 5k
    VoA, ony, ToC, anything lower : bring your alt, i dont care. We will drag you trough if you go afk.

Gear requirements for VoA ? Are you freaking kidding me ?
    I know it sounds bizzare but GS for VoA is true stuff