Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Gearscore Requirements On Your Server

Mostly achievement linking and inspecting on Defias.
    Anyone stupid enough to set GS requirements gets flamed in trade.

Some servers requirements are just insane!

I stoped playing on my dps-war a month or so ago (the week sindigrosa unlocked).
    That week me and my guild cleared the wing prior to sindigrosa 25man and since then I haven't raided anything at all.

I loged in to ask some random what GS I had, I had 5.2k, so on some realms out there I can't join a VoA...

Cmon, where is wow heading? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    There WILL be an argument in here.
    Or a preemptive lock.
    I can guarantee it.

In any case...

VoA 10: 4.8k
    VoA 25: 5k
    ICC 10: Small clear: 5k. Half-way clear: 5.4k. "Full" clear: 5.5k
    ICC 25: Take the ones above and add 1k
    So what you're saying is that your server requires a 6k gearscore to do the first part of ICC25? Ya thats easily attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial
    Can someone elucidate me exactly what does each value go for?

5k GS, that's what, Ulduar gear, or? :<
    5k is about full 232 gear with a few 245s maybe.
    What I do know for sure is that avg item lv 244 is about 5.3k GS
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

When people on my server say LFM for whatever raid i just say invite. they then reply with GS? and i follow with its retarded. By then if i get an inv i know they know what they are doing or if they ask again for gs i know i dont want to be in the group.
    Hot Damn! Here I am!

usually 5500/3kGS (mod/wowheroes) for ICC pugs, 2800 if people really dont care to try. Achievement linking galore.

Pisses me off. I got into a pug 25 ICC on saurfang by the good words of a friend of mine. I had just barely broken the 5kGS/2700 (mod/wowheroes) point and I still out dps'd most of the people there who had much better gear than me. Skill still plays a part in it...

Being more casual, I dont have a lot of the achievements yet. I however am a fast learner, and that crap shouldn't matter.

Server - Gurubashi US

voa10 - higher than 4,8k
    voa25 - btw 5k and 5,3k
    icc10 - at lest 5,3k but many pugs now want 5,5k to a "complete clear"
    icc25 - 5,5k to clear till saurfang ... 5,7k to 6k to try plague and blood wing

All you see on Stonemaul is LFM, ICC 10 5.3K GS OR OVER.
    Then half the time get in the raid to see that the leader himself isn't even meeting his own requirements.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by WildEther
    usually 5500/3kGS (mod/wowheroes) for ICC pugs, 2800 if people really dont care to try. Achievement linking galore.

Pisses me off. I got into a pug 25 ICC on saurfang by the good words of a friend of mine. I had just barely broken the 5kGS/2700 (mod/wowheroes) point and I still out dps'd most of the people there who had much better gear than me. Skill still plays a part in it...

Being more casual, I dont have a lot of the achievements yet. I however am a fast learner, and that crap shouldn't matter.

Yeah i understand what you mean, quite alot of players seems to think "Gearscore = Skill" but breaking 5.2k GS isnt all that hard and even attainable by players who know there class very little.

15+ Year Old Account

GS isn´t used (much) on Earthen Ring. If it would, i would meet the requirements anyway.

and Gearscore is a not that bad addon....when used right, you know that you can type /gs <insert name> to check the gear they're wearing (ok, it's worse than just inspecting/armory) and that there's an 'experience tab' too?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Is it even possible to get 5500 gearscore without doing any ICC raid. For example, you geared up through the dungeon system, got some VoA10/25 loot and then you have like 5200 gearscore, you just can't get higher (TotgC25 maybe).

Vashj EU
    VoA10: 5k+
    VoA25: 5300+
    ICC10: 5200+
    ICC25: 5500+

I put together a lot of pug raids on my server and they usually go in this order.
    toc10 4.5k
    toc25 4.6k-4.7k
    icc10 5.1-5.3 depending on how far i want the pug to go
    icc25 5.3k+
    vault has no requirement except the achieve cause seriously... it's vault.

Most of the other people get kind of out of hand with their requirements. Last one i saw was an togc25 asking for 5.9kgs.... with a gs that high nobody would want the loot their but that's just my opinion.

Server - Shattered Hand EU

5.6k GS for ulduar weekly, so does FL, XT, razor...
    5.5k for onyxia
    5.8k for icc 25

but I dont care, dont pug that much <3

Quote Originally Posted by cowmakermx
    I put together a lot of pug raids on my server and they usually go in this order.
    toc10 4.5k
    toc25 4.6k-4.7k
    icc10 5.1-5.3 depending on how far i want the pug to go
    icc25 5.3k+
    vault has no requirement except the achieve cause seriously... it's vault.

Most of the other people get kind of out of hand with their requirements. Last one i saw was an togc25 asking for 5.9kgs.... with a gs that high nobody would want the loot their but that's just my opinion.
    5.9k for ToGC25 is reasonably high and usually only players in high end raiding guilds within your server have that kind of GS and usually try not to PUG anything.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool, Khadgar EU :]
    Transfered my Server from there, was my first server :]

For VoA there's no GS requirement, achievement is normally all thats needed. GS is asked to check gear level :]
    ICC10: 4/12 is about 5k, then anything above normally is about 5.5k gs :]
    ICC25: 5.4k about :]

Spinebreaker EU sucks , lots of kids :[.

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

I recently moved from US-Dragonblight to US-Garona and was a bit confused by the gearscore "requirements" on Garona. I see quite a few people asking for gearscores of 3000 for ICC10 and plenty of people looking for ICC10 raids advertising something like 2800. There wasn't just one occurrence of this as it seemed to go on all weekend long.

Could people be accepting lower gearscores for ICC due to the 10% buff?

As an aside, while gearscore is a pretty terrible way to evaluate a person's ability, I think I loathe achievement linking much more.

I enjoyed the days of Kharazan and Gruul's pugs before all of this GS/Achievement BS when you'd bring someone in to your group without knowing much about them other than level, class and spec (with the exception of gear checking on the armory if you were that anal). You'd give them a chance and if they sucked then you'd kick them out and find a replacement. Conversely, it was always a pleasant surprise to find someone who might not have been geared very well or had completed the raid before but could listen to instructions and was clearly competent in performing their role in the group. You actually enjoyed seeing people like that get better loot instead of seeing some tool with 6000gs get a shard. In my opinion, the luck of the draw was part of the fun of pugging low-level raids.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    VoA 10: 4.8k
    VoA 25: 5k
    ICC 10: Small clear: 5k. Half-way clear: 5.4k. "Full" clear: 5.5k
    ICC 25: Take the ones above and add 1k
    I'd be a little surprised to see someone demanding a 6.5k gear score to full clear ICC 25 considering that I have an average item level of 263 right now and I'm at 6050 (2x 277, 2x 245, the rest are all 264). I've also cleared 6/12 bosses in Heroic ICC 25 with my gear so 6500 seems a bit much considering the only way to get that high would be with mostly 277 and like a 284 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Postkrieg
    Cool, Khadgar EU :]
    Transfered my Server from there, was my first server :]

For VoA there's no GS requirement, achievement is normally all thats needed. GS is asked to check gear level :]
    ICC10: 4/12 is about 5k, then anything above normally is about 5.5k gs :]
    ICC25: 5.4k about :]

Spinebreaker EU sucks , lots of kids :[.
    Oh sweet khadgar is still a pretty good server imo, but like you said its the school holiday so lots of kids :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    I recently moved from US-Dragonblight to US-Garona and was a bit confused by the gearscore "requirements" on Garona. I see quite a few people asking for gearscores of 3000 for ICC10 and plenty of people looking for ICC10 raids advertising something like 2800. There wasn't just one occurrence of this as it seemed to go on all weekend long.

Could people be accepting lower gearscores for ICC due to the 10% buff?

As an aside, while gearscore is a pretty terrible way to evaluate a person's ability, I think I loathe achievement linking much more.

I enjoyed the days of Kharazan and Gruul's pugs before all of this GS/Achievement BS when you'd bring someone in to your group without knowing much about them other than level, class and spec (with the exception of gear checking on the armory if you were that anal). You'd give them a chance and if they sucked then you'd kick them out and find a replacement. Conversely, it was always a pleasant surprise to find someone who might not have been geared very well or had completed the raid before but could listen to instructions and was clearly competent in performing their role in the group. You actually enjoyed seeing people like that get better loot instead of seeing some tool with 6000gs get a shard. In my opinion, the luck of the draw was part of the fun of pugging low-level raids.
    Yeah i can understand that, but i swear now there is alot more people not knowing what to do. So they wipe the raid :|.
    I always check to see if they have done ToGC or something to see if they are a decent player :].

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

Skullcrusher - Alliance

Vault10 - 4.7k
    Vault25 - 4.9k

Icc10 - 5k going now to 5.2k most of time
    Icc25 - 5.2k+