Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: Gap Closer? Help me understand.

I think people forget why retri is brought to 3v3 and why it isnt brought to 5v5.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

pallys just like to QQ
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jtroia
    everyone just likes to QQ about pallys
    fixT.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    fixT.
    WIN

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeToast
    I think people forget why retri is brought to 3v3 and why it isnt brought to 5v5.
    Yea, Cleanse, and its being taken away.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Lolpallies crying about gap closing. I ran a 2v2 team with a resto sham/pally comp. We destroyed people because of my burst damage the most I had to do was HoP my shaman because my damage output was destruction. News flash in an arena setting PoJ is OP if you are having issues with ranged classes then l2LoS better and draw them to you. Most of your quams with your precious ret. pallies are easily solved.

Sorry you get rediculous damage output coupled with some of the most amazing defensive/utility spells in the game. I have been playing ret. since soon after BC release(refuse to play alliance at that time). I remember when pallies did shit damage as ret. and their only use was blessings/auras which you still have and are staples in any raid and many pvp atmospheres.

The fact is palladins have never been an aggressive class and they shouldn't need a gap closer. If you are chasing someone 328 yards then you are most likely in a world pvp setting in which who gives a half of a shit about killing someone in world pvp for a minimal amount of honor. In arena you will not have a problem chasing someone down and if they are running then they aren't casting now are they.

While they are at providing a pallies with gap closers why don't they give them an ms effect as well. I mean the game is already so homogenized they may as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Murdamook
    Lolpallies crying about gap closing. I ran a 2v2 team with a resto sham/pally comp. We destroyed people because of my burst damage the most I had to do was HoP my shaman because my damage output was destruction. News flash in an arena setting PoJ is OP if you are having issues with ranged classes then l2LoS better and draw them to you. Most of your quams with your precious ret. pallies are easily solved.

Sorry you get rediculous damage output coupled with some of the most amazing defensive/utility spells in the game. I have been playing ret. since soon after BC release(refuse to play alliance at that time). I remember when pallies did shit damage as ret. and their only use was blessings/auras which you still have and are staples in any raid and many pvp atmospheres.

The fact is palladins have never been an aggressive class and they shouldn't need a gap closer. If you are chasing someone 328 yards then you are most likely in a world pvp setting in which who gives a half of a shit about killing someone in world pvp for a minimal amount of honor. In arena you will not have a problem chasing someone down and if they are running then they aren't casting now are they.

While they are at providing a pallies with gap closers why don't they give them an ms effect as well. I mean the game is already so homogenized they may as well.
    1st necro
    2nd 3.0-3.1 called they want their ret back

Quote Originally Posted by Murdamook

You are awesome. So hip, so fresh!

The rest of us that have played ret arena at 2k+ mmr would like a word with you, though.

Since people don't want a charge since its not 'paladin like', why not shake it up a bit?

Prot talent

Forceful Resolution
    30 yard range
    Insert Mana Cost here
    Cast time instant
    30 second cooldown
    Dispel type: magic

Forces an enemy target to stop attacking and walk towards the paladin for 6 seconds.

Now prot paladins in pve against casters have a way to make them come to them while tanking, and pvp ret paladins can spec into prot to get this talent to force a kiter to walk towards them. It can be tweaked several ways by the devs to balance as needed. For example, it could work like repentance and have a pve duration(6 sec for pve) and say 3 seconds for pvp if needed. It could also reduce the walking speed of the enemy to 100% if need be if its being used against people using sprints and rocket boots getting forced right into the paladins face(although I think that would make it better, make the use of sprint/rocket boots/speed modifiers a risky choice instead of a lol-see ya.)

Its not an instant-you're-there ability like Death Grip or Charge, and it can be dispelled, so it requires team synergy to pull off or get out of, you walk towards the paladin so you can trinket out if you chose, etc. Give rets an interupt so they can perform properly in a raid or a 5 man, and give prots a tool that ret can chose to pick up to have a pvp gap closer.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur
    Since people don't want a charge since its not 'paladin like', why not shake it up a bit?

Prot talent

Forceful Resolution
    30 yard range
    Insert Mana Cost here
    Cast time instant
    30 second cooldown
    Dispel type: magic

Forces an enemy target to stop attacking and walk towards the paladin for 6 seconds.

Now prot paladins in pve against casters have a way to make them come to them while tanking, and pvp ret paladins can spec into prot to get this talent to force a kiter to walk towards them. It can be tweaked several ways by the devs to balance as needed. For example, it could work like repentance and have a pve duration(6 sec for pve) and say 3 seconds for pvp if needed. It could also reduce the walking speed of the enemy to 100% if need be if its being used against people using sprints and rocket boots getting forced right into the paladins face(although I think that would make it better, make the use of sprint/rocket boots/speed modifiers a risky choice instead of a lol-see ya.)

Its not an instant-you're-there ability like Death Grip or Charge, and it can be dispelled, so it requires team synergy to pull off or get out of, you walk towards the paladin so you can trinket out if you chose, etc. Give rets an interupt so they can perform properly in a raid or a 5 man, and give prots a tool that ret can chose to pick up to have a pvp gap closer.

Thoughts?

My thought is that being able to just make someone stop doing anything but RP walk toward you for 6 seconds is kind of retarded. Especially on a 30 second cooldown. Remember that in cataclysm dispels are being revamped to not be so faceroll. I can see that being silly because all you'd have to do is use it on the person who can dispel on the other team, and they're screwed. I think it's a neat idea, kind of, but at the same time it needs a lot of tweaking to make it viable.

I preface this with the admission that the total experience I had as ret pvp was when I was bored on my paladin when I first hit 80 and decided to do BGs. It was around ulduar, I believe, and it was fun for about 5 minutes. I think the reason most paladins want a gap closer is because either you're exploding someone or you're RP walking toward someone because they're kiting you. Either situation is really bad pvp, and it's the reason I didn't play my pally past those few hours. I, for one, would rather see less burst but more utility as a ret paladin, and that would make me play her again. I don't think it's a matter of being underpowered so much as just being very uninteresting pvp on both the part of the paladin and whoever they're fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur

Prot talent

Yes...prot needs more PvP utility by default, I also seriously doubt that would be anywhere close for us to get if so. Seeing as holy could get it too and have a field day. :P
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account

/cast Turn Thread Necromancy