Poll: My reaction to selling the Steed in the online store is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Celestial Steed Poll

No way Jose! I would look a tad to gay on my DK.

if it was like $10 sure. but its Blizzard so it will probs be 30-50$. so no. least now the Algalon last boss of VOA theorys will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    No way Jose! I would look a tad to gay on my DK.
    Ride it neked.. You'd look like the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse, that the other 4 don't like to talk about, and get nervous around when drinkings going on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Alar still makes this Pegasus wannabe look like junk....

Not getting it. It should be a Boss drop.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Let the bads have their mount.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Blizzard must really be desperate for money if they need to sell these.
    Mounts and pets earned through real life money = no skills though and thus no respect.
    So you give people respect if they have achievements and/or high-end gear?
    Weird I judge people by how they act, for example for this post you don't get any respect from me.

Deleted

7th option ill buy if its cheap

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Blizzard must really be desperate for money if they need to sell these.
    It's called genius marketing. Welcome to a capitalist system. Higher profits = better paid employees, more development wiggle room, etc.

Mounts and pets earned through real life money = no skills though and thus no respect.
    I get the feeling you're someone who doesn't have a single meta-achievement mount.

Blizzard says vanity pets and mounts don't "matter" in game?

Then why are they making millions selling them. They may not matter in the sense of "beating wow" but clearly these items matter to a lot of people in game.

Maybe end-game content doesn't "matter" to me and I just stand in Dal all day spamming trade? In that case, why not just sell me all the Heroic ICC25 gear?

Still, I voted "I don't care". Just not a good general practice for the game in my opinion.

I'll buy it, if at least half of the price goes to some sort of charity and i hope it costs 50 - 100 € to keep it rare.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

10+ Year Old Account

I really dislike this idea of buying items for money outside the game and the day Blizzard starts selling game changing items its the day i will quit the game.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Imma buy that shit.

2. reasons.

1. I'm rich, bitch!
    2. Looks way cooler then my ironbound (Never getting Invinsible)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    It's NOT the same texture. Invincible is armored, rotting, and has freaking bat wings! It's the Ozzy Osbourne of the mount world.
    The Celestial Steed is blue, has stars inside it, and glittery armor. It's the David Bowie of the mount world.

So, who do you prefer? David Bowie, or Ozzy Osbourne?
    Great... Now I have to get one and make myself the leader of a guild called <Of Calamitous Intent>

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela
    It's called genius marketing. Welcome to a capitalist system. Higher profits = better paid employees, more development wiggle room, etc.
    Don't fool yourself, the employees aren't seeing a dime in increased wages from the sales of these mounts. A bonus maybe, but the average staffer isn't getting a raise thanks to Blizz selling vanity items. It's far more logical to assume that 95% of the profit is going right in to the owner's pockets.

yep this is another genius idea blizzard thought of the first i think the best one is new recruit a friend mount

i apologize most sincerely for earning enough money to just buy a vanity items. no really, it's my fault.

seriously this item has no impact on gameplay at all. it's all vanity. if you are bitching about it being bought then you either
    a)don't have the cash and really desperately want it anyway
    b)take the game WAY too seriously

people that don't take WoW that seriously and still see it as a game to be enjoyed won't give two shits if it's a buyable item. people that want it and have the cash, will have it. people that have the cash and don't want it, also won't care unless they fall to condition b)
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I have yet to see Paragon's opinion on this(and would like to see it), given that some of them are the rightfull owners of the first Invincibles.

My opinion, why not, I'll look at the price first though. It's not so much a bad idea on Blizz's part, given that, hey, they are still a company(And how DARE THEY TRY TO MAKE MONEY, right? Gimme a break..)

So what if it's a mount? I think it's a nice one. It's not game breaking, even for non-high end raiders(does it hurt your e-peen if you see someone with it, and you have the, in my opinion, highly superior Invincible) . It doesnt have stats, and adepts to your own riding skill/fastest mount.

Is it better than the rocket mount? Dunno, I really like the "two-seat" flying mount idea.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

This is the blatant profiteering from more and more items outside of earnable in the game we knew would creep into the game with Activision being anywhere near this game. The slide has started now, It will only get worse till you can buy powerleveling/gear and such from the blizzard store.

Pixels matter everyone.

I'll check the price first and then decide. It's a pretty cheap shot by blizzard to make some money, but hey, they are a business first.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US