Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Blizzard Online Store

If you want fair in a game, play Monster Hunter, it actually requires skill, precision, and timing.

As long as they dont sell things that effect the game-play I'll be happy. When they start selling weapons, gear or a mount that goes fast w/ out you owning a fast mount, then it'd be wrong. But sadly i do see something like that happening.

Deleted

It's not unfair srsly a pet costs only £9 and a mount cost £17 that's not a lot of money for cool items, just like nearly every other game out there, there will be nice dlc and items for just a small price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâtz
    It's not unfair srsly a pet costs only £9 and a mount cost £17 that's not a lot of money for cool items, just like nearly every other game out there, there will be nice dlc and items for just a small price.
    [color=green][b]This is true. DLC is this generation of consoles/PC gaming's thing. It will never go away people need to get used to it, I do understand the gripe about cost, the 10$ for a pet and 25$ for the mount are in no way justified when I can go to a game like borderlands and pay 9.99 for whole new areas of the game with new everything and raised level caps. Of course if people are willing to pay it (which many are) the price will be high.

I don't see where the problem is. If you want some extra cool items you pay for it, if you don't then you don't pay for them. There are still cool mounts in the game you can get without paying anything extra (except with time, and we all know time is money).Really, stop the whining already.

On a sidenote: Talking about a nation's residents in such a degrading manner shortly after they've suffered one of the biggest tragedies since WW2 is really really low and I've reported you to the moderators. Just goes to show what kind of low-life scum that reside here from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toss101
    WoW no one has gotten my point yet except for like 1 person.
    Just want to make some points for peoples comments.

Blizzard Needing Money? They have 12Million subscribers and there making another expansion which Alot of Subscribers will come back to WoW to play Cataclysm plus the new Players that it will attracted,like me which my account is currently frozen till the new expansion comes out.Blizzard has money for servers to make less lag,for ICC the 2 servers I'm in got worse.
    I'm not saying this to be mean or to try and play grammar cop, but part of the reason people don't get your point is because you haven't presented it in a readable form. Run-on sentences, abbreviations, poor punctuation, etc. are fine in chat and elsewhere, but it really makes it difficult when you're trying to make a cohesive point for others to understand and debate.

And going back to your original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Toss101
    Who wouldn't Love to Get The Celestial Mount.
    Next thing you'll know is that Blizzard is going to amazing Mounts,Pet most likly costums etc... which the normal game doesn't have.
    Of course they will. They're already offering amazing mounts and pets, and I'm sure costumes aren't far behind. That's the whole point of the online store - to offer cool vanity items that are just fun. They still won't provide any game-play advantage over another player. And of course they're amazing. Why else would someone buy them? Nobody's going to spend the extra money for a mount that's unappealing.
    Corvinas (US-Drenden)

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black
    You do have an equal opportunity to get it, you can make 25$ off of tips on a very slow night as a waiter/waitress. It's not something you need to play the game so there is nothing wrong with it IMO.
    You know, thats the exact same thing as when people complained they couldn't see high end content. Everyone always had an equal opportunity, some just didn't have the time skill or ambition to reach it. Have some consistency in your arguments though, you can't tell me having difficult to reach high end content is unfair and "bad for the game" all while defending your stance on this issue it's completely self defeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinas
    I'm not saying this to be mean or to try and play grammar cop, but part of the reason people don't get your point is because you haven't presented it in a readable form. Run-on sentences, abbreviations, poor punctuation, etc. are fine in chat and elsewhere, but it really makes it difficult when you're trying to make a cohesive point for others to understand and debate.
    lol I've never been a good typer or good in grammer :P

You can buy an entire game for less than $25. Why a reskined Invincible costs that much is nothing short of foolishness to me.

As as side thought, Im sure we will all be able to farm hard more arthas once Hellscream gets up to 30%.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Selling mounts unfair/uncool? No its ok I can live with that.

Selling *that* mount after I spent the last month dreaming about the epic crazy quest line and hard hard bosses required to get it? Yeah. Literally ripped a massive chunk of my heart out! Yeah emo I know, but I had dreamed big things regarding the steeds acquisition, and no you just...buy it.

I'm disappointed not because they are selling mounts but simply - that hands down, is the COOLEST mount that will ever exist in WoW and I can't attain it through PVE. The sole reason I play wow is the PVE so it is gutting to me.

Is it really too much to expect rewards to come with content associated with them?

Blizzard should still keep it up to the game,your skill,dedication to achieve somthing in game

One the first comments on this post, I believe it was from Toss101 made a lot of sense to me, despite the fact that he was flamed for commenting. Toss101 pointed out that WoW is becoming a F2PMMO. While Toss101 was not correct in that the game is becoming free, the ideology is shifting that way. There have been P2P games and F2P. Many of us know that F2P games were, in all honesty never really free as many of the "cool" items had to be paid for with real money. WoW has had this history of rewarding the players that first opt to pay for the game, and then do difficult or time consuming activities with the coolest looking things.
    Now, that doesn't seem to be the case. We still are expected to spend time and money, playing the game, and now have to pay additional money for cool things. So in a sense, Toss101's comment was accurate. I assume from recent events, acknowledgment from the creators of DDO that they made more money when they introduced a cash shop and removed the monthly fee, and that Blizz has stated that they may not be able to continue to afford WoW's budget with the player base it has. Blizz has found an effective tool that we that have spent our time and money on WoW over the years will buy into. Not only will almost all of us continue to pay for WoW, despite this change, these items like it or not, and I would say have been proved by the animosity of this tread against those players that have stated that they don't have the money to buy the new mount, that there will be a certain amount of prestige and epeen waving for those that have the money on hand to buy one. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but will likely encourage further sales.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    For everyone QQ'ing, there's one thing in life that makes all the problems go away, its green, smells beautiful, and makes everything better.
    Money?

15+ Year Old Account

Locking this thread due to flaming, trolling and advertising drugs? Seriously?
    Dawwwwwww